Thinking about using Ryanair?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4298 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all! I'm not on line at the moment, but managed to get a bit of signal to post this.

I have this weekend had to use the airline that is called Ryanair.

Yes, it's cheap, but not that cheap. But I suppose the presence of this airline does help keep prices down.

There ends the positives.

Using this bunch of (insert expletives of your choice) has made me feel how cattle or sheep must feel when being moved through a factory environment. It really is the worst possible experience I can imagine you could have with flying short of being killed or having terrorists take over the plane.

Ok, let's look at some of the reasons for my tirade.

1. There is no allocated seating. This means that if you are not near the front of the queue there is a real possibility of not sitting next to the person/children/granny you are travelling with. Result? Pushing, running (yes- in these days of health and safety,

Hello all! I'm not on line at the moment, but managed to get a bit of signal to post this.

Yes, it's cheap, but not that cheap. But I suppose the presence of this airline does help keep prices down.

Using this bunch of (insert expletives of your choice) has made me feel how cattle or sheep must feel when being moved through a factory environment. It really is the worst possible experience I can imagine you could have with flying short of being killed or having terrorists take over the plane.

1. There is no allocated seating. This means that if you are not near the front of the queue there is a real possibility of not sitting next to the person/children/granny you are travelling with. Result? Pushing, running (yes- in these days of health and safety,

I assume you lost signal?

Poor you HSBC, I really feel for you! I've not personally had any experience with Ryan Air, however I do know people who have! They are renowned for poor service, and lots of hidden charges.

If you have ever watched Lee Evans' clip of the "sheep" at the airport, I think that's a perfect description of Ryan Airs experience.

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

1. There is no allocated seating. This means that if you are not near the front of the queue there is a real possibility of not sitting next to the person/children/granny you are travelling with. Result? Pushing, running (yes- in these days of health and safety, People running on the runway- is that why it's called a runway I wonder) and all sorts of unpleasantness.

2. You can't take anything but a tiny bag that weighs less than about 3 grams. Also, anything that's not accepted as hand luggage goes in the hold at enormous expense. Result? People ramming stuff in bags, moving it between bags etc etc, only to return the stuff to the original bags when boarding. However, for some reason the Gestapo whilst rigoursly resisting anything bigger than tinkerbells purse, they at times let bags the size of a hot air balloon through. Result? People who stick to the rules and bring a bag of the right size get their bags removed from the locker, and thrown on their laps so the big bags can be shoved in the locker.

3. Flight attendants who don't give a toss. Result- when said people complain about having bag thrown on lap ( meaning they couldn't escape in case of emergency) they get scorned - "you knew what you were signing up for when booking - read the small print, it's your fault"

4. Flight attendants who like selling you stuff. Enough said.

5. Flight attendants who don't give a toss. (have I mentioned this before?) who play silly games as to which door you can exit from and seem to enjoy watching people, some elderly, struggle in confusion- and to a person attend some sort of not-talking-to-you-or -even- look-you-in-the-the-eye professional classes.

6. A pilot that was trained by a monkey, or was possibly a trained monkey. I'm not sure. Landing/flying was a crude point-and-go sort of affair. Random sideways movements whilst landing on a calm summer evening. Result- you can imagine.

If you have not used them- be warned. I won't be using them ever again

If you have used them, and intend doing so again, good luck to you :D

You did lose signal :lol:

I posted on your other thread, so will copy it here! You do make me laugh :lol:

Poor you HSBClink3.gif, I really feel for you! I've not personally had any experience with Ryan Air, however I do know people who have! They are renowned for poor service, and lots of hidden charges.

If you have ever watched Lee Evans' clip of the "sheep" at the airportlink3.gif, I think that's a perfect description of Ryan Airs experience.

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

Too funny :lol:

I really do feel for you HSBC, but have you ever thought about taking up writing for a living? Most of you posts have me giggling, but this one has had me lmfaooooo!!!!

No hidden charges. The price you see is the price you pay. Before adding the hidden hidden charges of course. The ones you pay for extras. Things Like using your bank card. Or breathing air.

