Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks flumps. I guess since I'm there I'll try to make the most of the course.

I've suffered with selective mutism since I was a child, that's why I wouldn't consider working in retail - I struggle hugely with communicating and I'm generally awkward and uncomfortable around people. So I don't think shop work or telesales would be good for me, since I struggle to speak and feel huge amounts of anxiety and stress when I do come into contact with people.

I chose to work in veterinary nursing - or any other animal care job - because I feel comfortable and confident when I'm around animals, and can freely talk about them.

I'm aware there aren't many other job opportunities in this sector that's why I am looking in other areas, I just couldn't think of anything worse then retail. The JCP and Ingeus are both aware of my problem and my feelings, but it's obvious they aren't too bothered.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, if I failed it would they not just make me redo the course? I really just wanted to get back to volunteering - in a sector I'm actually interested in working in.

Have you registered your volunteering work with the jobcentre? If not, doing so would limit the sorts of work-related activities that Ingeus could mandate you to attend.

If the organisation you volunteer with is a registered charity, you need to ask for a VOLWORK1 form. If they're not a registered charity, you'll need a J15C form.

Tip: When you hand in the completed form to the jobcentre, ask them to stamp & sign it as recieved and get a photocopy (tell them your adviser has asked for a copy) and keep it to hand.

In addition, if you have signed the employer contact consent form, send a letter of withdrawal to Ingeus. That way, they can't pester the organisation you're volunteering at, or try and claim any payments for your 'work-related placement'

I've used volunteering as both a CV enhancer and a sanity-saver whilst I was on JSA, plus it effectively parked me with the WP.

Your Ingeus advisor may try and challenge you and say that you have to give up your position, or threaten sanctions if you don't, but as long as you can stand your ground and tell them by doing so, makes you more employable (and it does) they'll likely leave you alone to get on with it.

Hope that helps :)

• Haha 1

Looks like my time at the sub pimp has ended, towards the end they kept cancelling appointments, I suppose they have got their cut & were not bothered anymore, concentrating on their new intake. Waste of time overall but not too much hassle.

Now I'm back at Ingeus, who send me appointments by text after office hours at 21.00, expecting me to arrive the next morning sharp at 9.00. Not the decency of a phone call to check when I'm available beforehand. I complained when I next attended but they just pass you around to the next advisor.

Now, at my last interview, I've been told that if I must send my CV to their advisor so they can pimp me to prospective employers without any screening from me. When I mentioned that I wanted to be consulted beforehand & didn't want to have my CV & details on their database the advisor threatened me with being forced to attend every day for jobsearch & possible sanctions.

I'm supposed to Email the advisor my CV before my appointment at the end of the month or else!!!

Looks like my time at the sub pimp has ended, towards the end they kept cancelling appointments, I suppose they have got their cut & were not bothered anymore, concentrating on their new intake. Waste of time overall but not too much hassle.

Now I'm back at Ingeus, who send me appointments by text after office hours at 21.00, expecting me to arrive the next morning sharp at 9.00. Not the decency of a phone call to check when I'm available beforehand. I complained when I next attended but they just pass you around to the next advisor.

Now, at my last interview, I've been told that if I must send my CV to their advisor so they can pimp me to prospective employers without any screening from me. When I mentioned that I wanted to be consulted beforehand & didn't want to have my CV & details on their database the advisor threatened me with being forced to attend every day for jobsearch & possible sanctions.

I'm supposed to Email the advisor my CV before my appointment at the end of the month or else!!!

As has been well documented here and elsewhere you are within your rights not to provide them with a CV. I suspect the threat of daily attendance is a hollow one - they will have to pay each day's travelling expenses and they won't like that! Furthermore each attendance will have to be the subject of a separate Mandatory Activity Notification (since only one activity per MAN is allowed). I cannot see them getting this right.

You have made some mistakes!: Why do they know your mobile number? Insist that they delete this from their records saying that it is no longer valid and you won't answer or receive text messages on it. Tell them that you wish to be communicated with by letter in future. If you haven't done so already withdraw your consent (see wording earlier on this thread). Do not e-mail your CV - they have no right to hold it. If challenged offer to show them a paper copy but insist that it is returned to you without being copied. Do all this in writing and keep a copy of your letter.

The lesson here is that all this is easier to accomplish right at the start of the WP sentence. It is harder to get the cats back into the bag than it is to keep the bag shut in the first place.

does anyone know what happens at the ingeus confidence workshop so i know what to expect? it doesn't involve talking in front of the group does it?

