me & my various benefits

shazajo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding, shazajo, is that you get the assessment rate only whilst you appeal to a Tribunal. No premium.

Nah you just don't get the ESA component.

ESA becomes the primary benefit so takes over the paying of any extra premiums bonuses you had through other benefits.

It depends on quite few different factors Shazajo so your best bet is to use a benefits calculator and read up on the DWP site to what actually crosses over from each benefit you're on.

Most Council website have them plus a few other sites on line, use a couple to see what results you get.

Edit: see 13.3 Premiums here >>>>> http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/f31.htm

There's a bit on HB premiums here too >>>>> http://www.dwp.gov.uk/local-authority-staff/housing-benefit/claims-processing/closer-working-with-dwp/employment-and-support-allowance/

during appeal do they make you do the work focused interviews?

Not any more they don't. Previously they did which was just plain silly.

Edited by speedfreek

You should get a letter regarding payments while you appeal, yes. However, it can take a few weeks to process a newly received appeal, so I wouldn't assume that you'll get your payment on the normal day. Of course, provided you keep your sick/fit notes up to date, any late payment will be backdated when it is finally issued.

What happens is that your appeal, once received, is sent to the appeals team at the processing office. They will check that it is "valid" - that is, that is is sent on form GL24 or on a letter stating that it is an appeal, that it's clear what it is you are appealing, and that it is signed. After that, they carry out a reconsideration - this is an internal DWP process in which they will check to see if they can change the decision in your favour without the need for an appeal. If they can, great, the decision will be changed and the appeal won't go ahead. If they stick with the original decision (as they usually do, I'm afraid) then they will forward your appeal to the Tribunal.

All of this takes time, sadly, which is why I say not to expect your payment on time.

You have an guestimate time for this? as it concerns me also.

Here is a timescale I have for my current appeal (which isnt paid as not for failed medical).

I submitted appeal and they recieved it, then there was a 3 week gap until I got postal confirmation the appeal had been recieved. Would this confirmation trigger the payment, or does it not start until the DWP submit to the tribunal service.

As since that confirmation a further 2 weeks passed and nothing. So now total 5 weeks passed.

I am currently 4 weeks without benefit, and potentially the process I still have left is to fail a medical (which I have no appointment for yet) and then appeal that failed medical and then of course wait until that appeal is been processed for benefit.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Does anyone know the address for me to send hubbys sick note to?, I know last time it was stockton, just that I cant make it to the jobcentre to get an envelope and I want to send it recorded delivery anyway, many thanks

Hello there.

Can you ring them? The people dealing with the claim should be able to tell you.

Keep a note of the time and date and the name of the person you speak to with details of what they say, just in case.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 4 weeks later...

As some of you may be aware we are appealing our ESA, they have wrote to us a couple of months ago saying we will get paid while on appeal, but the question is we havent even heard nothing from the tribunals service, is this normal?, we have not got a date for appeal yet

Thanks Honeybee13

I just thought I would of had some paperwork from the tribunal before we submit further evidence, all we have had is we will pay you until a decision has been made

In due course, if you haven't already had it, you will be sent a large envelope of bumpf which includes copies of why the DWP turned down your application, copies of your evidence, ESA50 and the ATOSH full report. You will also, in time, be given a date for your Tribunal normally about three weeks notice or thereabouts. You can send additional evidence to the Tribunals Service to arrive no later than a week before your hearing. You can, in exceptional circumstances, submit further items on the day. The entire process from failing ESA to a hearing can be up to one year...

Thanks RaeUK

Yeah I knew it can take up to a year to get to appeal, I just wasnt sure if we should of had some kind of paperwork by now so thanks for the info, its much appreciated

• 2 months later...

As some of you are aware we have appealed our ESA we got turned down back in march, and today we have just getting some papers ie: copy of ESA form, gp report HCP report etc and the letter states we have sent our evidence to the tribunals service, they will get in touch with us as they have made a decision not to change our original decision as of the 3rdseptember 2012, so does anyone know roughly how long we will wait to go to tribunal? and when we will hear of a date, thanks

Hello there.

Mine took about 18 months, but I think I was unlucky. After a couple of mess-ups, my benefits centre put my papers in with the 'dead' filing and denied all knowledge for a while.

I hope you're luckier than that. :)

If you know who's dealing with it at the tribunals service, you could try ringing them to see if they can give you an idea.

Spend the waiting time getting any extra evidence together and picking holes in the Atos report about you.

Have you got anyone helping you, I can't remember?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I waited from Feb to August this year for the hearing it was originally scheduled for October I think they are fast tracking them now to clear the backlogs.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

shazajo:

Ow long's that bit a string?

We've been waiting seventeen months for an incap tribunal so upwards of a year isn't unusual. Doesn't mean you'll have to wait that long. Some areas seem to be clearing employment and support allowance appeals in six to nine months.

Ow long's that bit of string? No idea, and neither have the tribunals service. Get your submission prepared, then live as normal a life as possible until you get a hearing date.

Sincerely, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

Nystagmite

Is that months from the date we got refused ESA or months since we got papers today?, sorry im new to all of this

honeybee13

No we dont have anybody helping us, im representing my other half to which im dreading lol

Thanks everyone for keeping me up to speed, I just wasnt sure if we would get a date in the next 2-3 weeks or if it would be months from us getting the paperwork today, will post back when we hear of a date, as im sure I will have more questions and help

Are we entitled to ask for a copy of hubbys medical records to send in as further medical evidence? I know we will probably have to pay for these but we want the records from his counsellor if this is allowed?, thanks