GE Money seeking repossession - **WON 3 Times NOW**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3732 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, to be honest I wouldn't increase the payment on Wednesday if it means you will struggle. Stick to your guns - there is no way a judge would order eviction given the level of your arrears and the fact that you have the ability to pay. GE are pushing their luck by trying to blackmail you into making a larger payment - a judge would not be best pleased with them.

Try not to worry too much, you won't lose your home and if you need to defend any eviction we can help you do that :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Ell-enn. Thanks for your help. It is amazing that there are people like yourself who give up their time to help people they have never met, I cannot express enough our gratitude.

I did say to the person I spoke to that, as the mortgage was for less than 150000 and the house was worth about 270000 there was no risk in them giving us a chance to show we could make repayments, he said that was irrelevant.

So we have made a reasonable offer of monthly payment and have lots of equity in the property and none of this is good enough, dont know what they want

Ok Ell-enn. Thanks for your help. It is amazing that there are people like yourself who give up their time to help people they have never met, I cannot express enough our gratitude.

I did say to the person I spoke to that, as the mortgage was for less than 150000 and the house was worth about 270000 there was no risk in them giving us a chance to show we could make repayments, he said that was irrelevant.

So we have made a reasonable offer of monthly payment and have lots of equity in the property and none of this is good enough, dont know what they want

OK, got it and replied

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

OK, got it and replied

Hi, I have affixed the letter - send by special delivery and keep a copy in your file in case we need to use it with an N244 application.

Braeworth 2nd letter.doc

Hi, I have affixed the letter - send by special delivery and keep a copy in your file in case we need to use it with an N244 application.

Braeworth 2nd letter.doc

Ok payment made and letter sent. When I made the payment I unfortunately had to speak to my case handler. I again tried to come to some arrangement but without any success. They said that they wanted the majority of arrears clearing and asked if I had exploered other avenues such as borrowing the money off family and friends. I explained that my father was quite ill and in hospital and that I would not be burdening my parents with that, my wives parents are both dead. I did not think they were allowed to do that.

The person I was speaking to said that they had given us several arrangements, one as recently as February and they were not prepared to make anymore I explained that there were several reasons for us not being able to maintain those arrangements but we were in a stronger position now and confident we can maintian our proposed arrangement. They did not accept this and are still pressing for eviction.

I am now starting to get very worried, they said they have made lots of arrangements and I suppose they will say the same to the court and I am wondering how the court will look at us already having several failed arrangements

Ok payment made and letter sent. When I made the payment I unfortunately had to speak to my case handler. I again tried to come to some arrangement but without any success. They said that they wanted the majority of arrears clearing and asked if I had exploered other avenues such as borrowing the money off family and friends. I explained that my father was quite ill and in hospital and that I would not be burdening my parents with that, my wives parents are both dead. I did not think they were allowed to do that.

The person I was speaking to said that they had given us several arrangements, one as recently as February and they were not prepared to make anymore I explained that there were several reasons for us not being able to maintain those arrangements but we were in a stronger position now and confident we can maintian our proposed arrangement. They did not accept this and are still pressing for eviction.

I am now starting to get very worried, they said they have made lots of arrangements and I suppose they will say the same to the court and I am wondering how the court will look at us already having several failed arrangements

The judge will only look at your ability to pay from now on. Also, we will inform the judge that they asked you to borrow from family and friends - that is a definite no-no and will not go down well with the judge.

The judge will only look at your ability to pay from now on. Also, we will inform the judge that they asked you to borrow from family and friends - that is a definite no-no and will not go down well with the judge.

Ok thanks Ell-enn,

The person I spoke to said that they had instructed their solicitors on the 7th of March to apply for eviction, as yet we have not seen anything, how long do these normally take to come through?

Ok thanks Ell-enn,

The person I spoke to said that they had instructed their solicitors on the 7th of March to apply for eviction, as yet we have not seen anything, how long do these normally take to come through?

They may be saying that to try and scare you into borrowing money to pay the arrears. If they had instructed their solicitors on 7th March then I'm sure you would have had notification by now. Have you had a letter from their solicitors ? They usually write to say they have applied for an eviction warrant.

They may be saying that to try and scare you into borrowing money to pay the arrears. If they had instructed their solicitors on 7th March then I'm sure you would have had notification by now. Have you had a letter from their solicitors ? They usually write to say they have applied for an eviction warrant.

You could ring your local court and ask if they have received an application for an eviction warrant.

You could ring your local court and ask if they have received an application for an eviction warrant.