me & my various benefits

shazajo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for the info,

I did question the lady as I was watching what she wrote on the computer which was all going fine until I saw the WPSC or whatever it was so I asked her and she said its like a support scheme for carers, she didn't say anything else that's why I'm a bit concerned

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update:

Still no decision from tribunal service and we have just getting a copy of hubbys medical records which the tribunal asked for so we got a copy through the post today.

I hope the tribunal can make sense of these records as I certainly can't, and I hope this helps hubbys appeal.

Just hope we aren't waiting much longer to find out his fate.

Will update when we get some news good or bad

I have recently looked through my medical records, they are confusing, some on computer, some in paper and lets not forget the hospitals records they are something different.

Essentially tho, if some one who has a definate query, that is to say looking for substantiave proof of an ailment or condition can find what where and severity. Different names can be used to describe varying severity of a condition to which a lay person most likely would find hard to follow.

Yes I'm sure that what it was, any ideas to what it means? Do I have to attend etc?

Not getting any Google hits. Perhaps it's specific to your area? It's not a national programme as far as I can establish, so maybe something run by your council or another local organisation.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I suspect you'll need to ask the advisor what they meant by WCSP. If you haven't a clue, why jump to conclusions? Does it have to be about work? Maybe it stands for Welfare Carers Support Package or variants thereof? Absolutely anybodies guess ...

• 4 weeks later...

Query:

Its been 4 weeks since the tribunal obtained gp records for hubbys esa appeal and I was wanting to know if anybody has a rough idea as to how much longer we will wait for a decision? Its a paper hearing by the way which I know the success rate is very poor

Hi as some of you are aware hubby has been waiting to hear from tribunal about his esa appeal which he failed back in feb this year

He has been getting sick notes no problem up until now.

I went to GP surgery this morning to collect his sick note and was told its not been done as he needs to see the doctor first, so I asked why and the reception said she didn't know and has made an appointment for tomorrow.

Am I being over paranoid thinking that he has failed his tribunal and they know about it before we do?

Or is it just routone for the gp wanting to see him before he will issue another sick note?

He has been issued his tablets no problem

Hi as some of you are aware hubby has been waiting to hear from tribunal about his esa appeal which he failed back in feb this year

He has been getting sick notes no problem up until now.

I went to GP surgery this morning to collect his sick note and was told its not been done as he needs to see the doctor first, so I asked why and the reception said she didn't know and has made an appointment for tomorrow.

Am I being over paranoid thinking that he has failed his tribunal and they know about it before we do?

Or is it just routone for the gp wanting to see him before he will issue another sick note?

He has been issued his tablets no problem

I don't think GP's are supposed to write fit notes anymore without seeing the person.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Maybe things have changed then but when hubby first lost his esa the dr said it will be no problem supplying fit notes

Then there should be no problem - he'll just have to see the GP each time to get the fit note.

Thanks for replying, I was just thinking maybe he lost his appeal and the gp heard before we did and didn't issue a fit note, well we will find out tomorrow then

GP's don't get a notification from the the Tribunal about the appeal.

It's not necessary to see your GP every time a new (un)fit note is required, they can write one out after diagnosis / initial examination as and when required. That said, it is not unusual for a GP to want to see the patient at least every now and again for a check up. I would suggest that holding back an (un)fit note is simply a way of saying 'I haven't seen you for a while and I'm missing you'. ...

RaeUK

Thanks for that and your probably right, I was just concerned as we have never had any bother on the past getting one and I'm worried it won't get to the right department in time for christmas as it runs out on the 21st

So hopefully get it tomorrow and get it posted straight off as it takes the dwp at least a week to process

Well we have just getting confirmation from tribunal service it states:

The appeal is refused

Is not entitles to Employment and support allowance

Regulation 29 was considered but found not to apply

So not sure what to do now, should I contact the DWP and ask for me to claim JSA or reclaim ESA

I think JSA as I couldn't put hubby through this viscious circle again

What will happen to our benefit due on the 19th? Will we still get it as its paid in arrears

This is a lovely christmas present to receive so it looks like will not have any income over christmas

Thanks, and I'm not sure if anybody will know this but can I just claim jobseekers? As hubby too ill to work as I've read we will have to make a joint claim

Also my youngest is 15 so will she be classed as a dependant?

I don't want to contact the dwp if they make us do a joint claim so I'm confused at the moment

Hi thanks for getting back to me, yea I've read that but to me it doesn't make much sense.

Anyway I've just getting back from the phonebox after ringing the dwp to see about reclaiming esa until I hget something sorted out.

They say they can't help at present because the old claim is still active until they hear from the tribunal which is fair enough.

So we can't claim again until that claim is closed so after £7.50 on the calls to them he tells me to phone the dep who deals with our claim to see if they've had word.

Did that and they havebt heard either and just said once we hear our claim will stop and no further payments will be made, well I know that but he couldn't tell me whether we will be paid on the 19th we just have to hang fire, well that's great and so close to christmas, I'm so upset at the moment and being charged so much to call them doesn't help

Sorry can I just ask if anyone knows if the dwp have to inform us as to when our last payment for esa will be? Or will it be a case of no money being in the bank then having to do without until we phone them to reclaim esa?

We are due a payment on the 19th and we aren't sure if we will get this, the guy on the phone said if your due a payment then it will be issued today and to call them back on monday to see if its been processed, which will cost us another £7.50 if not more to get through to them