Suspended on Full Pay (nearly a month)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On your other thread you thought you would be offered a CA and you wanted to leave if the money was right.

You cannot have a CA and an ET.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Thanks Mark I wish you all the best. My union rep has recommended that I don't mention a CA at the disciplinary stage. What do you think? Sorry for my ignorance but I have never been in this position before. My employer tends to offer a CA if the employee raises a grievance. I also have an ongoing injury and had no back to work interview, they have not looked at sorting out a back to work plan after my OT visit as they say I am suspended so there is no need. Does this mean that the outcome of my disciplinary is a foregone conclusion. When would they offer me a CA and are they likely to give me the outcome of my disciplinary on the day?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks

Hi

Thanks Mark I wish you all the best. My union rep has recommended that I don't mention a CA at the disciplinary stage. What do you think? Sorry for my ignorance but I have never been in this position before. My employer tends to offer a CA if the employee raises a grievance. I also have an ongoing injury and had no back to work interview, they have not looked at sorting out a back to work plan after my OT visit as they say I am suspended so there is no need. Does this mean that the outcome of my disciplinary is a foregone conclusion. When would they offer me a CA and are they likely to give me the outcome of my disciplinary on the day?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks

Hi

If they give you a CA, you won't get an outcome to the disciplinary. The CA draws a line under any internal processes.

Why don't you raise a grievance if you have grounds? It might hurry a CA along a bit...

I raised a grievance against my line manager and all I have had is the notes from the investigation meeting that took place. No notice of outcome so far just notification of my disciplinary. It seems to me that this is being ignored. I don't know what to do for the best but really need to get the best possible outcome for myself. I am a single parent and need this to be handled in the best way for me.

Thanks

Hi

Have you been given a copy of there Disciplinary Policy and Procedure?

It would have been helpful to keep to the same thread rather than post new.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

4 threads merged - please keep it to one thread please

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Thanks but I didn't have the know how to merge all threads. My apologies. I do have a copy of their handbook. Hasn't enlightened me much I'm afraid to helped to depress me more.

Any idea if I would have grounds for another grievance regarding my hand injury and surgery and no back to work interview taking place? HR have admitted there is not one on my file. Does this mean that I shouldn't have been back to work? If I am honest I wasn't fit enough but didn't want weeks of sick pay. Thanks

You will be able to google "fit note" to see what it is.

There is a duty of care mitigated by what information they have from your doctor. Which it is partly your responsibility to get them.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

They asked for me to go to the OT which I duly did even though this appointment took place on the day I was suspended. Not once did they ask if I was OK and surely if they had sat me down and did the BTW Interview they would have know how badly I was affected yet they still expected me to input data on a daily basis and are holding the fact that my hand was so painful that I had to omit information (or use old information) against me. I just want all of this put behind me so I guess I will wait for the disciplinary and its outcome. Also there is no mention of my grievance and its outcome. Thanks

Hi emmzzi, I have just googled fit note and I had one from the hospital. My employer has a copy of that. Does this change things now? They have in fact emailed it to me when I asked for the BTW interview details.

well without knowing what OT recommended and what your fit note said, it's going to be hard to advise if they should have acted on it....

Hi

These PDFs from ACAS may be of some help:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The fit note said I am unfit to work due to the blood clot under the skin of my hand which required an operation. OT said that I was not to carry a laptop keep typing to a minimum and to avoid rush hour travelling so as not to cause further injury. My thanks Stu007 I will take a look at these.

that's what the one you had when you went back to work said?

if work have ignored that and OT report you have a very strong case

Hi, yes thats what the fit note said and a very detailed OT report. When I asked at my investigation meeting what was happening with it I was told they don't have to do anything at the moment as I am suspended. I handed in the fit note from my doctor, then had the operation and nothing more has been said.

then it's academic until your suspension is resolved one way or the other. one thing at a time....

Thanks Emmzzi. Just a shame it has dragged on for two months. I have my disciplinary next week so I guess all will be revealed one way or another. Thanks for all your advice and assistance.