I failed the Atos medical. What do I do now?

honeybee13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a call from the DWP this evening at 7.30pm advising me that I have an ATOS medical on the 31 March 2012...really feeling quite gloomy about this as I am current;ly going through divorce & repossession proceedings...so could have done without this bombshell at the moment...but understand that sooner or later it has to be done.

Last medical I had was approx 4-5 years ago and I failed...I appealed which took approx 6 months and won my appeal. I am dreading going through all that palava again and would like any help ot advice about how and what to do this time...my medical & atos form was quite detailed with what is wrong with me so...thanks in advance for any tips

Oh dear just read the title :oops: this is for failed medicals!!

Hi HB13...I think it would be good if there was some information for people going and gettiung repared prior to a medical test...maybe some points and tips of do's and don't's.

I know the rules on welfare benefits have changed but don't know much about the medical tests as my last one which I thought went alright...but turned out a complete nightmare and if I had to go through all of that again...that would be like another nail in the coffin.

Hi HB13...I think it would be good if there was some information for people going and gettiung repared prior to a medical test...maybe some points and tips of do's and don't's.

I know the rules on welfare benefits have changed but don't know much about the medical tests as my last one which I thought went alright...but turned out a complete nightmare and if I had to go through all of that again...that would be like another nail in the coffin.

Hello again. We call it a 'medical' here. Atos do an assessment of what you're able to do, they say. A read around the forum will tell you how the computer system seems to reinterpret the facts.

Have you read leemack's forum sticky about how to answer the questions to give yourself the best chance? I think it's well worth a read.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum