Ive made a stupid mistake

annie4567
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again

Well I did as a lot had advised and went to the CAB this morning, they opened at 9 and I managed to get an appointment at 10, spoke to a lady, who was lovely, I explained my situation and showed her the letter I had received, she did say a few things to me...I mentioned about prosecution, she said as I have admitted it, then yes they would look more at prosecuting me than if they had called me in, without any admittance from myself? I didnt make much comment I was just trying to stay composed, I just explained that I know I had to be responsible for my wrong doings, I was fully aware that I could be prosecuted. She took some figures and said I was bordering on legal aid help, due to my daughters income which she said would be taken into consideration also. She went off to speak to a manager, and when she came back she said we would advise you to see a solicitor, she then gave me some addresses and told me to go and see if I can get some kind of appointment today.

I went to the first solicitor on the list, and got to speak to someone straight away...they took my details, and my income details, she also said I was bordering on getting legal aid help, and would have to look into the figures to see, she then went on to explain if I was not entitled to any help, then they would look at a fixed fee....and she would let me know what that would be. She phoned me whilst I was on my way home and said it would be £250 plus vat fixed fee, I have agreed to pay this.

She recommened postponing the interview and rang the council for me. So I have a new date now.

I know it is for the best that I have legal representation. All I can do now is wait to see my solicitor in a couple of week.

That fixed fee doesn't sound too bad does it. That will cover them going to the IUC with you, & attending court if it comes to that? Mind you, if it doesn't come to that, 250 is quite a lot for them just going to the IUC with you! Hmm. Well, if it puts your mind at ease a bit, that's a good thing. They obviously wont be able to put a stop to the over payment bill though no matter what.

hi had iuc last yr to be honest not very nice had a solictor was instructed to say no comment anyway op was a little over 2k they offered me a caution refused as going to triburmal lost triburnal they gave a penality 30% to pay back still going to upper triburnal on that claim also turned down for new dla again so appealed again

hi had iuc last yr to be honest not very nice had a solictor was instructed to say no comment anyway op was a little over 2k they offered me a caution refused as going to triburmal lost triburnal they gave a penality 30% to pay back still going to upper triburnal on that claim also turned down for new dla again so appealed again

Proof enough there that prosecution isn't their first choice really.

• 3 weeks later...

Well a bit of an update, went to see my solicitor and explained the full story, told him I omitted to put my daughter on the claim, and also that my childcare costs were inaccurate, he said he will see what information they have, but said it looks likely this is regarding my daughter, as I explained I had rang them up to inform them that I didnt put her on the claim.

I am a little confused in a way, I want to go in to the interview and be totally honest, my solicitor adviced me not to disclose anything other than what they had on me, and he will find that out before my interview, I explained that even if they did not mention my childcare costs, then I wanted to tell them....he didnt seem too keen on this, but I feel after my wrongdoings I have to be totally honest which I intend to be, I do not want any come back from this. I know my solicitor has an obligation to advise me, he did give me some good advice and was totally honest with me...about the fact of prosecution. I know I deserve to be punished, I explained to him if I am prosecuted then I will lose my job, I have been honest with my boss about the situation and she told me that if I am convicted for fraud then the likelihood is that I will be dismissed, due to the nature of my job...if I lose my job, I lose my home...I know some people will say well you deserve it and maybe I do...my solicitor said he will obviously mention the fact that my job is on the line if I am taken to court. My solicitor told me that it probably would not be in the public interest the knowledge about my daughter not being on the claim, but with the childcare costs being inaccurate, (i do pay for childcare but the figure I quoted is not adding up to what I have paid) then they may well see that as being in the public interest and want to make an example of me and prosecute me, but he also said if I lose my job and also my home as I would not beable to afford to live here on benefits, then he said no-one wins in that situation but that there is a chance they will take this to court.

How do I feel? Gutted...scared...sickened....yes I do deserve to feel all those things. I have made the biggest mistake of my life, and feel like my world has totally collapsed....trying to keep going is what I have been doing, my solicitor said I must stop torturing myself. Its hard not to, even he saw how my health has been affected, I must of looked a right state! I will have let everyone down, and my kids....how do I explain we may have no-where to live, that mummy doesnt have a job anymore....the fear I feel is like nothing I have felt before and I have been in some scary situations in my life. I just want this nightmare to end. My interview is in a couple of weeks. I have contacted housing benefit to tell them to stop paying me, I just dont want to claim anymoreeven though I am still entitled to claim something, but in all honesty, I want to get out of the benefit system. I am looking for a second job at the moment, some weekend work, my hours are to be decreased in August, (thats if I still have a job).

Oh Annie I feel so sorry for you. The bit about being scared is awful. I can understand where you are coming from re the claim for the child care but on the bright side you do have children! Some of the people that you hear about have no children and own loads of houses.

It's so easy to say try not to worry but it really is your only option particularly if you are thinking of working so hard.

It was a stupid silly mistake and that's that. Move on in your head Annie remember think positively. What will be will be. Your remorse is evident.

TAGx