style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Surgical gloves? Hope they are not rubber. I am allergic to latex!

Non compliance will not be tolerated, you are just placing stumbling blocks in the way of gainful employment. You will comply, resistance is futile.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joeski - when I registered with UJ I had to give an email address and I now think that THIS is actually the 'Gateway Account' - just an address they can contact you at. My advisor asked for this address to check I'd registered with UJ, so I'm pretty sure this is what it is - God knows why they give it such a fancy name.

Just do what I did and create a brand new email address first and use this when you register with UJ, and give it to your advisor.

Joeski - when I registered with UJ I had to give an email address and I now think that THIS is actually the 'Gateway Account' - just an address they can contact you at. My advisor asked for this address to check I'd registered with UJ, so I'm pretty sure this is what it is - God knows why they give it such a fancy name.

Just do what I did and create a brand new email address first and use this when you register with UJ, and give it to your advisor.

i've already set up the email, if you don't tick the box that allows them access does that mean they won't be able to access your account at all?

i've already set up the email, if you don't tick the box that allows them access does that mean they won't be able to access your account at all?

No.... When you create an account, part of the Terms and Conditions which are mandatory relates to the stature of the Monster Corporation as the operator of UJ, as a Data Processor, and in the same way that JCP can relay data on a candidate to Work Programme Providers without the need to secure approval from the candidate, so the Monster Corporation may distribute all data contained within UJ to any party deemed authorised by the Minister of State.

In any event, there is currently no legislative enabler which may compel a candidate, even through a Job Seekers Agreement, to divulge any information on their UJ Account.

No.... When you create an account, part of the Terms and Conditions which are mandatory relates to the stature of the Monster Corporation as the operator of UJ, as a Data Processor, and in the same way that JCP can relay data on a candidate to Work Programme Providers without the need to secure approval from the candidate, so the Monster Corporation may distribute all data contained within UJ to any party deemed authorised by the Minister of State.

In any event, there is currently no legislative enabler which may compel a candidate, even through a Job Seekers Agreement, to divulge any information on their UJ Account.

oh great so they can still see everything on your account then :(

oh great so they can still see everything on your account then :(

Agreed....although FLA's within JCP may not appreciate this fact, and some may naively believe that they have to coerce candidates to i) check the "give DWP Access to accounts" box, ii) divulge information on the account.However, it remains the case that, if/when candidates create a UJ Accounnt, they enter into a legally binding agreement (enforced within the courts in England and Wales) whereby (again - one of the Terms and Conditions), the candidate agrees not to divulge any information on their account.

Agreed....although FLA's within JCP may not appreciate this fact, and some may naively believe that they have to coerce candidates to i) check the "give DWP Access to accounts" box, ii) divulge information on the account.However, it remains the case that, if/when candidates create a UJ Accounnt, they enter into a legally binding agreement (enforced within the courts in England and Wales) whereby (again - one of the Terms and Conditions), the candidate agrees not to divulge any information on their account.

i'm only signing up to keep the sub provider happy, once ive signed up to i have to use UJM?

i'm only signing up to keep the sub provider happy, once ive signed up to i have to use UJM?

The only party who can compel a job seeker to sign up to UJ is JCP through a Job Seekers Direction - even then, this could only lead to i) creation of an account, ii) creation of a profile, iii) uploading a CV, iv) making the CV searchable.

If Job Centre Plus require you to use UJ, then it should be sufficient for you to i) identify Job Leads from UJ, ii) apply for specific vacancies, and iii) provide the information within your own Job Diary.

The only party who can compel a job seeker to sign up to UJ is JCP through a Job Seekers Direction - even then, this could only lead to i) creation of an account, ii) creation of a profile, iii) uploading a CV, iv) making the CV searchable.

If Job Centre Plus require you to use UJ, then it should be sufficient for you to i) identify Job Leads from UJ, ii) apply for specific vacancies, and iii) provide the information within your own Job Diary.

so now i'm signed up to UJM i don't actually have to use it?

