Civil Penalty Charge Notice at KFC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm a new young driver and have received a Civil Penalty Charge Notice for parking at a KFC car park when it was not open. I'm a bit worried about the parking ticket as there is no website or phone number on the ticket and when I googled the company name (that is in tiny small print on the ticket) it came up with a website under construction. The only contact details is a PO Box address to send the fine too. The fine is £60 if I pay in 14 days and £80 after that, a bit steep i think!! The only way to pay is cash or cheque too, i don't own a cheque book and really do not want to send cash through the post to a company i can't even find details of online! I think it very unprofessional that I can't ring up and pay by debit card.

They say they saw my car on CCTV and have photographic evidence. The fine got put on my car 5 minutes after I parked there.

The reason for the fine as stated on the ticket was they had checked the 'other' box and written not using venue at time of parking. It was 9am and KFC doesn't open until 11am for all they know i could have been waiting for it to open at that time! I have parked there at this time before and never received a fine before.

I want to know my rights as a driver and if this is a reason to issue such a heavy penalty? I noticed there were 3 cars in the car park including mine and they all had tickets on. For a young woman this amount is petrol and food shopping for a week for me. I thought parking tickets were £20-£30 if paid in 14 days!?

I haven't been down to check if there is a sign or what it says (I sure didn't notice one) and I just wanted to know what my next actions should be? It's been 5 days since I got the fine so I don't know whether to go to the police for help or write to this PO Box address? And if so what would I say? Any help would be very much appreciated I am new to things like this.

Edited by raychno21

Hi,

Yes sorry the company name is Corporate Services Ltd and then has (Hereford) in brackets like that after which is where I'm from. It has a registered number 5752123. This is on a sticker stuck on the back of the parking ticket over other information which I can't see, I don't want to rip the sticker off in case I damage the ticket. The sticker also has the payment amount on.

Hi, this is actually an unenforceable invoice for breaching the terms and conditions of a contract (essentially any signs prominently displayed in the car park). It is not a 'fine' as no private individual or company has the statutory power to fine another individual or company. If it says 'fine' anywhere on the ticket or their signs then they're scuppered. Even if it doesn't, you need to know that the redress under civil contract law (which is what this falls under from a legal perspective) for breaching a contract is limited to their actual losses only, which in a free car park is zero, and NOT £60 or £80. For that reason you should ignore this ticket and do not contact the company involved. Ignore the stupid forllow up letters, no matter how threatening they sound (it is all hot air designed to scare you into paying). DO NOT SEND THEM ANY MONEY.

Hi, Thanks for getting back, yes it is a free car park and it doesn't say fine on the ticket anywhere (just scoured it thoroughly) but "A CIVIL PENALTY CHARGE' or "THE CIVIL PENALTY CHARGE' all over the ticket. If ignoring is the best option rather than replying and arguing with them then I will take that route. I'm going to go down today and check for any signs and take a photo of it too. Also just read on the back that if I want to appeal it has to include a full payment or will be ignored!? I've never heard of having to pay the charge before appealing before, sounds like i'd never see my money again if I did that!

The police won't help you at all with this, they'll say it's a civil matter. It's a simple unenforcable speculative invoice though. It's a free car park so they can't penalise anyone for parking there. You may get a pile of threatening letters but it's all a load of bull, they cannot touch you. Basically just ignore all the letters and they will go away eventually.

• 1 month later...

First post, hello caggers.

Corporate are not even registered with the BPA. See here: britishparking.co.uk/AOS-Members

According to the DVLA, only ATA registered PPC's can apply for keeper details from them, so in other words, Corporate cannot get any details from DVLA.

So unless you contact them they will never contact you.

Are they still using the old 'tickets' with a sticker over the top section on the reverse?

First post, hello caggers.

Corporate are not even registered with the BPA. See here: britishparking.co.uk/AOS-Members

According to the DVLA, only ATA registered PPC's can apply for keeper details from them, so in other words, Corporate cannot get any details from DVLA.

So unless you contact them they will never contact you.

Are they still using the old 'tickets' with a sticker over the top section on the reverse?

