ESA to Carers Allowance to JSA?

pinklisar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I am really struggling at the moment and could really do with some advice on what to do next.

I was on ESA for for a couple of years due to bad depression and anxiety. As I was in the support group on contribution based ESA my money was stopped in April, I couldn't afford to live on nothing so became a carer for my nana and receive carers allowance for this (my uncle, who was her carer died in April). I have been really struggling recently with my depression and am finding it so difficult to continue to be a carer for my nana. There are so many family issues which formed part of my depression and anxiety in the first place going on and I feel myself falling back into the pit I was in not so long ago.

I am thinking for my health it might be best to give up being a carer but my issue is finances. I know I won't get any money from ESA since the new rules came in, I have been looking for a job but have been struggling to find anything, would I get any money on Job Seekers? I know you only get money on JSA for six months so will my previous benefit history (ESA) be taken into account?

What support would I get on JSA for my depression and help returning to work? I don't seem to be getting any support at the minute.

I do live with my partner who works but aren't really in a position for him to support me

Thank you

Lisa

Pinklisar

:p:razz: