Help with extra charges on cash genie loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well to and thrrowing with Emails. Just an update. I am now on my 5th person dealing with my case. Once again offered original loan and 1 months intrest. Funnily no reply !!! Not sure if saying that for the umptenith time that i will only discuss by email or writing, as once a agin for the millionth time they asked for a number to contact me. So glad i keep all my emails !!!:-)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Merbie13

This is Cash Genie/Carter Forbes standard tricks...

they let you get stressed out of your mind by ignoring your offers but like to send threatening e-mails as well as their "Offers of Help" - which they ignore when you reply to.

I`ve been throught the grinder with this bunch in the past, until I got so annoyed I contacted the OFT and reported them - allowing them to see their own e-mails forwarded to the OFT. Amazingly this makes the morons fall into line...

Tell them you will be paying X amount each month on the X (date) until the balance of (insert loan and 1 month amount) is cleared. State this is all you can offer and you will be forwarding any future correspondence to the OFT as you are trying to come to an agreement and are being mucked around. Do NOT give any card details, even tho they ask all the time. Tell them you will pay by standing order or BACS transfer on the date agreed. I told them i didn`t trust them as I knew they raid bank accounts via debit cards ;)

I pay them £5 a month.

Edited by BreakFree

When you contact OFT is it best to do in email or writing ? Ive still had no reply to my email. Part of me wishes that they took me to court so i can provide the judge with all the letters i have sent and copies of the emails i have too. !!! There defintly not stressing me out anymore, i think its quite funny that there behaviour is so applalling !!:-)

You can do either. They both achieve the same thing.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 months later...

well just an update. several emails to an throw. but syill not excepting my offer. but the funny thing is i got a text the other day from them saying my loan is ready and to contact them. hahahaha! do they not relise i keep all letters, emails and texts, that one would lokk good if it went to court !! :lol:

• 1 month later...

Well still tooing and throwing with Emails with this company , lots of of different offers to help me clear this but still not excepting my offer of original loan and one months intrest! Latest text from them was to call them for good news on my account, without contact we may need to speak to you at work !!! Well i call that a threat. Do they not realise that people keep all emails and texts etc. Im sure a judge will be intrested to read all that they send !!! :-)

This is STILL ongoing? Wow.... I'd make them a final offer of what you can pay each month for the original loan amount plus one month's interest and start paying that to them.

It's good to see though that you're in a much better frame of mind than a year ago, and I hope you manage to get rid of them :)

Edited by markosoft82

Pay them the £182 (minus any payment already made) at whatever rate you can afford even against their will, then just tell them to shove off.

If they then ever took you to Court the Court would just laugh at their demands for more.