Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

is there anyway you can get your ingeus advisor to forget about you and not give you as many appointments?

By any legal and/or moral means, the answer I'm afraid is no.

You could try asking and state the frequency of appointments is inappropriate to your circumstances or needs. Don't expect a satisfactory response, and if by any chance you do get an agreement, it will most likely be ignored when a new "adviser" takes over.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By any legal and/or moral means, the answer I'm afraid is no.

You could try asking and state the frequency of appointments is inappropriate to your circumstances or needs. Don't expect a satisfactory response, and if by any chance you do get an agreement, it will most likely be ignored when a new "adviser" takes over.

i heard that sometimes your advisor can forget about you as so to speak and you don't get an appointment for weeks or months on end sometimes.

i heard that sometimes your advisor can forget about you as so to speak and you don't get an appointment for weeks or months on end sometimes.

If you are lucky

I think the forgotten ones are the ones with what Ingeus see as zero profit people as they'll focus I those they can make a profit from

If you are lucky

I think the forgotten ones are the ones with what Ingeus see as zero profit people as they'll focus I those they can make a profit from

are people who have withdrawn their consent considered zero profit people?

are people who have withdrawn their consent considered zero profit people?

No, because the DWP remain the data controller, and will share information with the provider with or without your consent. There is a live memo published by the DWP that outlines the legal position (or rather, their opinion).

If you are lucky

bit like me..i'm finished in 6 weeks with them,had 5 different advisors only been 7 times in 2 years. the last 2 just used to phone me up every 5 weeks and ask if i was working. got to go in next month for my exit interview..i'm 60 and in poor health by the way

bit like me..i'm finished in 6 weeks with them,had 5 different advisors only been 7 times in 2 years. the last 2 just used to phone me up every 5 weeks and ask if i was working. got to go in next month for my exit interview..i'm 60 and in poor health by the way

I am sorry to hear about your health

I had 7 advisers Oi think and got stuck with going

what would happen if everyone on the WP with every provider all withdrew their consent?

Absolutely nothing. It would be business as normal for providers. For further details, I refer you to the following two live memos issued by the DWP:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wp134-provider-memo-claimant-consent

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wp139-provider-memo-claimant-consent-before-contacting-an-employer

Should sufficient numbers of the exempted claimant groups withdraw consent, the DWP will seek an updated Designation Order that allows providers to use/abuse all data.

The simple answer is: If you do not want a WP provider to have access to certain pieces of personal information, do not give it to the JCP/DWP.

thats disgusting, its just goes to show how corrupt the DWP really are sad.gif

Not really, if you think about it.

The DWP have sub contracted the Work Programme to a selection of providers, who were getting shafted by claimants refusing to sign the data waiver.

The DWP have simply removed a barrier to their 'subbies' getting paid.

It's all part and parcel of the ongoing battle, claimants will just have to be more inventive.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Not really, if you think about it.

The DWP have sub contracted the Work Programme to a selection of providers, who were getting shafted by claimants refusing to sign the data waiver.

The DWP have simply removed a barrier to their 'subbies' getting paid.

It's all part and parcel of the ongoing battle, claimants will just have to be more inventive.

i don't want some provider been able to sent my c/v to any tom dick or harry, imo the providers don't deserve to be getting subsidies as they do a very poor job at finding people decent jobs.

i don't want some provider been able to sent my c/v to any tom dick or harry, imo the providers don't deserve to be getting subsidies as they do a very poor job at finding people decent jobs.

I agree with you, but it won't stop the DWP making the providers lives as easy as possible.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

thats disgusting, its just goes to show how corrupt the DWP really are :(

I have to agree with osdset - corruption implies secrecy, whereas in this case it's being done very openly. The system the present government has designed (and which is built on the ideas of the last government, lest anyone think I'm being party policital) will only function if the private providers can get paid for work that they, for the most part, did not do. Claimants withdrawing consent interferes with that process.

