Argos amd DCA'S partly given up the ghost on me?

j_semple
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks BB. Although I would have probably been better off disputing? I ended up caving lol but at least I got it down to 10% in the end. Not all too bad in the end. It's incase 3G Chase it for the rest that's the worrying thing now (Despite lowlife's claims)

I wouldn't worry, you have written evidence if they do, sounds like there wasn't any enforceable documents to prove anyhow, still 10% is good enough.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

What sort of battle am I expecting? It's for a certain Argos Store Card (Yes I know this should be in the Argos Section but I feel I will get more help here)

I have not received a letter yet but I have received a few calls today from a 08002889838 and googling that number did indicate JB Debt. How easy/hard is it to see them off?

A lot of my info is in the Argos section of the forum. No payment has been made for at least a year due to issues of fraud on the account (Which Argos we're made very aware of and even admitted but would not resolve the issue) Had Moorcroft on who got sent packing after they failed to comply with a proper CCA Request. Was passed on to fredrickson but they just decided to bail out for whatever reason and now I got these clowns on to me (I am 99% certain it is for Argos as it seems that the only time companies phone me, a few days later I get letters from them and it's always been to do with Argos) I'll post the lin to my original threads (The only reason I am posting this in the main forum as I might get more help on here as I said)

Moorcroft:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?260756-Moorcroft-Argos-Card-Me&highlight=

Freds:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?280129-Guess-who-has-fredrickson-s-on-to-me................&highlight=

JB Debt Recovery only managed to send me six letters before giving up but i recieved plenty of phone calls from some stroppy aberdeen angus especially when declining their security questions.

Originally Lowells reckoned to have bought an overdraft debt from barclays which is stat barred by the way. Lowells and all their threat-o-grams were ignored so JB thought they would give it a go.

15 april 2008 - jb debt recovery - standard crap 7 days or our client will consider legal action

18 april 2008 - jb debt recovery - exactly same letter as above

15 may 2008 - jb debt recovery - final opportunity to resolve this debt, client will offer settlement of 80% of balance

18 june 2008 - asset collection and investigation ltd (jb debt in disguise) - our client has requested us to carry out a pre-sue report in the anticipation of pending legal action, however they have given us a short period of time to negotiate a settlement with you.......we are authorised to offer a substantial discount blah blah blah

23 july 2008 - asset collection and investigation ltd ( still jb) - in an attempt to avoid legal costs being incurred by either party........30 days to take up the offer of paying 60% of the balance

25 august 2008 - mcdonald rankin & partners (still jb debt) - we have been instructed after consultation with asset collection and investigation (consultation with themselves ???) to look at the possibility of issuing legal proceedings against you......7 days to respond. 2 years later still no legal proceedings to be seen.

That was the last i heard from jb, from them it went to mackenzie hall who are still trying to this day having sent at least 15 threat-o-grams but no phone calls from them.

I have not bothered to inform any of them its stat barred as i enjoy them wasting money on me, i know they can't legally do a thing and should they ever be stupid enough to go to court a nice counter claim would be in order

hope this is of some use to you

theratboy

Interesting so far. Already got them admitting to at least 1 phone call and 1 text message :wink: They claim to have removed my information from their database for now. We shall see :wink: Oh forgot to add they don't class it as harrassment and already raising my complaint to a higher level (as requested) I class 1 phone call too many as harrassment (and they claim it was only 1 call when I know it was a good few)

Thanks to this place I know all about the SAR and what not. ;) I'm going to see how this plays out. I've only had to go down a CCA request so far with Moorcroft and they failed miserably on that (and when I challenged them about that they went walkies) ;) I might SAR JB but your right I do have much better things to spend my £10 on ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing really much to update on except JB claim that the "Client" in this case Argos sent me a letter saying that they are investigating my disputed claim. I wonder when I will get them as we have had no mail this week at all due to the exceptional weather.

• 2 weeks later...

