style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

But you never leave? Why do you never leave?

Only you can answer that.

But you never leave and keep on posting about how bad the job is, and what might or might not happen if you stay.

Take a risk. LEAVE.

See what happens after....

How about that?

Wx

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But you never leave? Why do you never leave?

Only you can answer that.

But you never leave and keep on posting about how bad the job is, and what might or might not happen if you stay.

Take a risk. LEAVE.

See what happens after....

How about that?

Wx

Werewolf I can fully assure you I am in the process of trying to leave.

the only thing worse than a bad job is no job

(excluding my wife's spectacular pea green wallpaper i've just been done £300 for which on looking at it makes me want to work 7 days a week)

still, just like the boss i'll be telling her "what you have done there is fantastic"

the only thing worse than a bad job is no job

(excluding my wife's spectacular pea green wallpaper i've just been done £300 for which on looking at it makes me want to work 7 days a week)

still, just like the boss i'll be telling her "what you have done there is fantastic"

Personally, I'd rather have no job than a job I disliked - almost permanent misery. More to life than a poor job, I am afraid.

Just to update, I got an email from work and they said that they were doing everything they could with the investigation but currently, they were very busy with other things - go figure! I was given assurances this would be sorted by now - I think my case just gets stronger every day for constructive dismissal because it just shows how bad this company is to work for.

Therefore, Atlas01, I do believe that having no job is better than staying in a job where there is no advancement, as it is with this one. It does not and I repeat, does not take FOUR months to resolve an investigation - true, I was ill when they wanted to have the meetings, but that was a long time since and I've done everything they asked. The union have been little help, either.

Hi Honeybee,

If you mean the FB post, that wasn't down to me, but I don't think I'll be able to prove that, either way. All I can do is use previous FB posts to prove my worth. Also, I've been through the FB posts with the union and the union said there was nothing there of any concern - now, the union are *supposed* to be the experts, so I take their advice seriously. Even work said it was *not* that serious and my LM said the letter I sent him was interesting and comments attributed to my name were basically re-iterating anything that the other two in the conversation said. Whatever happens, they cannot find my fully accountable for what happened since there was more than one person involved.

To sum this up, the comment about the Tea Bagging and I discussed this at length with my HR, can only be classed as minor misconduct at the very most because there was no intent, threat, sexual advance or violence in the comment. However, had it contained any of those attributes, it would be a very different matter. The other comment was about her being a chick with a d*ck. I supposedly said maybe - not to insult anyone's intelligence, that does not mean that one necessarily thinks one is that and is not categorically saying that they are. The rest of the comments were basic, in my opinion. One was the fact I supposedly got feelings for her (not a crime), that my supervisor was immature and could be spiteful, the fact that I did not receive a christmas kiss or dance at the christmas do but that was an ongoing joke about the kiss, rather than the dance and my supervisor was well aware of that, so she can't complain. As I say, the only two comments which worried me were the teabagging and the chick with a d*ck comment.

All this said, the comments were removed as soon as I found them on my FB wall. Therefore, it shows there was no offence meant, whether I did it or not. Also, work and my union said that I was not the ringleader in all of this and that it "wasn't me," "it was them." The fact the comments were removed and I can use all of this means I have something to fight with.

Thanks for your help honeybee - I'm looking for options as to see what I can do because work have acted poorly and are not sticking to their promises so I think this is just going to all act in my favour.

Regards

Robin

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I thought I'd let you know, since you've all been so good to me, that I received a letter from work with a report and I am to answer a misconduct charge that may result in a first or final warning.

I have contacted my union and they haven't responded as of yet.

Furthermore, I am going to hand in my letter of resignation, all being well, but try and get a reference. I have nothing left but contempt for my workplace, now.

Gonna tear the report to shreds tomorrow as well as there are so many things in it, I am not happy about and it also says I can't share the content with anyone. Can they do this? What if I wanted to take legal action? Not sure about this.

Anyways, thank you v.much for all your help over the past few months. You've all been a tower of strength to me.

Much love,

Robin :-)

Hello,

Best not tear the report into shreds tomorrow if you want to take legal action.

A friend of mine handed in her notice a few years ago, she couldn't claim any help from DWP, no benefits available for her since she voluntarily quit her own job.

Perhaps you can wait for better advice in regards to voluntarily quitting your job tomorrow, but if you feel that is what you want and need, then you could do some research on 'constructive dismissal'

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

When I said "tear the report to shreds," I meant metaphorically. I am going to take it apart and pick out things I am not happy about and going to crush the workplace. I have so much going for me, its untrue. May take some time, though. Still haven't heard from the union. I need some questions answering as well before I go ahead with my report, so to speak.

phone your unions regional office to let them know you need representation

If you cannot get one in time, request the meeting be adjourned. Give them the name and contact (with the reps permission) of the area union organiser or rep and suggest they make a mutually convieniant time.

