Nationwide Credit Card debt with Fredrickson Int Ltd and Bryan Carter

bohomiz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This really needs to be reported to the Office of Fair Trading.

I agree, this kind of intimidation has already been subject to some considerable criticism.

Even if there has been a court judgement and you had failed to comply with it, they would still have to seek a warrant before instructing a bailiff.

CB is spot on a report to the OFT and because it can be proactive on the censure of companies a report/complaint to the FCA would be in order.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

someone has uploaded the wrong I&E sheet

opps simple admin error , sorry OFT.

didn't mean it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This is quite odd, the fee they have sent looks very much like the fee's they collect for council tax.

I wonder how they are going to wriggle out of this one.

Debt collectors cannot charge a fee and cannot send out a bailiff unless it has gone to court, which would mean those fee's wouldnt apply anyway.

I agree, a complaint to OFT and possibly the Financial Ombudsman.

Not sure what Rossendales are playing at here.

Hello Everyone

Thank you so much for your time in replying to my message - it is much appreciated.

I have not and never received any court letters, and if I had I would have come on to this site immediately for advice, which I'm sure you know.

So - I'm all for writing and sending letters to OFT &c., so any and all help in regards to composing letters and where to send them is great with me :lol:. I'm all for it. Do CAG have any templates I can use for such letters?

As always, I am very grateful to you for your knowledge and time on this matter.

With thanks.

BM

I don't think there are any template letters.. I will give some thought to a draft for you and pop it up later on today :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi BM.

If you go to the OFT website you should be able to down load their form which is already formatted and very easy to complete.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I take Bryan Carter had this debt? have you moved home in the last few years ? BC is well known for getting default CCJ at a previous address

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I take Bryan Carter had this debt? have you moved home in the last few years ? BC is well known for getting default CCJ at a previous address

Hello Ell-enn

Thank you for replying.

If my memory serves, yes Bryan Carter did have this debt, along with Fredrickson International/Wescott/Moorcroft (who never actually wrote to me about the debt. It looks as though they passed it back before contacting me about it). Arrow Global are in the control seat with it.

And yes again - I moved location and house in May 2009.

What you asked - does that make a huge difference in my situation?

With thanks.

BM.

Hi BM.

If you go to the OFT website you should be able to down load their form which is already formatted and very easy to complete.

Hi Brig

Thanks for replying.

Would you be kind enough to point me in the right direction. I've been on to the website but I don't know what it is I'm supposed to look for.

With thanks.

BM

I'm just wondering if BC got a CC J by default at your last address

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I don't think there are any template letters.. I will give some thought to a draft for you and pop it up later on today :)

The attachments show an Income & Expenditure but most worryingly....a copy of the Statutory Fee Scale for the enforcement of unpaid council tax by bailiffs !!!

This cannot be right at all and a civil date such as this cannot be subject to BAILIFF action. Have you spoken to Rossendales about this and queried why they are stating that bailiff action may be takne and why they have referred to a statutory fee scale that can ONLY be applied by certificated bailiffs enforcing debt dues to a GOVERNMENT AGENCY ....

The attachments show an Income & Expenditure but most worryingly....a copy of the Statutory Fee Scale for the enforcement of unpaid council tax by bailiffs !!!

This cannot be right at all and a civil date such as this cannot be subject to BAILIFF action. Have you spoken to Rossendales about this and queried why they are stating that bailiff action may be takne and why they have referred to a statutory fee scale that can ONLY be applied by certificated bailiffs enforcing debt dues to a GOVERNMENT AGENCY ....

Hello tomtubby

Thank you very much for your time and input on my current situation - it is much appreciated.

I have not and never spoken with Rossendales, only communicated via letter, mainly because they are a DCA (I got my fingers burnt to the bone when I telephoned Fredrickson's in error - long before I heard of CAG), but also because I don't have a telephone - landline or mobile, because I hate telephones.

'The' moment I read the letter, I came online and sent a message to CAG with the PDF uploads. I didn't sit on this at all. In fact, 'the' moment I receive any letter from Rossendales I am on this site asking for help :oops:, for which I am grateful for.

Their letter states they are still working on my complaint, which is in regards to them not sending me a CCA in the allotted time frame. I was assuming when I received this it was just a scare tactic, but now I am becoming rather nervous about it.

