Special Delivery Parcel Delivered To Incorrect Address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,I'm stuck in a catch 22. I posted a parcel special delivery to an address I was provided with. Unfortunately the item has gone missing, Royal Mail have delivered it but apparently not to the correct address. I have raised a complaint with Royal Mail, however they are insistent that the address I used isn't valid as it's for more than one address. On the other hand the company that provided me with the address are insistent that the address is correct. I have taken this matter to the Chief Executive/MD of both companies.Who is right, who can I can claim compensation from and what should I do next.See my article about this at xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Hi

have you checked the postcode through google maps then into street view to look yourself?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The key factor here is knowing if the address used was a correct address (or not). Are you able to provide us with the address you used so we can help further? What does the RM website show when you look up the address?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi,

the address I was given is:

unit 8, 10-12

Llywn-Y-Graig

Garngoch Ind Est

Gorseinon

Swansea

SA4 9WG

and apparently it has gone to

UNIT 9,

Old TNT Building,

Pheonix Way,

Garngoch Industrial Estate,

Penllergaer,

SWANSEA,

SA4 9WF

Gemma

I assume the company in question is Trojan Electronics? In this instance looking at the addresses, I believe that Royal Mail's address database is not accurate/up-to-date and your claim is being rejected because the details are not matching on their website and the customer service staff (who I assume are part of a national team) have no local knowledge to understand the address in more detail. There are a few points to note here:

• Unit 8 & unit 12 do notappear on Royal Mail's address database (you can search this for free on royal mail.com by clicking 'find an address or postcode').
  • However, Trojan Electronics are listed on the database, same street and postcode, but a different unit number (unit 10-11).
  • If you look on Google Maps, and zoom in on street view, you can clearly see that Trojan Electronics do in fact occupy unit 8, as well as unit 10-12. 10-12 are next to each other and 8 is directly opposite 10-11. It is clear that Trojan occupy all of these units as they have huge signs outside each one! If the Royal Mail driver found the street (Llywn-Y-Graig) then he would have absolutely no problem finding Trojan Electronics!

Notwithstanding the above, Royal Mail probably do make a point that Trojan should probably specify a single unit for it to be delivered to, rather than listing each unit they occupy (albeit they are all in the same place) - however this does not excuse the fact that they delivered it to the wrong address! If they genuinely weren't sure which address to deliver it to, then they should have returned it to sender and NOT picked a random address nearby and delivered it to there. Phoenix Way and Llywn-Y-Graig are two completely different roads, there is no excuse for them to get it wrong and deliver it to a completely different place.

I would point out the above, and include print outs from the RM website and Google Map Streetview, and escalate this as high as possible. Assuming your item was something which would be covered by their compensation then there is no reason why RM should be withholding the payment which is due to you in my opinion.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sorry for the second post. I have gone all the way to the chief exec of royal mail and now awaiting a reply from the review panel. I have pointed out the address that the item was delivered to was different and that if they were unsure of where to deliver why didn't they return to depot and sender.

I just want to know if legally I can take BCG to court as they are in possession of my item after all. It is very frustrating thi whole process.