Argos amd DCA'S partly given up the ghost on me?

j_semple
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First phone call today recieved from a 01204772956 number and googling it tells me it's fredrickson's ;) I have a strong feeling it's to do with all of this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?260756-Moorcroft-Argos-Card-Me

Can somebody advise what I do when the inevitable letters start arriving?

EDIT: Fixed the link to the start of the thread. Makes sense. :p

Edited by j_semple

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep it's all related to the Argos account and I dispute a lot on it due to items which we're bought which I had no knowledge of. I got a lot to wonder about though. Whether I have to CCA them again um........Send account in dispute letters and what not. I want to try and be prepared before the inevitable letters start again (Which I have no doubt they will soon)

Ignored me. They knew that somebody else had done it but they would not give me names or what not (And they said they had proof that apparently I had knowledge of it but they would not send me the proof despite requests) and this was me complaining to as high up as you could get at the argos chain too. I basically refused (quite rightly) to they sent me the proof of the goods allegedly bought and to this day they still haven't. As I said in the Moorcroft thread right at the end, I have plenty of things on my side. Dodgy Defaults, Non complaint CCA'S from Moorcr@P and what not. I'm not too afraid of another fight but hopefully it will sooner be nipped in the bud. I will reply back when I recieve my first letter (Which I suspect won't be very long now)

I mean, I could be completely wrong with this is to what fred's we're calling about but with going by what I've read on here, it's likely after Moorcr@p pass the account back to the client (In this case Argos) then it's usually fredrickson's that step in next. As I said, I will wait and see what the inevitable letter says. Meanwhile, I know not to answer any calls and if I happen to do 1 day, I know not to confirn anything on the phone with them and insist on everything in writing only. Let the games begin I say. ;)

To take this a littie further regarding the proof. I asked for recordings of the alleged phone calls to be sent to me on a CD (Which every tom, dick and harry would consider a fair request) Argos would only send them via email to me which I refused as I know how easily email can be hacked into (I should know as it's happened to me a good few times in the past) as soon as I asked that? (And I was contacting somebody via head office at the time too and already had recieved a very rude phone call from 1 of their staff members who refused to apologise to me for it also) As soon as I asked for the proof to be sent to me via CD? They closed the investigation and basically told me to more or less get lost (That was after telling me to file out a police report with regards to everything and more or less embarrassing me after going up to the Police station to talk to somebody only to get a call 5 minutes after I got in quite literaly and be told that the police could do nothing because of these alleged phone calls which I have never been given proof of)

As the letter confirms that this relates to your Argos dispute I'd just follow the advice posted in your other thread.

What I don't follow is the default being for £59 but your balance is nearly £2000. From the balance you're been asked to pay what do the undisputed charges amount to?

I'll scan the default later today and put that up. I think the £59 default was because I stopped paying when all of this cr@p (excuse my french) Started coming out regarding all this fraud on my account and Argos we're being totally unhelpful (Basically telling me as I said to sling my hook) I have had no real confirmation of how much the disputed items actually total up to in value. I'm in the dark as much as anybody. I guess my first stop has to be a CCA? I've had no further calls from freds since thursday last week (I got the letter on the friday) The whole thing is a complete, total utter mess.

I've had a demand from 3 mobile (Got it yesterday but was too busy playing with my new desktop) :roll: Basically demanding that I pay £435.89 within 20 days or Lowells are on to it. I have had trouble from Wescot and C.A.R.S for the same thing but each just mysertiously disappeared after quoting parts of the law :roll: Does anybody have any email cotntacts I can use for Lowells (Would rather not go through 3G again as I haven't forgotten the issues I have had with them)

Hi j_s

If I were you I would not be contacting Lowell yet as it seems that you've already disputed things

Sit tight and if/when Lowell write to you just advise them that the matter has been in dispute since xx/xx/xx

Don't make life any harder for yourself right now

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Yes wait for Lowlifes to put their head above the parapet, I assume this is in dispute with 3G?

ie. you had an issue with them and their services, they failed to rectify, you canceled your DD, they are now wanting payment for the entire billing period of the contract?

How long was the contract for, how much per month and how far into it did you stop paying them?

Lowlifes love these agreements as they believe that people can't argue against them as they don't come under the CCA, but there are plenty more ways to skin a cat.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Guess who DOESN'T have fredrickson's on to me now. lol. Just checked my balance in the pay section on the website. ;

08 Oct 2010Original Debt£1,850.1226 Oct 2010Returned to Client£1,850.12Balance£0.00

I'll wait for the first contact with Lowell. September 2008 I had contact with 3G. All over a internet add on which for whatever reason they refused to add on to my account (And I was told that I could get this add on) ;) Calls and emails to customer services and executive office we're absolutely fruitless. I had the phone packed up and wanted to return it within my 14 day clause (Which I'm sure I had) 3G Refused. Next I knew October/November 2008, I started getting letters from Wescot who hounded me for 3 months (I refused to buckle to any of their payment demands despite continuously sending me payment slips and letters) Eventually, after I joined this place and found out information? Wescot Returned to 3G Feburary 2009. March 2009, I got a letter from C.A.R.S, Sent them an email outlining my position with this debt and they never wrote back to me again. Now on Monday I get the letter from 3G saying that if I didn't arrange payment within 20 days (Doesn't say a exact date mind) then it will be passed to Lowells. They have a number on there though which says I can phone Lowells on a certain number to arrange payment if I wish (And got a Lowells Reference Number on it too) Letter was dates 21st which would make it last thursday that it was sent.