style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On another issue, the course is on Friday and I am unwell (honestly I'm not trying to get out of attending!) what do I need to do, just call them and say I'm unwell? The letter I had for the initial pre-screening for entry onto the course states it's Mandatory and I do not want a sanction if I cannot attend?

I have a Doctor's appointment tomorrow morning.

Unless your on your last legs they will expect you to attend the course, and if they are on your last legs they will expect you to sign on the sick, this happened to a friend of mine :shock:

Unless your on your last legs they will expect you to attend the course, and if they are on your last legs they will expect you to sign on the sick, this happened to a friend of mine :shock:

So how does one sign on the sick when claiming JSA, it's not something I've ever done?

So how does one sign on the sick when claiming JSA, it's not something I've ever done?

For a short term illness of less than 14 days, you would need to inform the Jobcentre and complete form JSA28. This would exempt you from normal JSA requirements, but you can only do this twice per year. If you are sick for longer or more often, you would probably be advised to claim ESA.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

For a short term illness of less than 14 days, you would need to inform the Jobcentre and complete form JSA28. This would exempt you from normal JSA requirements, but you can only do this twice per year. If you are sick for longer or more often, you would probably be advised to claim ESA.

OK, thanks for the reply.

How does ESA work, is it less or more than JSA?

Not quite sure what you mean. Are you asking about the amounts people might receive, or how it operates with the Work Programme?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Well, at first ESA rates are the same as JSA - that's the first part of the claim known as the Assessment Phase. After the claimant has been assessed, they may be placed into either the WRAG or the Support Group if they are found to be unfit for work. If and when this happens, they receive an extra amount each week, around £25 to £30 or so.

With regards to the WP, some ESA claimants can be required to participate, but the terms are a bit different. For example, they can't be mandated to apply for work. Those in the Support Group are not required to take part in the WP, but can do so voluntarily if they're crazy enough to want to.

Well, at first ESA rates are the same as JSA - that's the first part of the claim known as the Assessment Phase. After the claimant has been assessed, they may be placed into either the WRAG or the Support Group if they are found to be unfit for work. If and when this happens, they receive an extra amount each week, around £25 to £30 or so.

With regards to the WP, some ESA claimants can be required to participate, but the terms are a bit different. For example, they can't be mandated to apply for work. Those in the Support Group are not required to take part in the WP, but can do so voluntarily if they're crazy enough to want to.

Thank you

:lol: I was asked if I wanted to take part. I declined.

Hi,

I'm on the work program and currently claiming sickness for 14 days (gave jobcentre a JSA28) so I don't currently have to sign on or look for work.

I have my regular 2 week jobsearch appointment scheduled at Ingeus tomorrow

and a pre-screening workshop on Friday for a course they are trying to put me on.

Do I have to tell Ingeus I am unavailable due to sickness or can I just let the numptys

there send off an entiltlement doubt to DWP - I'd prefer not to speak to them.

Or if I dont tell them am I just shooting myself in the foot ?

Also, I want to change Adviser - I don't like how my current one is treating me,

if I send a letter to Ingeus will they be open to changing my adviser or not?

T

I don't know about changing you advisor at Ingenue sorry it won't hurt to ask.

You should advise them that you have declare a period of sickness so that is on your record as yes they will automatically refer to DMA for a possible sanction even though the JCP have received the JSA28.

I don't know about changing you advisor at Ingenue sorry it won't hurt to ask.

You should advise them that you have declare a period of sickness so that is on your record as yes they will automatically refer to DMA for a possible sanction even though the JCP have received the JSA28.

OK thanks for your reply.

Much appreciated

yes ring them in the morning, my daughter had to do this, it just covers any mis-understandings. my daughter felt they couldn't help her at seetec and managed to get sent back to jobcentre, she is much happier with her advisor there (so far).

My adviser is okay, and I let him know I was on sickness, got to go to the clinic tomorrow about my dodgy right hand, so might be even longer than 14 days.....

I let the jobcentre know and let the Seetec lot know - so there can be no excuse.

I have actually applied for a couple of jobs as one rather nice one was texted to me - fairly local and not involving typing all day long.

It depends, I gave my adviser the form from my GP which said I was unfit for work and he has cancelled the two appointments I had with them this week.

I've got an interview to go to on Wednesday and am hoping that they will cover me for fares again, they gave me £9 last time.

I also gave my sick note to the DWP the day after I got it to cover myself, need to ring them up today to check that it has been processed as they said - I can't see the sickness going on longer now they have sorted out the pain problem.

Got a lot of ringing around to do today to chase people and check things!

When my daughter had chest infection, and meds from GP, she advised JC of this, her appointment for that week was cancelled with them and she didn't have to attend or do job searches etc, she was classed as sick. Sick is sick, cant see how ingeus can handle sick any other way than the JC? if they are advised and there is back up/proof they need to back off surely?

In my case, they wanted a copy of my fit note, which said I was signed off for one month. I'd gone away 4 weeks later and woke up to discover that someone had tried to call me, called home and had left a message on my phone to say I have an appointment at 9 the following morning.

They don't waste their time. My fit note clearly said 2nd July - 2nd August. Not 2nd July - July 30th. That was how I & DWP interpreted it as.

They are vexatious aren't they? If a sick/fit note says specific dates...then those dates are covered and they shouldn't be ringing beforehand? if you don't become fit until the 2nd August then that is when they should contact surely, on the 2nd and not before.

My fit note didn't have an end date written on it. It just said one month, which it seems that everyone else apart from the work programme took as to be until August 2nd.

I am also sure they have to give you a certain amount of notice (I think it's 48 hours) for an appointment.

The job centre weren't happy about this either and had to have a word with them a few times about harassing me.

My fit note didn't have an end date written on it. It just said one month, which it seems that everyone else apart from the work programme took as to be until August 2nd.

I am also sure they have to give you a certain amount of notice (I think it's 48 hours) for an appointment.

The job centre weren't happy about this either and had to have a word with them a few times about harassing me.

I've posted this in the main Ingeus thread (can't remember the post number), but to re-state it briefly, the WP has to make ALL mandatory appointments in writing and either hand them to you or, if posted, allow 2 working days to pass before you're deemed to receive it. So if they post it on Monday night, you're not deemed to have even got it until Wednesday, and they shouldn't have you in on the day it arrives in case the post is late so that would make it Thursday at the least.

As for telephone mandatory appointments - this is absolutely not allowed, neither is any other form of electronic communication. All clearly stated in the .pdf on 'Mandation', on the DWP website:

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/supplying-dwp/what-we-buy/welfare-to-work-services/provider-guidance/work-programme-provider.shtml

WP can use the phone to remind you of an appointment or to ask if you'd like to come in (to which you can say 'no' as it isn't a mandatory instruction).

If it's mandatory - you need a letter and at least 2 days warning. DWP rules :)

• Haha 1