I got put on one of them by my advisor at the time who said she couldn't do it because she was off that week, (which she said about 5 times) and it was cancelled 2 hours before I was to be there for it, I. Took it as they couldn't be bothered

I got put on one of them by my advisor at the time who said she couldn't do it because she was off that week, (which she said about 5 times) and it was cancelled 2 hours before I was to be there for it, I. Took it as they couldn't be bothered

i'm just worried i'll have to speak in front of a group of people, i'm no good at that :(

i'm just worried i'll have to speak in front of a group of people, i'm no good at that :(

I was put on it because I failed a group activity for a job with clients at ingeus and a typical ingeus member if staff who loved himself, I didn't have then confidence at the time, and I suffer from anxiety, as much as i apologised the advisor was still annoyed, but I think it might be something with other people, I'm not %100 though

I was put on it because I failed a group activity for a job with clients at ingeus and a typical ingeus member if staff who loved himself, I didn't have then confidence at the time, and I suffer from anxiety, as much as i apologised the advisor was still annoyed, but I think it might be something with other people, I'm not %100 though

i don't mind if its in a group as long as all i have to do is sit and listen, i suffer from anxiety to and most situations make me me nervous.

i don't mind if its in a group as long as all i have to do is sit and listen, i suffer from anxiety to and most situations make me me nervous.

There will be other people there in the same boat as you, it shouldnt be that bad i think, does anyone else know why an advisor would cancel one if these 2 hours prior to attending it?

There will be other people there in the same boat as you, it shouldnt be that bad i think, does anyone else know why an advisor would cancel one if these 2 hours prior to attending it?

You're confusing these organisations with some other one that knows what it's doing!

I am sure that Welfare To Work Clerks, currently working within Ingeus, would gain huge benefits in their skill level by becoming an Apprentice... to say some soux chef within a Fast Food Restaurant.

It's hard to get into that job and some ingeus would struggle as they don't have the people skills

Dear All,

After 8 months with Ingeus, in which time I have had an adviser who has seen me six times and been as stimulating, helpful and insightful as a garden slug, I am now being moved to a new adviser.

In my last meeting with Ms Slug, she said the Ingeus programme was modular, that I was being transferred to a new adviser, and that they may put me on a Work Placement "though she didn't think it was suitable in my case". She then printed off a list of providers of 'vocational routeways' in West London. From my personal perspective the word 'vocational' is gloriously ironic as none of the providers cater for my skills, my previous vocational and career pathways, or qualifications, let alone my interests. So we are basically talking about inter-agency contractual deals for slave consignments. I do not relish the idea of being 'taught' how to stock shelves after a professional career of twenty years and paraprofessional work of about seven. I wondered if anyone has any information about what happens if one is assigned to a sub pimp agency? Are people sent individually or are they lumped together in cohorts? Anyone know the nature of the terms of these deals? Particularly my 'value', and whether it would be worthwhile Ingeus's bother to pimp me.

I'd be willing to contribute more of my details if they would help people to assess the situation. Like most long-term unemployed, my situation is of a complexity that simply confuses and infuriates Ms Slug and the other Igneus advisers (they attempt to cut the perceived Gordian knot but there is no worthy Alexander among the lot of them).

Any information before the 24th would be encouraging. Thanks in anticipation.

How long do advisors normally last at the job? Heard they go through a lot of staff

I've been on WP since last May ..ish, and I'm on my 4th 'advisor'. One of the first 3 is still there in a different role but there's no sign of the other 2 :lol:

I've been on WP since last May ..ish, and I'm on my 4th 'advisor'. One of the first 3 is still there in a different role but there's no sign of the other 2 :lol:

A 4th advisor??? How come your on your 4th? Did they throw you from pillow to post? I was there 7 months and had 1 advisor, I thought they changed your advisor every 6 months

A 4th advisor??? How come your on your 4th? Did they throw you from pillow to post? I was there 7 months and had 1 advisor, I thought they changed your advisor every 6 months

It's not just a question of them changing your adviser, there's also huge staff turnover.

You have to remember that these jobs are essentially sales jobs and there are targets to meet. I am sure that a lot of new recruits fail to reach their targets and are quickly shown the door, the more astute see the writing on the cell walls and move on before shoe leather can be forcefully applied to posteriors.

I have a £50 HMV voucher, I was going to buy a new Xbox game today...

My vouchers were declined!...

Iv'e read on a webpage that Deloitte have helped HMV out???

Does this mean that I now ask Ingeus for my money back? hahahahaha