style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do what I did.. if you have an E-book reader, or a little media player copy ALL the .pdf documents from the DWP site onto that and keep it with you, so you can have a quick check.

Doesn't half intimidate the pimps when I bring it out and say 'Hang on a second and I'll tell you if that's allowed in your contract' :)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It gets up their nose when I have all the emails I've had from jobhunting, and I can print them from my mobile phone.... I love to rub in the fact that their technology is behind the times and their systems and procedures even more so!

It gets up their nose when I have all the emails I've had from jobhunting, and I can print them from my mobile phone.... I love to rub in the fact that their technology is behind the times and their systems and procedures even more so!

I got told off suggesting they use a computer based system for something instead of paper. I was being helpful!

I got told off suggesting they use a computer based system for something instead of paper. I was being helpful!

... paper documents are much easier to alter or even re-create...plus records on computer can be traced by skilled IT bods. Need I say more?

When you put in a Subject Access Request and they have to provide you with copies of all documents, emails, etc concerning you, I often wonder if a little 'creative editing' goes on...there I go being cynical again! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I informed the JC on March 14 that I was ill, I completed a JSA28. I was due to sign yesterday 4th April, but I am still ill. The JC told me to apply for ESA. I hope I am feeling better soon, hopefully in a week or so.

Can I claim MIR when on ESA as I have been receiving it whilst on JSA?

Also I presume I can claim ESA for a week or so then just go back onto JSA by doing a Rapid Reclaim.

Yes you have got it exactly right :)

you close the JSA and claim ESA and you claim the MIR too and as you have already served the initial waiting period it will be continuous.

Once you GP has signed the fit note to stae that you are fit for work again you close the ESA claim and make the rapid reclaim application online for JSA.

Yes you have got it exactly right :)

you close the JSA and claim ESA and you claim the MIR too and as you have already served the initial waiting period it will be continuous.

Once you GP has signed the fit note to stae that you are fit for work again you close the ESA claim and make the rapid reclaim application online for JSA.

Thanks for your reply. I was just about to go ahead and claim ESA, but then I saw

on the letter I received from the JC it states "If you are still sick after 14 days contact

your local Social Security office to claim Incapacity Benefit"

I'm a bit confused now - did ESA not replace IB?

Have they just forgot to update their letters?

as far as I know nobody can make a new claim for incapacity benefit since esa came in, so maybe its the old letter syndrome

as far as I know nobody can make a new claim for incapacity benefit since esa came in, so maybe its the old letter syndrome

OK, thanks. I've been trying to contact them by phone since Thursday, but the line is constantly busy.

Cheers.

Hi,

I closed my claim for JSA on 3 April as the JC told me I had to claim ESA due to the fact

I've already had 14 days of sickenss and I'm still unwell. I've put in an ESA claim from

4 April. I was attending the Work Programme, am I automatically taken off the Work Programme?

Hi,

I closed my claim for JSA on 3 April as the JC told me I had to claim ESA due to the fact

I've already had 14 days of sickenss and I'm still unwell. I've put in an ESA claim from

4 April. I was attending the Work Programme, am I automatically taken off the Work Programme?

No. You have to tell them. I told them and they still wouldn't leave me alone. Had to get the job centre to sort it out twice.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I signed on for JSA last Thursday after having been on ESA for 4 weeks.

Previous to that I was on JSA.

Last week at the JC I was told to register for Universal Jobmatch.

My question is: Is it Mandatory? I have my second signing-on day this Thursday, if I have not registered and used the Universal Jobmatch site, will my benefits be at risk?

Signing up to Universal Jobmatch is not mandatory unless you have been issued a Jobseeker's Direction - If/when you have been given one, there are ways out:

• (in)ability to use the service - i.e. Lack of computer or broadband service. If you only have a dialup internet service, argue that the cost is prohibited.
  • learning or other health related issues that make using computers difficult.
  • Object to the use of cookies by DWP to track your use of the site.
  • Objections to the terms and conditions associated with the site - i.e. Sharing of personal data with unnamed parties, failure to acknowledge liability should data be misused, and risk of identity theft.
  • You already use other job search sites, and the DWP one adds little, if anything of value to your existing activities.
  • Registering with the UJ is not a prerequisite for claiming JSA.

Guidance documents issued by both the PCS union and the DWP all state that signing up for Universal Jobmatch is not compulsory - However, DWP staff are encouraged to push claimants in to using it if it is appropriate in the claimant's circumstances.

Should the adviser mandate you to sign up and insist that you give them access, get it all in writing - You then have grounds for rejecting the notice as DWP have issued clear instructions that granting access is not something that can be mandated.

Edited by Mr.P

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

If you want to have a read of the DWP manual, have a look at https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/access_to_universal_jobmatch_by - Make notes (or print out the entire document), and you can watch the adviser squirm as you refer him/her to the chapter & verse they should be reading from.

Be careful though - You could be branded a trouble maker or, like me, a grumpy old b'stard (a reputation I have every intention of living up to).

If you want to have a read of the DWP manual, have a look at https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/access_to_universal_jobmatch_by - Make notes (or print out the entire document), and you can watch the adviser squirm as you refer him/her to the chapter & verse they should be reading from.

Be careful though - You could be branded a trouble maker or, like me, a grumpy old b'stard (a reputation I have every intention of living up to).

Thanks - I'm in the grumpy old b'stard club as well lol

I'll get reading

Cheers - much appreciated !!

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I had my initial appointment on Monday 7 April, to start my claim for JSA.

I signed a Claimant Commitment that includes as one of my actions that I will create a Universal Jobmatch account by 11 April.

I've not yet created a Universal Jobmatch account, will my JSA be in danger of being sanctioned because I have not yet done that?

Thanks

Terry

With the recent disclosure of the heartbleed bug, it is prudent to wait for critical patches to be made available before uploading sensitive personal data to untrusted servers :mmph:

It also takes time to craft a job winning CV that would attract that lucrative and elusive employer.

Not everyone has constant access to a reliable broadband connection that is working 24/7 - Even the most reliable of service providers have to conduct routine maintenance from time to time (the likes of TalkTalk can be out of action for a week or more).

If you have been mandated to create a UJM account by the 11th, then you are at risk of a sanction - Best to do it this evening with three recommendations:

• Do not tick the "allow access" boxes - To do so is a fast track to a sanction as they can monitor your activity in detail.
  • Put the minimum of information in your CV.
  • Save your CV as an image file and then convert it to a PDF - Makes it much more difficult for someone to tamper with it.

With that said, you've been through the Work Programme and have had dealings with the JCP - A little surprised that you haven't had to create a UJM account before....