Incorrect item sent, who is responsible for return postage?

TheV5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yup, got a screenshot of their website with my reg number and the parts offered to fit the vehicle.

Actually just had a look on the box. CarParts4Less add their own sticker. Under the description on the sticker it states "clutch kit for VW/SEAT AGZ". So I'm covered in regard to them making the mistake and being unaware that this clutch will not fit a SEAT.

Unforetunately, online retailers flout the regulations, they treat their customers like 'mushrooms', they expect to get away with it, lets see what the Card Provider has to say.

Actually just had a look on the box. CarParts4Less add their own sticker. Under the description on the sticker it states "clutch kit for VW/SEAT AGZ". So I'm covered in regard to them making the mistake and being unaware that this clutch will not fit a SEAT.

Marvellous! Just heard back from my card issuer (Halifax) and they say there is nothing they can do. Chargeback only works if I had not received the goods. They argue, that I have received goods that I ordered and paid for, therefore, CarParts4Less have kept their end of the contract!

CarParts4Less even refuse to speak to me now. I fear if I send the clutch back, they will come up with more excuses and I will never see my money again.

Hi TheV5

Ask Halifax to send you their Terms and Conditions on Chargeback and Section 75.

Marvellous! Just heard back from my card issuer (Halifax) and they say there is nothing they can do. Chargeback only works if I had not received the goods. They argue, that I have received goods that I ordered and paid for, therefore, CarParts4Less have kept their end of the contract!

CarParts4Less even refuse to speak to me now. I fear if I send the clutch back, they will come up with more excuses and I will never see my money again.

I'll ask Halifax for them. The first guy told me that if the item that turned up was incorrect, then I could claim and then after emailed the David Nicholas, I get told that I could only claim if the item did not turn up. I was also told that the CAB, Trading Standards etc know that you can only claim chargeback if an item does not arrive. Does it make much difference if the card is a Visa Debit?

I have also written a letter to CarParts4Less pointing out their T&C's and that they state I have to pay if "I cancel the contract" and what they need to do if the item is mis-represented and copied the OFT statement.

So now, it's a waiting game!

Visa Debit allows Chargeback. When you order a a specific product as you did, that is what you should receive. What you've been told by Hailfax is nonsense. So as long as they send you anything but what you've ordered it's fine, that's a joke.

I'll ask Halifax for them. The first guy told me that if the item that turned up was incorrect, then I could claim and then after emailed the David Nicholas, I get told that I could only claim if the item did not turn up. I was also told that the CAB, Trading Standards etc know that you can only claim chargeback if an item does not arrive. Does it make much difference if the card is a Visa Debit?

I have also written a letter to CarParts4Less pointing out their T&C's and that they state I have to pay if "I cancel the contract" and what they need to do if the item is mis-represented and copied the OFT statement.

So now, it's a waiting game!

It took me 3 letters to get NatWest to do a chargeback on an item I bought someone for Christmas, so it can take quite a bit of effort on your part to get your bank to do a chargeback. They eventually did it, but I only know that because the money just appeared in my account- NatWest didn't bother writing to tell me that they were doing this. If you persist, I'm sure you'll get the right result for you.

• 5 weeks later...

Finally this has been resolved. Carparts4less collected the item via a Eurocarparts driver. Got the full refund today. I wrote a very harsh letter pointing out the various legal terms for they are responsible and pointed out the floors in their own T&C's.

Not impressed with their service in any way and also the banks conduct in this issue.

Many thanks to all your input and helping out with various legal points :)