me & my various benefits

shazajo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is no disability premium on ESA. However, you shouldn't be receiving less due to transitional protection.

Thanks for that,

We are still waiting to hear back from tribunals to see if he has won appeal or not, but before he appealed we were on income support with this premium paid, so I was wondering if he does win do we get this premium backdated? Or just whatever component of group he gets put in backdated? If that makes sense.

I just to be able to work out what is owed if he wins

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no disability premium on ESA ...

Oh yes there is! (Sorry, just getting ready for panto season :D ). I get the Severe Disability Premium which is paid with and as part of my ESA. The eligibility for that is DLA MRC and above, you live alone, and no-one receives Carer's Allowance for you.

On a technical note, because it's paid with my ESA and indistinguishable from my ESA, does that make it a 'disability premium on ESA'? I presume so ...

EDIT: For the record I don't, nor ever have, receive IS.

Oh yes there is! (Sorry, just getting ready for panto season :D ). I get the Severe Disability Premium which is paid with and as part of my ESA. The eligibility for that is DLA MRC and above, you live alone, and no-one receives Carer's Allowance for you.

On a technical note, because it's paid with my ESA and indistinguishable from my ESA, does that make it a 'disability premium on ESA'? I presume so ...

There is something called the disability premium. This is around £30 a week and paid to anyone receiving IS or JSA and receiving DLA (including those whose HRM goes to Motability) or registered blind.

Thanks for clarifying that

Just to point out that hubby only gets low mob and low care so we wouldn't get that premium, I just think its wrong how when we were on income support that we got that £41 DP and now we don't so we are on less now and I thought we would get the same , never mind I suppose that's how the system works

To be fair, it seems far more confusing and complicated than it should be. Depending where you look, I'm right - there are disability premiums with ESA, and Nystagmite's right - there are no disability premiums with ESA.

:Employment n Support Allowance Premiums, or lack thereof:

The work related activity/support components of employment n support include allowances for disability (£28.15 or £34.05) instead of the disability premium. The components are paid in addition to the £71.00 assessment/basic rate.

For employment n suport allowance claimants who're eligible there's four extra premiums;

Enhanced disability

Severe disability

Carer

Pensioner

Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

:shazajo:

You've lost the allowance/premium for disability because, for the moment, Jobcentreplus are treating your husband as fit for work. Should your husband's appeal be upheld at tribunal, the award will be backdated to the date of the disallowance decision.

Margaret.

:shazajo:

Should your husband's appeal be upheld he'll be entitled to extra employment n support allowance of at least £28ish per week and arrears of at least £28ish per week for each week since the disallowance decision.

Will be more if your husband's awarded the support group component or it's a couple claim. And yes, it'll be further complicated cos it'll be a conversion decision.

Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

you get DLA and that £58 on top of your ESA as well?

Yep :whoo:

DLA now pays for my private mental health counseling and soon my psychiatrist!

I'm fecked in 2014 when PIP comes in hopefully my DLA will have paid to fix me by then :madgrin:

DLA 2 years award = security

I couldn't give a monkeys about ESA WRAG or SG as neither has any security :mad2:

you get DLA and that £58 on top of your ESA as well?

Yes. If you get DLA MRC or above, live alone, no-one gets Carer's Allowance for you, then you are eligible for the SDP on ESA. It means that I'm able to buy in help for a few hours a week.

... I couldn't give a monkeys about ESA WRAG or SG as neither has any security :mad2:

I understand completely. DLA has been an absolute Godsend and completely removed the pressure of ESA ...

ok understood, thanks.

Yeah DLA is clearly the better benefit if manage to get it. Especially as it now excempts from the under 35 shared room rule as well. As I also understand it, it adds priority to council housing lists as well?

The shared room rule also applies to us under 35 who receive either rate of mobility or lower care. A right pain - I have a hearing problem and can't live with others. Unless I manage to get MRC, I am forced to live with others.

I got my discretionary payments form today, if I get it its maximum 3 months help, leaves me 12 months to manage until I am 35. I am trying to find ways to make it but as it stands its not looking too viable.

My council apparently did me a favour, they written they could have changed my eligible rent back in january but delayed it 9 months whilst they were considering subsidising it but due to too many budget pressures they couldnt.

• 2 weeks later...

I have got to attend a WFI tomorrow, this is a interview for partners, as my other half claims ESA but is currently awaiting the outcome of his tribunal.

Just wanted to know will the jobcentre be aware that he is currently awaiting his outcome of his esa appeal?

Also is there anything I need to know before I attend tomorrow?

It states on the letter that this is to discuss work now, a training programme or work in the future, so I need to know will I be forced to apply for jobs?

The reason I ask is because I care for my other half full time and if I'm forced to apply for jobs now I don't know how this will affect his health

The partners interview is madatory to atend but you will be offered help and support for the future, you will not be forced to look for work but you do need to aware that there options available to you.

Do you claim carers allowance for your partner?

Well I have been to my WFI but I have a question to ask what is a WCSP I think the lady mentioned this was some sort of programme for carers, she wrote something on the computer about this and now I'm confused, does this mean I have to attend some sort of work programme? I told the lady that I can't go into work at the present time due to caring for my other half

I don't know what WCSP stands for sorry, as you are not in receipt of carers allowance I'm not sure if you are classed as a carer or not so you may be required to attend if it is mandatory, if it's voluntary then don't volunteer for it as it does then become mandatory.