me & my various benefits

shazajo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean by 'appeal money', shazajo? Without re-reading the thread again, I assume you are referring to the assessment rate that is payable whilst waiting for an appeal against failed ESA? £67 and a bit per week plus whatever increase April brings ...

It's £71 in April.

No I meant we havent heard if we are getting anything at all since we handed appeal form in, no letters etc saying we will continue to pay you so we dont know if we are going to get any money next fortnight

Yep still need to the AJCS (customer service appointments) for sending the information about sick notes. There is now a dedicated team within the ESA departments who determine if the sicknote can be accepted at the JCP office and the information is now sent by HOTT to the Benefit Centre and the fit note is then retained in the JCP office for 1 calender month. HOTT is the "Hand Over Telephony Tool"which automatically notes that the Benefit Centre have to contact within 3 hours to discuss with the cistomer what can happen e.g payment to be issued or if the information cannot be accepted etc. It tends to be that the appointment i9s booked where medical evidence has failed to arrive at the correct destination on time and payment is due to be released. If the cutomer arrives at the office and it isn't a duplicate and it is the original certificate the customer will be given an envelope and advised to post in the normal manner (had 2 people come in to the office today and do just that, never realised I could be called so many nanes in such a short space of time but the Benefit Centre said they would refise to action even if it was sent via HOTT).

Also expenses can only be reimbursed for attending appointments that have been prearranged. You can't claim back you bus fare because you have gone to the office to collect an envelope or make an enquiry face to face. If it is a JSA interview then you can only claim back travel expenses if it is an appointment that is not on your normal signing day.

flumps1976

I dont understand any of your post, I only want to know will we get any paperwork etc and information regarding payment, we sent sick note recorded delivery 2 days before our last payment so im not sure as to what happens next

... Also expenses can only be reimbursed for attending appointments that have been prearranged. You can't claim back you bus fare because you have gone to the office to collect an envelope or make an enquiry face to face. ...

Thanks for the clarification, flumps...

... Also expenses can only be reimbursed for attending appointments that have been prearranged. You can't claim back you bus fare because you have gone to the office to collect an envelope or make an enquiry face to face. ...

Thanks for the clarification, flumps...

shazajo, you should get your normal fortnightly payment of the assessment rate ...

sorry I was reply to other post where there appeared to be some clarifcation regarding the sending of documents and claiming back travel costs.

I don't process and have never processed ESA so can't answer your enquiry regarding payment sorry.

Can I just ask does anyone know if we are supposed to get a letter informing us how much appeal money we will get as we havent heard anything, thanks

You should get a letter regarding payments while you appeal, yes. However, it can take a few weeks to process a newly received appeal, so I wouldn't assume that you'll get your payment on the normal day. Of course, provided you keep your sick/fit notes up to date, any late payment will be backdated when it is finally issued.

What happens is that your appeal, once received, is sent to the appeals team at the processing office. They will check that it is "valid" - that is, that is is sent on form GL24 or on a letter stating that it is an appeal, that it's clear what it is you are appealing, and that it is signed. After that, they carry out a reconsideration - this is an internal DWP process in which they will check to see if they can change the decision in your favour without the need for an appeal. If they can, great, the decision will be changed and the appeal won't go ahead. If they stick with the original decision (as they usually do, I'm afraid) then they will forward your appeal to the Tribunal.

All of this takes time, sadly, which is why I say not to expect your payment on time.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

How can people be expected to live on nothing?

It is absolutely terrible the way this government is treating vulnerable people. When will this stop, how many more must die before Joe public realises what is being done in their name?

• 2 weeks later...

Im very worried because we still havent heard anything from DWP and we are due a payment tomorrow, ive got a feeling there will be nothing in bank and we will have to try and get through there high call charge phone line, im fed up

Well I was right no payment in bank this morning, I have just been on the phone and was told there was nothing on the system but they did say you are appealing as it shows that, so now we have to wait for a call back within 3 hours, will hold my breath as I bet they dont call back, how can they put all this extra stress on people.

Now we dont know if we are going to get anything, all the lady on the phone said was I can give you the number for crisis loans, but I told her thats no good it takes a couple of days for the stupid form to come, im so angry as they are quick enough to stop benefit but take weeks to pay you

crisis loan you can do an application over the phone and they pay you the same day.

however the bad news is they still stuck in the 80s and expect you to pick up a giro from the job centre. Which may or may not be a problem for you.

Incidently my complaint to IDS never got replied to, no surprise at all. Suggesting all of everythign happening at the moment with how people are been treated etc. comes all the way from the top.

Well im baffled there no money in bank this morning, then phoned DWP and they said they would release payment and should have it by friday, just been to the bank to check direct debits and they have paid us now, but only £105.95 x2 =£211.90 and they havent paid hubbys disability premiuim and was advised on here that he should still get it and the DWP also confirmed they would pay this, so is this correct? should we have been paid that aswell, thanks

Im waiting for a call back again!, fed up of this back and forth on phone lines, getting excuses from one person and another, I said we are entitled to this disability premium and she said your benefit gets reduced while appealing and I said yes we are on reduced rate but we havent got the premium, so will have to wait for this phone call again

Hi

We are currently appealing ESA as hubby failed medical, we currently owe money to the social fund and were wondering if they still take repayments out of your benefit while appealing?,we did get paid yesterday at the reduced rate but no payment took out for the loan, but this was paid as we were waiting for the delayed payment, so im thinking they havent took it out this time as they paid instantly, if they do still take out the repayments how will we survive?

The DWP deducted social fund loan repayments from me whilst on the assessment rate, I think it is safe to assume that they will do the same to you, don't be misguided as to think that the DWP is concerned about your survival, they're not.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Thanks for letting me know , but how can they take 27 quid per week from us from the 105 we get now? Shocking if they do

I have heard of claimants being left with the minimum of £0.10p after deductions for social fund, utilities, court fines etc. If you owe money that the DWP are obliged to recover they will recover it regardless of your circumstances.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I have heard of claimants being left with the minimum of £0.10p after deductions for social fund, utilities, court fines etc. If you owe money that the DWP are obliged to recover they will recover it regardless of your circumstances.

Well that is really bad, there is a limit for which the law says you need to live on, how can they do this then? In the past when we have had bother they have automatically reduced social fund repayments, just thought they might of had some consideration