style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wrote to CV Library for clarification if they are indeed working in collaboration with UJM. I received this reply below..

Hi XX XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting CV-Library,

The Universal Job Match display our job vacancies, along with many other 3rd party sources within their job search results.

The purpose of Universal Job Match is to help candidates find employment. Including live job vacancies from a variety of sources to provide their candidates with a greater number of opportunities.

Kind regards,

Natasha Allan

Administrator

http://www.cv-library.co.uk

n.allan@cv-library.co.uk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrote to CV Library for clarification if they are indeed working in collaboration with UJM. I received this reply below..

Hi XX XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting CV-Library,

The Universal Job Match display our job vacancies, along with many other 3rd party sources within their job search results.

The purpose of Universal Job Match is to help candidates find employment. Including live job vacancies from a variety of sources to provide their candidates with a greater number of opportunities.

Kind regards,

Natasha Allan

Administrator

http://www.cv-library.co.uk

n.allan@cv-library.co.uk

Plausible Deniability.....they may allow Universal Job Match to display CV Library vacancies, but may not. If they do not, CV Library does not wish to remove a potentially viable traffic feed by instigating legal action against the Monster Corporation (operating Universal Job Match on behalf of the DWP) which compels them to stop trawling CV Library for Job leads, and porting the information on UJ.

can a WP provider or sub provider mandate you to attend one of these job fair things?

Yes, IF they use the appropriate wording in full - You can also demand travel expenses refunded in full, and if they don't cough up, pen a few letters of complaint to the DWP.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Yes, IF they use the appropriate wording in full - You can also demand travel expenses refunded in full, and if they don't cough up, pen a few letters of complaint to the DWP.

well i was asked if i was going to one and i said i may do, is mandation possible?

Edited by joeski

Plausible Deniability.....they may allow Universal Job Match to display CV Library vacancies, but may not. If they do not, CV Library does not wish to remove a potentially viable traffic feed by instigating legal action against the Monster Corporation (operating Universal Job Match on behalf of the DWP) which compels them to stop trawling CV Library for Job leads, and porting the information on UJ.

Scraping text fron other websites is not illegal, if the originating site allows scraping. And it's very easy to do with a simple php/perl script. Even I could do it.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Regarding job fairs, the few I've been on are a total waste of time; there are few (if any) actual vacancies, just endless invitations to leave cv's.

Last one I was at, I had a quick walk round the entire venue - just so I could truthfully say I saw everything - found there were no real vacancies on offer so went to the Jobcentre stand and got them to give me a signed compliments slip saying I'd attended the fair. Confirmation by their own fair hand - nobody can argue with that :).

Most large venues have drinking establishments close by so that was my next port of call to kill an hour before heading back to claim my bus fare.

All a waste of time and pure window dressing.

Regarding job fairs, the few I've been on are a total waste of time; there are few (if any) actual vacancies, just endless invitations to leave cv's.

Last one I was at, I had a quick walk round the entire venue - just so I could truthfully say I saw everything - found there were no real vacancies on offer so went to the Jobcentre stand and got them to give me a signed compliments slip saying I'd attended the fair. Confirmation by their own fair hand - nobody can argue with that :).

Most large venues have drinking establishments close by so that was my next port of call to kill an hour before heading back to claim my bus fare.

thats sounds like a proper waste of time, time that could be spend applying for real vacancies, sending out spec letters and cold calling companies.

Your experience sounds similar to mine

But the local ones also have the local [pejorative word removed] touting for business

Edited by honeybee13

I'm convinced that most of the companies at these jobs fairs are only attending because they get some sort of payment/grant/reduction from someone, probably Local Authority. They certainly aren't there to offer concrete, existing vacancies. Go there and you're really just doing a spec CV handout session, no different than walking the streets and going into shops and offices.

..only possible benefit is that it's indoors, warm and dry.

I'm convinced that most of the companies at these jobs fairs are only attending because they get some sort of payment/grant/reduction from someone, probably Local Authority. They certainly aren't there to offer concrete, existing vacancies. Go there and you're really just doing a spec CV handout session, no different than walking the streets and going into shops and offices.

..only possible benefit is that it's indoors, warm and dry.

Most companies attend as part of their Marketing Activity .... to promote themselves to other companies, make themselves known, and if by some quirk of fate some candidate approaches, to spend some time with them. After all, the candidate could become a major employee, and may have to sign a contract. However, I doubt whether anyone with real authority attends any Jobs Fair - a job is not going to be offered on the spot, an interview is not going to be arranged, and either candidates will be invited to collect and return an application form, or send a CV in.

Otherwise, for the job seekers, such events are an exercise in futility.

My advisor informed me today that because I am only one of a tiny minority of his "clients" who have NOT signed the waiver re: giving them access to my UJM account, if I don't sign off JSA onto NEA within the next weeks, my JSAg will revert back to the usual and I will be mandated to go into the their office and physically log onto my UJM account to evidence that I have one! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, "such power" ......... I've opened an account - but have lost the password - have never used it, etc. etc.