As such the government has quite shamelessly changed the rules. This shouldn't come as a surprise - bear in mind, this is a government that was prepared to retrospectively legalise its own breaches of the law.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I registered just to post in this topic.

I'm currently attempting to open my very own business (turning a hobby into self employment - selling comics) and it was Ingeus who gave me the inspiration to do this.

It's quite a task to set up your own business, especially if it's e-commerce which I think my adviser fails to understand. He's pressuring me right now with this statement.

"You need to put in the first order of comics and go self employed, because your adviser is going to change soon and you'll have to start attending group sessions"

This is just barbaric. I have a 6 month old daughter and wife to cater for and I'm on JSA. I'm an ex-senior web designer & video game designer. The reason for this is, is that the first issue of Comics has to be £300 and I get approximately £225 every two weeks from JSA. I'm under incredible strain from Ingeus pushing me into self employment when I have yet to test the waters with selling comics as a business (surely a trial basis is allowed?) and I worry going into self employment at the chance of it not making money I won't be able to provide for my daughter/wife's needs, I'm not bothered about mine.

So what I have been doing for the last 4-5 months is taking bits out of the money and buy the odd start up material and saving bits together for that initial £300 order (required by my comic wholesaler). My adviser wants to have a 'serious' talk this Thursday with me regarding everything so what I've opted to do is write up all my needs and current situations with everything (Need new passport for business account, which is also required etc) and then what could he possibly say?

My worry is these 'group sessions', I've been in one before - they're awful and I know pretty much everything they're about to tell me - I'm not an idiot and neither are the people in the rooms so I feel it would be nothing but a time waste and money drain (taxi fair) on my part which ultimately effects the self employment.

It's this constant nagging and not understanding from my adviser that bothers me I'm incredibly depressed and it's effecting my health with it. I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on my I guess 'problematic adviser'.

Regards,

I don't think anyone knows that yet.

The MWA lady made it sound like that was what's due

I hope not but they seem to be determined to punish the unemployed as much as possible plus make the providers as much money as possible

I'm currently attempting to open my very own business (turning a hobby into self employment - selling comics) and it was Ingeus who gave me the inspiration to do this.

It's quite a task to set up your own business, especially if it's e-commerce which I think my adviser fails to understand. He's pressuring me right now with this statement.

"You need to put in the first order of comics and go self employed, because your adviser is going to change soon and you'll have to start attending group sessions"

This is just barbaric. I have a 6 month old daughter and wife to cater for and I'm on JSA. I'm an ex-senior web designer & video game designer. The reason for this is, is that the first issue of Comics has to be £300 and I get approximately £225 every two weeks from JSA. I'm under incredible strain from Ingeus pushing me into self employment when I have yet to test the waters with selling comics as a business (surely a trial basis is allowed?) and I worry going into self employment at the chance of it not making money I won't be able to provide for my daughter/wife's needs, I'm not bothered about mine.

So what I have been doing for the last 4-5 months is taking bits out of the money and buy the odd start up material and saving bits together for that initial £300 order (required by my comic wholesaler). My adviser wants to have a 'serious' talk this Thursday with me regarding everything so what I've opted to do is write up all my needs and current situations with everything (Need new passport for business account, which is also required etc) and then what could he possibly say?

My worry is these 'group sessions', I've been in one before - they're awful and I know pretty much everything they're about to tell me - I'm not an idiot and neither are the people in the rooms so I feel it would be nothing but a time waste and money drain (taxi fair) on my part which ultimately effects the self employment.

It's this constant nagging and not understanding from my adviser that bothers me I'm incredibly depressed and it's effecting my health with it. I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on my I guess 'problematic adviser'.

Regards,

Your adviser sounds typical in my experience unfortunately

Many seem to have little to nothing in people skills

I'm under incredible strain from Ingeus pushing me into self employment when I have yet to test the waters with selling comics as a business (surely a trial basis is allowed?) and I worry going into self employment at the chance of it not making money I won't be able to provide for my daughter/wife's needs, I'm not bothered about mine.

