Education: The laws around money

verkai
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, i'm not sure if this is a little off topic or not, I was wondering if anyone knew of any UK based courses on the laws around money, a degree, A level, what ever is needed.

To perhaps shed a little light on my situation, I've been studying psychology for about six years now (23YO) I only learnt so that I could gain the skills to interact with and influence others around me, which seems to be working.

I am about to start a PHD in hypnotherapy to help refine the skills I've gained, to go along with it.

However i'm absolutely terrible with money, although my debts aren't large, I still have those annoying phone calls and threats of court proceedings. When I am on the phone to said people, I know that they are lying to me about stuff, but because I don't have a specific knowledge in the laws around money I fail to get anywhere, for instance adding on interest to a frozen account etc...

I've been racking my brains searching through page after page in google, but there doesn't seem to be any courses, any help is appreciated. Thank you.

hi there, thanks for your reply, I had to go to work so this is the first chance I've had to come back.

I will take a look into those links, thank you for your help.

Learning how to setup spreadsheets can be great fun and doing one for your budget so satisfying. It will help you account for every penny coming in and going out and if you make it sophisticated enough, you can get forecasts of how things will be in the future based on income and expenditure.

coursera starts a fee course on personal financial planning on the 14th jan

its american tho not sure how useful it would be

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: