Is this valued correctly? Am I being fussy?

bladerunner204
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

First time poster, glad such a forum exists, willl be one of my dialy reads from here on!!! AWESOME

My issue is as below, if I can get a view on what my options are?

I bought a laptop from PCWORLD in Staines in Aug 2011, my criteria was backlit keyboard, dedicated graphics with HDMI and the fastest processor possible which was the i7, so I found the HP Envy 14, 2002EA very appealing.

The sales guy asked me " So why the fastest processer, what you going to be doing on it?" so i expalined its for work and I dont like a slow laptop, " ah right, so business use?" to which I replied "Yes" so instead of the Club insurance I got the Premier Insurance at £14.00 a month, the reason? well if your laptop goes away for repair you will get a loan! That was the selling point of the "Premier"

Laptop worked nicely, until May 2012 when it gave off a horrible burning smell, went in for repair to be picked up Saturday, "we dont have any loan but can put you on the waiting list.." Is what I got when I mentioned. Needless to say I did not receive a loan and the laptop was away for 8 working days rather than the 5 promised.

Laptop came back repaired worked for 20 mins and burnt out again, so again no loan to give to you sorry sir, will put you on the waiting list, by the end of the week I had not heard back so I went and bought a new laptop as I needed one.

Eventually they wrote off the HP Envy, gave me the voucher code popped into the store and they had matched the specification and offered me another HP, which turned out to be an i5, priced at 499.99. You can imagine my reaction to that!!

I questioned this as mine was an i7, anyhow alot of time later and many phone calls it transpired that the INTERNAL PCWORLD website had the incorrect specs so they corrected their mistake and offered me the cheapest i7 priced at 799.99. It was a Toshiba it looked nice so I took it, however the speakers popped on this machine so I have just returned it today.

After thinking it over and using the not so good toshiba I started to feel extremely angry so glad I was able to return that however now I have 799.99 on a gift card I am out of pocket by 1100-799.99= 299.00

and also the 10 insurance payments of 14/month =£140

Now since HP provide a years manufacture warranty, why should the customer have to loose out on a 1/4 of the laptops value? I feel very very angry now considering I have 7 warranty/insurance agreements with them.

again I will be looking to possibly cancel all of them if i do not get anywhere, so far the Staines manager has offered to ring up head office and see if they can up the voucher, my local Slough store were not even willing to do this. Again no promises.

If the store can not get anywhere, where do I go next?

Thanks for reading and apologies for any grammar, spelling its late and I am not happy

wy buy any extra warranty / insurance

WASTE of MONEY

SOGA covers everything and MORE for FREE!!

pers i'd reclaim the usless insurance.

as for the LOSS of what you paid as to what they are offering.

its spec for spec, not a monetary comparison sadly.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

to be honest I dont have the time, I have it for the ease of it and since the kids use a few of them they do tend to go wrong after year 1... hence the insurnce.

anyways definitely going to be cancelling it tomorrow, EVERY POLICY!

Please elaborate on the " reclaim the useless insurance"? how they state that the laptop was written off by our insurers, so basically I invoked the claim etc so i used it

and when you say spec for spec, do you mean the main core specs or down to the nitty gritty as my main reason was the backlit keyboard as i type alot in the dark, now at 799.99 no laptop has that spec

the laptop went wrong, under soga it should be repaired or replaced or refunded.

certain 'rules' apply

but soga invalidates the need for most extra insurances/warranties.

as for any warranty, that is on top of your statutory rights under soga

the only need for insurance is that of the commission the salesman/company get

from selling it.

there was no need to envoke the insurance as it should be all done under soga.

for free

i'd specifically ask 'what' benefit the insurance is to you, when it's obv a clear soga case

as for reclaiming it

well thats another matter, but the insurance iis obvnot needed

in this case and in all intents is useless bar lining their pockets

you might have to swallow the fact of no illuminated keyboard

unlesss you identify a second hand model and demand cash to buy it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

id argue the case over the backlit keyboard theres a few models that have it i beleave and i would argue its part of the features of the model

Edited by labrat
  • Haha 1

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I agree with Labrat, If you are making an insurance claim, tell them the back-lit keyboard was a required feature, and as such you require that on the replacement. Insurance companies use the "like for like replacement" to give cheaper computers as time goes on, so you use it to get the best you can :).

Insurance is only good in case of an accident, so if you wanted that cover I find it cheaper to get my laptop adding to my home contents insurance. Other than that it sands like your troubles were a SOGA issue anyway, and if you didn't have insurance these faults should have been repaired (unless it was misuse by your kids)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

You are of course correct, misuse is the wrong word.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar