Nationwide Credit Card and overdraft (N.I Belfast)

Lilythepink
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lily, if you're in Northern Ireland you may wish to contact Debt Action NI - Which is a government funded charity. It appears that Nationwide's actions have been most unhelpful. The majority of creditors should consider an affordable payment and to freeze interest and charges if they are provided with a comprehensive financial statement. I can see that you sent one. You may wish to consider a formal complaint about their behaviour.

When did you take the credit card out?

Best wishes,

David @natdebtline

• Confused 1

For Free, Confidential and Independent advice: 0808 808 4000

Monday - Friday 9am to 9pm // Saturday 9.30am to 1pm // 24-hour voicemail. Please leave a message to request an information pack. http://www.nationaldebtline.org // http://www.mymoneysteps.org

I actually did contact Debt Action NI, when I was off ill, and all they suggested was bankruptcy. I did put a complaint in against Nationwide about my flexi a/c into the FOS, Got £250 back, withdrew all the fees/charges, which left only the overdraft. And guess what they are now charging me for an unauthorised overdraft of £32.50 a month, which completely wipes out anything I would be able to pay, so they are threatening legal action as well. I have never come across people like them, and I have kept them informed, and tried to pay as much as I could. My mortgage was the most important, and they tried to get me to stop paying that to pay them. I am going to have to go back to the FOS, about the credit card and the flexi a/c. Thank you for your reply, and hopefully they will take notice.

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

• 3 weeks later...

Credit card has now decided to hand this all over to a solicitor, to put a charge against my joint owned house, with my sister. They insist I have the CCA, and are going to court, how can I stop them?

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

they cant

it would be a restriction

however the letter does NOT say WILL anywhere?

read it carefully.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

NW have said that taking into account, the Society have no alternative other than to approach the Courts to apply for a charging order, to secure the outstanding balance on your property. Just to assure you, under our current policy we do not intend to force sale of your property

LilythePink

about time we start seeing these letter you are getting

they are not treating your fairly on either of your debts under BCOBS..

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Need a new scanner.......

I have said all that to them, but they say that they haven't broken any rules. Just about to offer them some payment, as my home insurance has gone down, after having two burglaries.

LilythePink

What can I do now? What section of BCOBS can I refer to, as I have tried referring to these codes of practice, and they disagree that they have not acted properly.

LilythePink

we need to see the letters you have been getting and sending.

and they

friend, neighbour, relation, library?

surely you must have access to one somewhere

and they

or take pictures with a phone or digital camera?

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

I am in credit card debt with the Nationwide of £5400, through illness, too many priority bills to pay.

I asked Nationwide for CCA and they couldn't provide it several times. they sent me the application form.

I put in a complaint to FOS and informed Nationwide that I wanted to pay the debt, but on condition that the interest was frozen.

Also got a letter from FOS to say it will take 12 weeks and to let them know if any legal claims were made to me from Nationwide.

I have just received today by post, an ordinary civil bill, from a solicitor, who also informs me that if I defend my case, I will be out a lot of money.

Why have they suddenly went legal on me, and threatened me when it was their fault

that they have to say" sorry we have not replied to your correspondence"

No CCA and then this?

Advice please, I am so fed up with Nationwide,

ou can't win no matter what you do?

LilythePink

Query re my debt. Do Nationwide not have to give me a letter of reassignment if it is passed to a solicitor.

LilythePink

Stolen from another site, I hope this helps, This is with the Bank of Ireland.

Here are your options

1) Get an immediate appointment with MABS. Once MABS come on record, a protocol that BOI have agreed with MABS swings into operation. Normally, this will stop them marking judgment against you - however, in your case, since you've left it long, it may not - but it will be really beneficial all the same. MABS are hard to get appointments with these days - so bear in that in mind.

2) You could lodge notice of your intention to defend. Now, you may not have good defence - for instance, not having money to pay is not a defence. (although, if your circumstances are dire, some courts will accept this as a defence). You don't need a solicitor to lodge the defence. However, it will delay. Other delaying tactics - if you so wished, are to ask them for a copy of the original agreement (if its a term loan) or the application form (if its a credit card)

3) The solicitors that work for BOI, cannot accept a low payment indefinitely. So here is what they are trying to do - they are trying to secure the banks position as best the can legally. What does this mean? Well, the civil bill is prelude to having judgment marked against you. All this means, it that the court has stated that you do indeed owe the money. Yes, this judgment might be published at some stage, so if you were in business or whatever, it might not look good. But the primary thing they are looking for is, if you own property, is to register a judgment mortgage on your property. They will not force a sale of the property. That is far as they will/can go - yeah, it sounds quite serious etc - but its actually not too bad at all. Basically, if you are ever selling or doing anything with the property, you'll need to pay them off. Otherwise the judgment mortgage will just sit there. The other thing the may do, after obtaining the judgment, is get an installment order against you. But this is only done really if you have the money but won't pay. If you are on social welfare/low income, and send them in a statement of means, they won't go that route - guaranteed.

So basically, if you have no property - all the will get is judgement against you. This is fine, if you're not too bothered about it - very unlikely anyone will ever know about ti - and you can continue paying your low payments.

If you have property, they will register a judgment mortgages - again, if you're not planning on moving anytime soon etc - it'll just sit there till its paid back, and they'll most likely accept your low payments indefinitely.

• Confused 1

Help, Nationwide say they are not going to stop this charging order, as I havent stuck to an arrangement, which I knew nothing about. I was still waiting for them to come back with details. Sick with worry, and Nationwide will not listen.

LilythePink

Who did you speak to? you have to go as high up the chain as possible as all the underlings are trained and told to read from a script.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yesterday I emailed the CEO's office. Tonight I received a rather upsetting email from the Senior Complaints Manager, who just said that I hadn't made any payments, but I had of £1, whilst they made up their mind to actually reply to me. One 3 June, got an email to which I replied, that yes I wanted to pay the debt off, and I would start making the payment that they agreed to, as soon as my complaint with the FOS has been settled. The communication system is crap. Three and more people all dealing with my a/c, and then out of the blue, this legal procedure.

LilythePink

• 4 weeks later...

Well today, the FOS rang me at work, to say that Nationwide can do the charging order, yes they agreed that their communication was bad ya, ya ya. FOS also said that Nationwide can harass me, phone me, and send the bailiffs but there are no bailiffs in Northern Ireland This all has come out of the blue, no communication and no payment plan made with them for me to have broken. I am really terrified, as my house is jointly owned. Why did they go straight to court, and why not let me pay them back.

LilythePink

Was that the adjudicators response or the ombudsmans? The adjudicators in the FOS seem to be woefully inadequate and seem to be rushing things through just so they can clear the backlog.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yes it must have been, because he didn't seem to have a clue about anything. I in fact knew more than him, and that is saying something.

LilythePink