And not forgetting of course the priority "Q". Think of all that ink they saved in not having to print all the other letters "ueue" in all those city airports that are a mere 3 hour bus journey from the city centre. Must be literally into the thousands of euro pennies.

With Ryanair you are either priority scumbags or scumbags.

Priority fodder get slightly better bad service. Like being let onto the boarding bus first, then allowing everyone else on afterwards so they can still enjoy the "run" way experience with the rest. All for a measly £5 each, each way.

All we needed was a bolt gun at the end of it all and the abboitoir experience would be complete- cow eyes and all.

My OH uses Ryanair regularly because they're the only airline going to the area he needs to go to. Believe me, if there was anyone else he'd fly with them.

He wouldn't disagree with anything you say. They are usually punctual though.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Indeed. It appears that ryanair has gained a monopoly on several areas and are the only choice- and I had this conversation with other victim- sorry customers while waiting in the pen. If the place I'm going is only served by Ryanair then I'm driving, taking a train or not going there.

I'll do something more enjoyable. Like stick red hot pokers in my eyes or insert my tongue into a shredder.

Edited by HSBCrusher

My OH uses Ryanair regularly because they're the only airline going to the area he needs to go to. Believe me, if there was anyone else he'd fly with them.

He wouldn't disagree with anything you say. They are usually punctual though.

My best, HB

An airline that's punctual? Perhaps that's why they think they can get away with the bad service :lol:

Long time no see HB, I hope you're well? :hug:

Poor you HSBC, I really feel for you! I've not personally had any experience with Ryan Air, however I do know people who have! They are renowned for poor service, and lots of hidden charges.

If you have ever watched Lee Evans' clip of the "sheep" at the airport, I think that's a perfect description of Ryan Airs experience.

If you've had no experience of Ryanair, how can you be in any position to judge what is a perfect description of the Ryan Airs (sic) experience?

Edited by citizenB

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Yes they are fairly punctual. And when they do land on time (with one wing hanging off after the monkey tried to land it upsideown) they play a trumpet over the tannoy

"ta-da! We made it on time and you are still alive!"

You couldn't make it up.

Well, I did make up the "alive" bit. But you do get a " ta-da!"

Threads merged as requested :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you DW, I'm fine. I just don't stray onto this forum very often. I hope you're well too. :)

HB

I'm good thank you HB, thank you for asking :-)

Well to do that, you have to follow normal, civilised and intelligent rules - like justifying the posts you've made. To do otherwise causes annoyance. A great deal of it.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

confused.gif.

HB

No need for you to be confused HB. I think you understand. You make a statement, somebody questions that, you answer. Simple. Normally.

After Ryanair cancelled our flight a few years ago while down in East Midlands, costing us an extra £300 to fly the next day with an alternate airline

or we would loose our hotel which was paid separately.

My wife booked again with Ryanair due to the low prices compared to other airlines, 9 Passengers for less than £500 return to Canary Islands, Cheapest alternative airline

after that was £930.00.

Just flown back today and while everything is true about Ryanir if you follow the rules you can't beat them for price.

1: Ensure your bags weight the correct weight or under weight (buy some luggage scales)

2: Ensure your hand luggage is the correct size and weight

3: Ensure you print out your boarding pass (also make extra copies as its a £60 charge if THEY have to print 1 out for you).

4: Ensure you get to the the gate as soon as possible if you don't pay the extra £6 per person priority boarding to avoid the sheep stampede

5: Ensure you take your own food or get a bank loan if you wish to eat on the plane, Very very pricey.

Other than that was rather good service, flight going out was quite empty and we could swop seats so sit close to other family members, No stampede

on way out but was one on the way back as flight was full. Followed point 4 and managed to get seats together.

Got us to our destination and back again safety and well over half price of other airlines.

George

What matters most is a good Pilot. You can easily classify them, they have the same number of landings as they do take-offs.

Hi crusher. Hope all is well :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D