As always, any advice and help is always gratefully received, and I thank everyone in advance.

With thanks.

BM.

I'm just wondering if BC got a CC J by default at your last address

Hello Ell-enn

Thank you for replying - it is much appreciated.

If BC had sent me a CCJ, when I was tracked down by Fredrickson's, would this not have been 'the' first thing they would have done? I'm just asking because I don't know how all this works, although I like to think I'm learning :lol:.

I've looked at my credit reference file, although that was some time ago because I cannot afford to do this often (Credit Expert), and there was nothing on my account showing.

With thanks.

BM

Hello All

Any chance of some advice on this situation as if possible I would like to write to the OFT in regards to this.

Brig: can you please point me in the direction of a the form you mentioned so that I can check it out. Thank you.

BM.

www.oft.gov.uk/complaints

Hi BM, Try Noddle for a free credit report it may be more up to date than your last one.

www.oft.gov.uk/complaints

Hi BM, Try Noddle for a free credit report it may be more up to date than your last one.

Hi Brig

Thank you for replying - much appreciated.

Unfortunately the OFT link you gave is no longer accessible, and the NOODLE site won't accept my details/application,

even though all details are correct (apart from the date of one of my addresses because the site won't allow me to use correct dates,

and that I'm using an out of date mobile telephone number because I no longer have and use a telephone in general.

I don't like them and I can't afford to run one).

Any additional help/advice is greatly appreciated.

With thanks.

BM.

All you need do is to pop OFT - Complaints into a google search !! Anyway, the link is below.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/about-the-oft/legal-powers/legal/competition-act-1998/complaints#.UgtsMZJwY5s

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

enquiries@oft.gsi.gov.uk or

OFT Enquiries and Reporting Centre

Fleet Bank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX.

FAO the Debt Collection Team.

enquiries@oft.gsi.gov.uk or

OFT Enquiries and Reporting Centre

Fleet Bank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX.

FAO the Debt Collection Team.

Hi Brig

Thank you very much for the information - much appreciated.

When I write to the the OFT, should I tell them everything - when I took the credit card out, reason for not paying it back, Fredricksons threatening me on the phone 3 years ago, or just the Rossendales incident? Also, should I enclose attachments, such as a copy of the Fredricksons account payments made, the recent 'statements' from 'NW', the I&E letter from Rossendales. I've not had to do this before so need to make sure I dot the 'i's and cross the 't's as it were.

Thank you again for your continual help - it is much appreciated.

BM.

P.S. I typed in to Google 'Are Rossendales debt collection agency a bailiff also' and it brought up Rossendales/bailiff links regarding council tax. I saw nothing about cc debt. Just asking.

You need to keep your complaint to relevant issues only.

If you do a brief summary and then bullet point all the issues, the I&E statement and the Council Tax charges should be copied to them for sure.

You need to point out that those two documents have no relevance to an account covered by the Consumer Credit Act, nor would bailiffs be called to collect.

If you want to draft something and post it up for proof reading, we can then offer further advice on how to get your point over.

BCOBS

Good Morning All

I received this letter from Rotterdales yesterday but only picked it up a few minutes ago. Instead of typing it out I decided to scan it, remove all personal information, and upload as a PDF. I apologise but I do not know how to condense it in to one file.

So they have given the name of the debt purchasing agency, and also acknowledged that the debt is less than the £1622.42 (approx) that is still apparently showing on statements.

What do I do now? The date for the info required passed ages ago (CCA request). At the time they (Rotterdales) had time to get the CCA sorted out. Are they buying (excuse the pun) time?

As usual, any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

I'm feeling all nervous and overwhelmed again. And sick in my stomach :yuck:. Blurgh.

With thanks in advance.

BM.

Ok, well you know for sure the proper balance now - I think all you can do is to let them get on with providing a copy of that agreement.

When they say they provided "copy statements" were they proper copies of statements or just a list of payments made ?

BCOBS

Hi Citizen B

Thank you for replying - much appreciated.

I actually have the statements on CAG on this topic - Page 9, #161. It's the first message. There is one PDF file containing 5 pages and these statements are on there. All I did was remove my personal details - everything else.

Thank you in advance.

BM.