No wages For Two Weeks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been working for my present company for about 14 months and am weekly paid. except for the last 2 weeks none of us have received any wages, according to our employer he has cash flow difficulties.

We were told we were to be paid yesterday, but our wages never appeared. Like everyone, I have bills to pay, rent and council tax to pay and food to buy, none of which i can currently do.... Meanwhile, I have to keep working not knowing when or even if I'm going to get paid. Needless to say, I cannot carry on very long like this, after the end of this week I'll not even be able to afford the fuel to dive to work.

How do I stand on just walking out on the company and signing on, is this likely to be regarded as deliberately leaving the job, or what other options do I have?

The company concerned is a very small limited company which apparently has always had a reputation of living beyond it's means....

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Unfortunately, in my experience, when an employer gets to the point that they are unable/unwilling to even pay their employees it means that the company is in a nose dive.

I'd say the longer this goes on the less chance there is that you'll be paid anything.

I'd suggest that you write a letter to your employer.

Headline it LETTER BEFORE ACTION.

Set out what you are owed and when these payments were due, and give a tight deadline for payment. I'd suggest 24 hours from receipt.

State that if payment is not received you will make an application to the regional office of employment tribunal with a claim of unlawful deduction of wages.

Send the letter by recorded delivery.

Don't threaten to resign, but if you aren't paid, then that's exactly what I suggest you do. If they don't pay up, quit.

Go to the job centre, you might well be able to claim benefit in this circumstance (particularly if you've mouths to feed), and start looking for another job.

I understand it's a difficult and worrying step to take, but I feel you're throwing good money after bad by carrying on.

• Confused 1