If the OP ignores this notice - which I thoroughly endorse, by the way, I would be very interested to learn if Corporate Services do eventually write to him - implying that they have obtained details through DVLA. There is some evidence to suggest that PPC's other than just members of the BPA Approved Operator Scheme are doing so and being provided with data. :!:

• 1 month later...

hi, i have just received one of these civil penalty charge notice, and everything you have said they have done the same to me, said i never used kfc which how would they know? but i am also worried as i do not believe this is a real company ?? did anything happen when you ignored the notices? would be grateful if you could get back too me as would rather pay the £60 than £80...thanks

Hi,

I'm a new young driver and have received a Civil Penalty Charge Notice for parking at a KFC car park when it was not open. I'm a bit worried about the parking ticket as there is no website or phone number on the ticket and when I googled the company name (that is in tiny small print on the ticket) it came up with a website under construction. The only contact details is a PO Box address to send the fine too. The fine is £60 if I pay in 14 days and £80 after that, a bit steep i think!! The only way to pay is cash or cheque too, i don't own a cheque book and really do not want to send cash through the post to a company i can't even find details of online! I think it very unprofessional that I can't ring up and pay by debit card.

They say they saw my car on CCTV and have photographic evidence. The fine got put on my car 5 minutes after I parked there.

The reason for the fine as stated on the ticket was they had checked the 'other' box and written not using venue at time of parking. It was 9am and KFC doesn't open until 11am for all they know i could have been waiting for it to open at that time! I have parked there at this time before and never received a fine before.

I want to know my rights as a driver and if this is a reason to issue such a heavy penalty? I noticed there were 3 cars in the car park including mine and they all had tickets on. For a young woman this amount is petrol and food shopping for a week for me. I thought parking tickets were £20-£30 if paid in 14 days!?

I haven't been down to check if there is a sign or what it says (I sure didn't notice one) and I just wanted to know what my next actions should be? It's been 5 days since I got the fine so I don't know whether to go to the police for help or write to this PO Box address? And if so what would I say? Any help would be very much appreciated I am new to things like this.

Hi

This is the link to their website: http://www.corporate-group.co.uk/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

This is the link to their website: http://www.corporate-group.co.uk/

You just have to laugh. Top right of the page, Police Login.

Looks like others have got the message and not paid them. They appear to be in negative equity:

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/05752123

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

• 8 months later...

I realise im digging up an old thread, but Id like to say thanks to everyone who contributed to it...

As it happens I got a ticket from the same company, in the same carpark (kfc) in hereford, and it got issued no more than 4 minutes after id parked!

Im going to take your advice and ignore it, but I was wondering that if they do manage to get my address from the DVLA, have they done this illegally?

Thanks. T.

We would like to hear from anyone who has received a letter from this company - which would indicate that they had obtained your personal details from DVLA.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, Thanks for getting back, yes it is a free car park and it doesn't say fine on the ticket anywhere (just scoured it thoroughly) but "A CIVIL PENALTY CHARGE' or "THE CIVIL PENALTY CHARGE' all over the ticket. If ignoring is the best option rather than replying and arguing with them then I will take that route. I'm going to go down today and check for any signs and take a photo of it too. Also just read on the back that if I want to appeal it has to include a full payment or will be ignored!? I've never heard of having to pay the charge before appealing before, sounds like i'd never see my money again if I did that!

Hi

Just wondering if you ever had any comeback on this? I've just got one of these and don't know whether to ignore it? Thanks

I realise im digging up an old thread, but Id like to say thanks to everyone who contributed to it...

As it happens I got a ticket from the same company, in the same carpark (kfc) in hereford, and it got issued no more than 4 minutes after id parked!

Im going to take your advice and ignore it, but I was wondering that if they do manage to get my address from the DVLA, have they done this illegally?

Thanks. T.

Hi

Just got one of these! Have you ignored? Any comeback at all??

• 1 month later...

Hi again. Just to let you all know that I did nothing since receiving the ticket in KFC hereford.... and I have heard nothing. If you google the company, they are operating illegally, not even registered with the British Parking Association and are in serious negative equity. I doubt that the person who issues the ticket even wears a uniform! I believe they also operate in the Courtyard car park!

It is all scare tactics! Do not cave in, it is all a [problem]... I am more annoyed that an illegal company is allowed to operate so blatantly in very public places such as KFC! One letter to the HFD Times coming up....