hardcore_alleigh vs halifax ***WON PRE-OFT***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys, new to this but gonna go for it:D

can i just ask which address do i send the S.A.R. to please?

really looking forward to kicking some bank butt:cool:

and which bank do i set a new account with incase i manage to claim money back and they shut my account? any suggestions?

Alleigh vs Halifax - £2213 settled :D

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluecloud

You don't even need the account numbers.

Just say who you are, where you live, any previous addresses used when the account was in use (or even credit card). If you've changed your name, say through marriage, then you'll need proof of the change.

• 2 months later...
right have been without internet access til now :( so now its a new year and im back online to claim back.

cant find the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) form, anyone got a link please?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

I would post recorded delivery, you know for sure then when it has been received, I did this with all mine - although I know not everybody does, some just ask for proof of posting.

If you're posting something important then recorded delivery offers tracking, via the Post Office website. However, you may find that no signature is given as they receive bundles of mail daily. Chances are they sign once for the lot.

Also, if you send to a PO Box address then there's often no receipt for recorded delivery. Worth bearing in mind when you get to offer letters and have to reply to the PO Box in Leeds.

Proof of posting is acceptable by the courts, and is a sight cheaper. You pays your money, you takes your choice.

Your countdown would start a couple of days after posting the item, as this is usually accepted as the date it would be received. Again, the way the courts look at it, not a fact in law.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• 2 weeks later...

right, well bought myself a £10 postal order and attached the SAR letter and sent via 1st class recorded delivery yesterday. 40 days and counting.... :)

managed to open a new account with HSBC last week so im safe, feeling really positive about it all!

Alleigh vs Halifax - £2213 settled :D

Probably best - but I know its frustrating waiting - we all just want our money back. Interesting programme today on radio 4, moneybox, they were talking about bank charges and how the judges are getting fed up with the banks making people file court action with no intention of turning up in court, it seems they want the banks to pay out before or put their money where their mouth is and defend in court.

Hey welcome to the fight,

When you send off you first prelim letter and the LBA do NOT include interest. This only gets put on at the court stage! Use the spreadsheet to list all charges but take off the 8% interest at this stage.. I have saved a spreadsheet with and without interest in case i get to the court stage! Go to the bank templates library and use the Interest calculation sheets! I used the simple excel and removed 8% interest...

I sent my prelim off friday and royal mail said it was delivered saturday! 14 days and counting!:grin:

AtMoSpHeRiC

26/01/2007 = Requested 6 Years Bank Statements.

02/02/2007 = Received statements, charges £1,684.

02/02/2007 = Sent Prelim Letter recorded delivery!

:D

:lol: no worries hun, think we would all like the 8% interest from the off! Makes our claims look a lil fatter lol... In some ways I'm hoping for court lol (sad I know) but I could do with all the dosh I can get lol..

Good luck babes will be watching with interest (scuse the pun!) :D

AtMoSpHeRiC X:rolleyes:

26/01/2007 = Requested 6 Years Bank Statements.

02/02/2007 = Received statements, charges £1,684.

02/02/2007 = Sent Prelim Letter recorded delivery!

:D