Let's hope my business plan gets signed off and I won't have to worry about JSA anymore!!

Imp :-)

P.S. Did make me smile though

My advisor informed me today that because I am only one of a tiny minority of his "clients" who have NOT signed the waiver re: giving them access to my UJM account, if I don't sign off JSA onto NEA within the next weeks, my JSAg will revert back to the usual and I will be mandated to go into the their office and physically log onto my UJM account to evidence that I have one! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, "such power" ......... I've opened an account - but have lost the password - have never used it, etc. etc.

Let's hope my business plan gets signed off and I won't have to worry about JSA anymore!!

OMG..... Clearly some Welfare To Work Clerks exhibit Delusions of Grandieur.

Never Fear.... although, when you created a UJ Account, you entered into a legally binding agreement with the Monster Corporation, which can be enforced within the Courts of England and Wales, wherethrough you agreed that you would not disclose ANY Account Details (such as Username, Password), you could not possibly divulge such information on your account. However, the Monster Corporation (operating the system on behalf of the DWP) are compelled to distribute the Personal Data contained in the system to all and sundry according to the direction of the Minister of State - who is clearly concerned with implementing Universal Credit at a snails pace, and blaming the Works and Pensions Select Committee for his blatant incompetence. During the Select Committee Hearing (July 10), he also suggested that Universal Job Match was successfully implemented.

EARTH CALLING......

Back to UJ .... if the W2W Clerk (within JCP or elsewhere) wishes to confirm that you have set up an account, they can easily implement a search according to your name.

what a load of sh!t, i think your advisor needs slapping down!

OMG..... Clearly some Welfare To Work Clerks exhibit Delusions of Grandieur.

Never Fear.... although, when you created a UJ Account, you entered into a legally binding agreement with the Monster Corporation, which can be enforced within the Courts of England and Wales, wherethrough you agreed that you would not disclose ANY Account Details (such as Username, Password), you could not possibly divulge such information on your account. However, the Monster Corporation (operating the system on behalf of the DWP) are compelled to distribute the Personal Data contained in the system to all and sundry according to the direction of the Minister of State - who is clearly concerned with implementing Universal Credit at a snails pace, and blaming the Works and Pensions Select Committee for his blatant incompetence. During the Select Committee Hearing (July 10), he also suggested that Universal Job Match was successfully implemented.

EARTH CALLING......

Back to UJ .... if the W2W Clerk (within JCP or elsewhere) wishes to confirm that you have set up an account, they can easily implement a search according to your name.

It was my personal advisor at the Knob Centre ... he said,, sorry but my manager has asked me do this.

When I first declined to give them my account details, he physically logged onto UJM and searched for my name - I just nodded and smiled. He said there was a couple of names like mine but he couldn't identify which one was mine. Neither could I!!! I wasn't silly enough to use my real name when setting up the account name.

Just wondering now whether they can actually mandate me to log in and show them my account.

Just wondering now whether they can actually mandate me to log in and show them my account.

If they do, get it in writing first and then ask for a DM review. It would have to be done at an Internet Access Device, and not on their desktop computer. The latter would be a serious breach of DWP IT protocols (and should be reported immediately), the former, you should be wary of "shoulder surfers". i.e. people looking over your shoulder to see your login & password as you press the keys.

Also worth reading the UJ Toolkit manual so that you know what the adviser should be doing and what they can not do.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

It was my personal advisor at the Knob Centre ... he said,, sorry but my manager has asked me do this.

When I first declined to give them my account details, he physically logged onto UJM and searched for my name - I just nodded and smiled. He said there was a couple of names like mine but he couldn't identify which one was mine. Neither could I!!! I wasn't silly enough to use my real name when setting up the account name.

They shouldn't have to 'require' you to show them you've actually created an account, because according to Chapter 3 of the Universal Jobmatch blurb, the fact that they've checked and received a message that you haven't allowed them permission is proof that you indeed have created an account!. Here's their own words which you may like to show them (important bit underlined)

Claimant has not given DWP access to their account

11. If the claimant has not given DWP permission to access their account your search will open a page that returns a message which says, “User has not provided permissions to access account.” This also confirms that the claimant has completed their profile and therefore has created an account.

Use their own guidelines against them :)

Become an MP? It's the only non-job I can think of.

good idea, now i've just gotta find myself a rich wife scrounge of her and lie on my c/v..then go on lying about everything and throw tantrums when things don't go my way haha xD

good idea, now i've just gotta find myself a rich wife scrounge of her and lie on my c/v..then go on lying about everything and throw tantrums when things don't go my way haha xD

Excellent! You are clearly cut out for this kind of shenanigans.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Excellent! You are clearly cut out for this kind of shenanigans.

haha now where shall i say i was educated?! pick a university, any university xD but no seriously i wouldn't want to live a lie, when i get a job i want it to be through my own effort and determination..i want to proudly say i got where i am today by hard work and never giving up. i don't want to lie to succeed and become a sad hated loner like IDS.

Theft, fraud. prostitution.

You've summed up the finance industry. (Apologies to prostitutes for comparing them with bankers)

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"