Need advice. They rearing their ugly head again. Got a letter in the post this morning saying bascially unless I pay up in 7 days time? The client will be taking legal despite me apparently ignoring all previous correspondence (whch I haven't as I been dealing with them via email) I also got a letter from Argos investigting my issues that I raised with them.

I'll do that. I've also contacted that person that I been dealing with via JB Debt Reovery once again via email to figure out what the hell is going on now. I was also told that JB Would not be contacting me again to the cleint provides me with further info then I got that letter this morning (And it was dated 15th December 2010)

Their Response (JB)

Good afternoon I can assure you we have not sent any letters out to you since I put the account on hold on the 24th November, the only letter to be generated buy our system was on the 22nd November, this would be our first letter to you, unfortunately our mailing house has been sitting on a number of files which needed to be sent out due to the poor weather conditions, please ignore the contents of the letter. I will update you as per my previous emails whenever my client has completed their investigation.

Regards

Slight update here. JB got a email back from argos which in effect Argos said that I was to forward any equiries I had on to them. Now the problem with that? Argos have more or less ignored this issue for the last year and I have ahd agents on the phone who we're actually very rude claiming that I had knowledge of the events which has lead to this situation (When I know I had no knowledge of it) I politely emailed back JB with a clear indication to them that I was not contacting Argos because they have choose to ignore me. Why should I contact a company that was more or less shouting down my ear on the phone accusing me of knowing about this?

Slight update here. JB got a email back from argos which in effect Argos said that I was to forward any equiries I had on to them. Now the problem with that? Argos have more or less ignored this issue for the last year and I have ahd agents on the phone who we're actually very rude claiming that I had knowledge of the events which has lead to this situation (When I know I had no knowledge of it) I politely emailed back JB with a clear indication to them that I was not contacting Argos because they have choose to ignore me. Why should I contact a company that was more or less shouting down my ear on the phone accusing me of knowing about this?

Problem as I see it here is that whatever happened in the past, Argos now seem to be trying to resolve something. If you refuse tom communicate it can only serve to exacerbate things. While I fully understand your reluctance to do so, it may be a case of swallowing your pride and trying to get things resolved.

I am point blank refusing to do it. JB DID offer to whatever I wanted to say to them? They would pass it on to them. It's the principle that bothers me. Why should I have to phone argos when I had 1 of their staff shouting down at me on the phone causing me a lot of upset and accusing me of having knowledge of susipcious activities on my card and more or less refused to apologise for it too? I complained about that phone call to somebody high up who did say that the phone call should have not had that tone but never really offered me an apology. IF Argos decide to fully investigate my claims and clear me of any involvement (which they know wasn't me but refuse to admit that) then I may contact them but while they still accusing me of this and that when I know and they know I done nothing wrong? I have no wish and desire to contact Argos directly and I will go through them through JB which they said I could if I don't want to contact them which I don't intend to.

Tingy can I add? I don't feel too comfortable with you replying to this as you don't appear to be saying anything really helpful so please if you can? Try and not respond to this now? I would rather have people commenting that are going to be helpful and can understand my situation and you don't appear to be able to understand that.

No problem. A little surprised as in post 10 you thanked me and a couple of posts later said you would get in touch with Argos. Sorry I am not a psychic and could not predict this complete about turn.

Anyway, will pick up toys thrown out of the cradle as I leave as well. Good luck with your case. Now unsubscribing to help people who do appreciate my efforts.

Edited by Tingy

• 1 month later...

Another collector bites the dust.

Good morning I have contacted Argos again, below is their reply

Please advise that the account has been returned to Argos and any disputes need to be resolved via them, and that the account was sent to yourselves in error

As per the reply, I have now closed your account with JBDR, please contact Argos to resolve your dispute.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe 1 of you nice people can help me here. I have had outstanding issues with them which I have made knowledge of on here on a few threads. I am wondering though if anybody can give m the specific email addy for their customer care team? I remember from my letters that it started with customer but the rest I forget.