Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The second one was likely permission to hold your CV on their system.

How did they make you sign? Were they putting serious pressure on you? If so put in a complaint to the DWP.

they basically gave me a situation where by they couldn't put me forward for jobs unless i signed, then he said we're on your side.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@G4C389...

Would you really want to use your Advisors pen? Really, would you?

How many people wash their hands these days when using the bathroom...

I see what you mean yes, hygiene is vital, in the WP I seem more (ill choose my words carefully) drug or ex drug addicts, now I wouldn't want to share a pen with them yes, but I'm a respectable young lad and ALWAYS wash my hands, I know the advisor doesn't know that but if I was an advisor I wouldn't mind sharing a pen with respectable people, but please (flumps) don't take any offence to this but not sharing it with your husband? Hygienes hygiene yes but your husband? I see what you mean though, a pen is a personal item, you would eat off the same plate as your husband etc, but a pen, please dont take offence I don't mean it like that

they basically gave me a situation where by they couldn't put me forward for jobs unless i signed, then he said we're on your side.

Well joeski, what you describe isn't really bullying. To some extent it's true what they say. Without your permission i.e. if you don't sign the waiver, they can't send your CV out. Nor can they make a claim for payment should you get a job. However there is nothing wrong with telling them that you are willing to send your CV yourself, if you think the opportunity (or opportunities) is right for you. All they have to do is give you details of the job(s) that they have and who at the employer to send your CV and covering letter to. Sit back and enjoy the ensuing silence.

Well I'm not sure how they "forced" you! I know they can be bullies but you have the right not to sign. You also have the right to change your mind. This is a draft wording that should do the trick:

Re: Data waiver agreement under the Data Protection Act 1998

Don't worry too much if they refuse to acknowledge receipt - the letter is still valid. Keep a copy for your records,

is this right?

Dear Ingeus,

As you are aware I have signed the data waiver/consent form thus authorising

Ingeus to share my data with other bodies including potential and actual

employers. You should also be aware that I have the right to withdraw this

consent at any time without giving reasons or explanations.

I understand that such withdrawal does not effect my placement on the Work

Programme or any employment or offer of employment made.

Please take this letter as notification of the withdrawal of my consent with

immediate effect and alter your records to show that my data sharing consent has

been withdrawn. Please sign and date the copy of this letter to acknowledge

that it has been received by Ingeus and my instructions will be acted upon.

Yours sincerely,

my name

I acknowledge receipt of the withdrawal of consent and confirm that it will

be acted upon without delay.

Signed :……………………………. on behalf of Ingeus

Name: Ingeus advisors name

Job Description: Ingeus advisors job description

Edited by joeski

I would give myself the pleasure of delivering it to the adviser in person.

Take 2 copies - one for him/her and one for him/her to sign as acknowledgement of receipt and return to you.

Don't worry if they refuse to sign - it makes you declining to sign anything they want you to sign all the more reasonable!

thanks i will, i'm happy for them to give me positions to apply for but not for them to send my c/v anywhere so thats why i'm withdrawing consent.

i wish getting a job was as easy as making a cup of tea, i suffer from anxiety and i over worry about almost everything. getting ingeus to sign the form withdrawing my consent and the whole WP has sent my worrying into overdrive :rain:

I suffer from anxiety too, when I withdrawn consent I addressed it to the manager and as I said to Nimitz was worried a lot about how he/she would react to it (sulked like Nimitz said) and would it go on to my old advisor even though I hadn't been there for 6 months after finding work, I didnr get 1 of the JC manager either but she was ok about it when I handed if in, worried in case ignorus weren't though

i haven't got the confidence to take it to him and hit back, if i post it to their head office though will it still be effective?

well it was the way he spoke, i found it very patronising and it was like he was looking down his noise at me because he has a job and i haven't.

Any method of delivery is fine but it's best to leave them no loopholes to claim they never got it.

So if sending by mail do some sort of recorded delivery or signed for option.

You could hand it in at reception and ask the nice receptionist to sign for receipt.

To send a letter Recorded, take it to a post office and tell them that's what you want to do. The cost is maybe £2 or so.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Any method of delivery is fine but it's best to leave them no loopholes to claim they never got it. So if sending by mail do some sort of recorded delivery or signed for option. You could hand it in at reception and ask the nice receptionist to sign for receipt.

if i send the letter by post should i send anything else with it to varify it's me and can i sent via email?

Edited by joeski

(1) No

(2) Unless I'm mistaken, you want to send something with your hand written signature on it, so No again.

I know you don't want to but it's best to do it person. You'll know there and then they've received it and you'll also be able to get a signed copy yourself (unless they get a funny on and refuse to sign).