Lords veto welfare reform bill with votes against on 3 proposals

MARTIN3030
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Mikey Dabodee. I work a 50 hour week and earn a lot less than £26k before tax. I couldn't afford to smoke 200 fags and drink 24 cans a week, even if I wanted to, and I don't have Sky TV. I thought benefits were supposed to help you out of a hole when you've fallen on hard times, not be a lifestyle choice. Ironically Raymond's cigarettes cost about the same amount weekly as his rent!

Exactly Paul. Yes there will be a lot of opposition to this change from people currently on benifits. But I hope the normally silent majority like you and I make their voices heard too. Incidentally the £26k talked about is actually the total sum awarded after any tax deductions. So for you to be getting the same amount you would have to be earning circa £35k.

Saw Sue Marsh post this on her Twitter feed and I thought I'd post It here.

Please sign this online petition asking for the Queen to withhold the royal assent for this heinous welfare reform bill. Please pass this link along the line to anyone who you think might be interested. Every little helps.

http://withholdtheroyalassent.org/