Universal Jobmatch Judicial Review

A case has been submitted to court seeking Judicial Review regarding mandatory registration of UJ.

Story http://unemploymentmovement.com/forum/sheild/6298-universal-jobmatch-judicial-review

Does consent mean ticking a box? http://www.ico.org.uk/for_organisations/privacy_and_electronic_communications/consent

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Following a link from that story, we find that Brixton JC is mandating claimants to not only create a UJ account and also grant access (see: a4e2aande) - This is in direct contravention of the advice given in the UJ Toolkit manual (chapter 3, para 52).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

whenever i go to ingeus or the sub provider there are always people sitting with there advisors and on the computer screen is UJM, also once i heard one of the advisors say to the person they were seeing "enter your password".

i take it if you leave the box that allows the DWP to view to account unticked then the advisors wouldn't be allowed to view your UJM account like that?

PROBLEMS LOGGING IN

I've just applied for a job from UJM, the job ad had an email. I wanted to log the application in the activity page. Can't log in the link had a runtime Error every time I try to log in! Tried going through login search page on google. Anyone else try their end for me see if you get the same? Pretty please!

Print out a screenshot of the problem page and file it with your written jobsearch record - When your JCP adviser asks for "evidence", present the bundle. Don't put your trust in any computer system to be online and available 24/7.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

It is possible to use UJM without registering or having a CV on there:

Search from here:

https://www.gov.uk/jobsearch

It seems to me that a lot of the jobs are scraped from other jobsites so anything suitable found on the UJM site can be applied for from the original site thus not leaving evidence on the UJM site.

Bakatcha

Spooky you read my mind, I was debating whether to put this on the thread before. To me this shows you a massive drop in actual employers approaching UJM to manually put jobs on it-wonder why. Is CV Library contracted to them or are UJM scooping them off the site just to fill the blanks?

Bakatcha

Spooky you read my mind, I was debating whether to put this on the thread before. To me this shows you a massive drop in actual employers approaching UJM to manually put jobs on it-wonder why. Is CV Library contracted to them or are UJM scooping them off the site just to fill the blanks?

I suspect that UJM simply scrape the job leads from CV Library.... it would be bad form for CV Library Administrators to post Job Leads on UJM, but fail to remove them when the leads are no longer live.

I've thought that too. CV Library don't need to use UJ at all, their site is far better and probably much more frequented (and trusted) than UJ.

Even if a JS Direction is issued re UJ, it only tells you to create an account and upload a CV - there's nothing to say you actually have to use the thing. I wouldn't ever trust UJ to record my 'jobsearch activity', which is why I'll apply via CV-Library themselves and receive an instant acknowledgement email of my application as proof I applied. It's still using UJ to find vacancies...just not in the way the DWP want.

I still want to know how JC clerks are going to find the time to even look at people's UJ accounts, let alone offer them 'help and advice'.

I've thought that too. CV Library don't need to use UJ at all, their site is far better and probably much more frequented (and trusted) than UJ.

Even if a JS Direction is issued re UJ, it only tells you to create an account and upload a CV - there's nothing to say you actually have to use the thing. I wouldn't ever trust UJ to record my 'jobsearch activity', which is why I'll apply via CV-Library themselves and receive an instant acknowledgement email of my application as proof I applied. It's still using UJ to find vacancies...just not in the way the DWP want.

I still want to know how JC clerks are going to find the time to even look at people's UJ accounts, let alone offer them 'help and advice'.

Although I have never been issued a Job Seekers Direction to create an account for UJ, the most that I have seen it specify is, as mentioned, to create an account and upload a CV, but also to create a profile and make that CV searchable. It depends on the FLA within JCP as to the scope of the JSD, and from what I have seen, some even attempt to break the law and stipulate that candidates must check the box and allow JCP to access the UJ Account, or even suggest that an email address is necessary to attach to a JCP Claimant Record.

Edited by RebeccaPidgeon
Additional Information Submitted