(01) Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours.Band B, And no T bar at end of Yellow line?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone

I would be grateful for and advice or a bit of guidance on how to best handle the following;

I have been issued a Parking ticket under the contravention; (01) Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours. Band B.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here are photos;

http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss345/cmguk22/Parking%20Ticket/

As you can see my front wheel was parked over a single yellow line (which incidentally does not have a T-bar at either end). The single yellow extends about 10m where it ended and there is an 'End of controlled parking zone' sign. On the reverse of the sign (thus I could not see this) is an 'Entrance to controlled parking zone' sign.

However what is bugging me is that there are NO other signs, thus there is no indication where the zone starts/finishes. What is also bugging me is that there is no T-Bar at the end of the yellow line

Do I have a leg to stand on?

Hi and welcome to CAG

Your picture (2) shows that there is a sign indicating that the CPZ ends. It follows that on the other side, there will be the sign stating that the CPZ starts (as shown in pic 1). Yellow lines are not required within a CPZ so it matters not it has no 'T' bar.

I assume you entered the CPZ from the opposite direction (the way your car is facing) and as such, you must of passed another sign somewhere. If you didn't, you may have grounds for appeal there.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

I did enter the CPZ from the other direction, and I did not pass any another sign.

Although that's possible, more likely is that you didn't notice the signs at the entry point. The council website should have a map of the CPZ. You need to retrace your exact route and double check that the signs where you entered the CPZ are missing. If they are you have good grounds of appeal.

I have just retraced my route and I can confirm there is NO other signage and by the lack of lampposts / poles etc there does not look to have ever been any. Which begs the question; how many other people have had tickets for the same..

What is behind you car it looks like its unrestricted surely the CPZ is not just 20 long, lol??

Your correct, behind my car was unrestricted bay parking, and the yellow line is approx 11-12m long....

I drove north up the A22 (Godstone Road), I then turning a hard right I drove up Downscourt Road.

I can see from the Croydon web page that purley is one big Permit Zone, but I have retraced my route to the point I entered the parking zone and a few hundres yards past this point and there are NO signs.

I was visiting a friend who lives there, and she confirmed that they do not need permits, she has lived there for the past 3 years.

I've looked on Google Street View (which can be out of date).

The CPZ should begin just before Dale Road and there are no signs to be seen on Godstone Road.

I would appeal on the grounds that the contravention did not occur.

Detail the route you took and enclose a copy of the CPZ map from their website and photos of Godstone Road between Sunnydene Road and Dale Road.

Ask the council to give the exact location of the entry signs to the CPZ on Godstone Road.

• 1 month later...

Good news. Bet those missing signs will now start appearing!

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2002/3113/contents/made look at diagram 1017 on page 172 that will tell you what you need to know NO TBAR NO LINE and was there two CPZ signs one on each side of the road as your photos don't show both sides, rules of a cpz state there should be TWO SIGNS ONE ON EACH SIDE OF THE ROAD but again look it up for your self on the above link on page 105