Fare evasion Please HELP!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thought i would also include that the guy i phoned did say we dnt like takin ppl to court and thts not really what we usually plan all the time as long as i can reply back to the letter we can further decide once we recieve it? im just a little concerned about all this and was wondering what i can include in the letter shall i detail what happend or show how sorry i am etc?? how long will they take to give me a decision if anyone would know?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought i would also include that the guy i phoned did say we dnt like takin ppl to court and thts not really what we usually plan all the time as long as i can reply back to the letter we can further decide once we recieve it?

Personally, I would not make reference to that part of the conversation.

im just a little concerned about all this and was wondering what i can include in the letter shall i detail what happend or show how sorry i am etc?? how long will they take to give me a decision if anyone would know?

I would stick to sending a written apology to the company & staff concerned for your 'stupid and out of character, last minute decision to alter the ticket', stress that a prosecution could have serious consequences for your continued employment and ask if you may be allowed to pay the fare due and all of their reasonably incurred administration costs in order to deal with this without Court action. Give an undertaking never to travel without a valid ticket in future.

Don't tell them anything that they don't already know and keep the letter brief, but ensure that the apology reads as a sincere response.

You will usually get a reply within a couple of weeks to that sort of letter.

Edited by Old-CodJA

Thought i would also include that the guy i phoned did say we dnt like takin ppl to court and thts not really what we usually plan all the time as long as i can reply back to the letter we can further decide once we recieve it?

Wot O/C sez.

See, he would have been speaking 'off the record', so wouldn't want it advertised. It could stop similiar offers being made in the future...

• 3 years later...