The desire to push you into self employment is understandable when you examine their funding model - They only get paid once you have signed off, so even unsustainable s/e gets them a payout. Their experience of setting yp and running a small business will be extremely limited and I have grave concerns that they could differentiate between a viable idea and a crackpot one doomed to failure - No business venture will return a good profit margin from day one, so you are right in wanting to test the waters first.

Perhaps your first question on Thursday should be "what experience do you have in starting up a profitable small business ?"

Pick out the B.S. and take it from there. As for the "group sessions", ask them to explain how they are appropriate to your circumstances and needs. Chances are, it will be "supervised" job searches or more inane CV writing sessions.

Regards,

Tell them you have changed your mind regarding self employment, if they don't offer any help, it's too much hassle, no funding, no capital etc they tried to push me back into it, then off your own back quietly test the water yourself if it's what you really want to do.

Once you register with the tax man and tell him that you are starting a business you are committed so be wary, although you wont lose anything in a bad year you may not make anything either so how will you live?

I have run my own business for a number of years, and yes it was hard at times but very satisfying being your own boss, the problem with any business is getting enough customers, get this right and you're laughing:-)

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

The desire to push you into self employment is understandable when you examine their funding model - They only get paid once you have signed off, so even unsustainable s/e gets them a payout. Their experience of setting yp and running a small business will be extremely limited and I have grave concerns that they could differentiate between a viable idea and a crackpot one doomed to failure - No business venture will return a good profit margin from day one, so you are right in wanting to test the waters first.

Perhaps your first question on Thursday should be "what experience do you have in starting up a profitable small business ?"

Pick out the B.S. and take it from there. As for the "group sessions", ask them to explain how they are appropriate to your circumstances and needs. Chances are, it will be "supervised" job searches or more inane CV writing sessions.

Get a receipt for your taxi fare (is it possible to get a return fare?). The provider is obliged to refund you the cost of travel (by public transport).

Other than that I would be inclined to tell them that I had dropped the idea of self employment but continue to pursue your idea under your own steam. It seems unlikely that they would add anything to your enterprise so why let them profit from it? I would do the "trial" on the QT too and, in the unlikely event of being challenged by anyone about I, explain it as a hobby.

I partially agree with Bakatcha, but during the trial period keep detailed records as you don't want the taxman coming back after you.

WH Smiths and other stationery suppliers do a very good book for self-employed, and it gives you a basis for seeing how much you can actually reclaim from the taxman too.

I've got to fill in my first tax return, despite only starting my self-employed stuff on the 16th December, so my first return is a loss - I am also working 37.50 hours a week from next week so have an income in the meantime, it is possible to have a full time and self employed job.

My self-employment is selling craft stuff and cardmaking, which I can do in between temp jobs. I know I have a couple of good products and they don't take long to make, and can be sold at a nice profit - so I am 'taking the plunge'.

It is scary but there is help outside the Work Providers - if you are over 50 try the Princes Trust, they have a lot of courses and advice and plenty of free software available for small businesses. It is more the Princes Trust site that has helped me than anything else.

At 56 I am deemed not to be a 'viable proposition' for many banks to lend money to, or for the return to work schemes - so I still have to work to pay the bills until the business takes off.

I wouldn't recommend doing things on the QT as the taxman has ways now of catching you out - there was a thing in the papers today about a couple they chased for tax who hadn't done anything wrong, just some tax employee trying to make a name for themselves.

Try to cover your back as much as possible, keep receipts etc in a folder on a monthly basis and write your books up once a week - that way you should stay on top. I find Sunday evening about 5-7 is an ideal time to do bookwork, as it is a 'dead' time for me. Doing things weekly soon becomes a habit and you can stay on top.

Good luck and hope to hear of your success.