Do not hand in your notice. That makes you volontarily unemployed. It prevents you your right of appeal and also they have the right to refuse to accept it at this point anyway

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Don't spend your energy crushing the workplace. Vengeance is not an activity for happy people.

Leave, get counselling, and live a happy life!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

• 2 weeks later...

Good Afternoon,

I am writing to inform you that I had an e-mail from my workplace today and they told me that I was going to receive my decision letter from work, based upon the investigation outcome, which I already know what the outcome is.

Anyway, afterward, it said that they were required to complete another OCH assessment since the sick note now said that it was for an Anal Fissure.

The thing is, work are fully aware that I had this condition so I emailed work back and told them I had this condition and I have been to see the doctor, who signed me off for another month and have been advised that my HR have opened up a case on this and that because of this, as explained, a new OCH has to be completed.

I felt it necessary to explain to work that with this condition can be considerable pain at times and a lot of leaking of fluid and blood and told them the nature of this condition is unpredictable.

To be honest, I'm starting to get a little bit impatient with the workplace now because I can't understand why there is a need to open up a new OCH case in regards to this, especially considering the fact work were aware of the condition beforehand, so it certainly isn't anything new.

Advice please?

Many Thanks,

Robin

well, you know the score with occ health already. you go if you want sick pay and not to be dismissed for absence, you don't go if you don't care.

At this point I'm going to sign out and wish you luck; we have been through every scenario with your employer and you take no action. I really cannot help.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Been a while since my last post but its been a tough time for me of late, had 2 operations for a medical issue, been through an unpleasant investigation etc.

Anyway, I just wanted to ask a question about how holiday entitlement works. I have been off work for several months now and I wanted to know if I was entitled to any outstanding earnings due to holiday I have built up for this year? At the start of the year, I had something like 27 days.

If I took the action and handed in my letter of resignation etc., am I to lose these days of payment entirely as I'm not quite sure how it all works etc. Up until the 12th September, I am on full pay, which gets taken down to half pay after that.

Anyway, after everything I've been through, as some of you will be aware, I am going to lay my cards on the table and cut my losses and its come to the point now where I really couldn't give two hoots about the consequences because if nobody has the guts to tell them to their face what's wrong with certain policies shall we say, nobody ever will. I wouldn't say it in a way that would affect a reference etc. but I would tell them as I wouldn't be doing myself or anyone else any favours who decides to work in that dreaded office in the future, especially since staff get no respect in there and the office is treated like the lowest of the low, just like the people.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Robin

Thanks Honeybee - always a good help to me. I think the best thing to do is email the company and get the info from the horse's mouth as I'm not fully sure I understand all of the jargon.

Best,

Robin

when does your holiday year start? your entitlement is pro rata so if the start date was Jan 1st then you have accrued another 2 days per month and there is no deduction for the half pay reduction as the law says it is paid at your normal pay. There is some argument over how bonuses can be included but there is nothing to say that being on sick leave knocks your holidays down to half pay.

when does your holiday year start? your entitlement is pro rata so if the start date was Jan 1st then you have accrued another 2 days per month and there is no deduction for the half pay reduction as the law says it is paid at your normal pay. There is some argument over how bonuses can be included but there is nothing to say that being on sick leave knocks your holidays down to half pay.

Eric,

Thanks for your reply. Details of my holiday are below:

1 - I start each leave year with 30 days (plus 4 days carried over)

2 - I have been on sick leave for the majority of the year (I've been in work from 6-15 Jan, 3-19 Feb, 7-24 Jul)

3 - Therefore, since May 1 (when my leave year begins), I have been off for 137 days (including the time I am off until I return to work on 15 Sep)

Therefore, how much holiday pay would I be entitled to?

Thanks,

Robin

• 3 weeks later...

Good Evening,

I have a few questions about how to handle my employment, should it be brought to an end because of my long term sick, as I'm struggling to find the answers I need.

Basically, I have been sick since last Christmas and am keen to find other employment but that has had to be put on hold for the time being whilst I sort out my medical issues, which, as I am sure you can understand, has caused me a great deal of stress.

What I need to know is what would be included in my final pay packet should it be decided they want to dismiss me on grounds because of long-term sick because, as I explained, trying to find those answers in simple-terms is proving difficult on the relevant websites.

Thanks again - all your help in the past in regards to my job situation has proved invaluable - now that my sickness issue, which has lasted ten months+, is on the way to healing, fingers crossed, I am trying to find out where I stand in regards to my employment. My union haven't been helpful in this matter.

Regards

Robin

Edited by honeybee13
Asking for contact by PM.