Sarah V GE Money**WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i wouldn't say i've been lazy but i have had a lot on so i have negected my claims- time to have a good look thru the paperwork.

I've beat HSBC, GE Money and Abbey

Court pending V Barclays and Time Retail

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

think i've found the problem. this claim is to make them produce missing statements therefore i put no value, however in the more detailed description that i'd like costs for letter writing etc- how dumb am i? will change the value box and send them back.

Hi Sarah,

I'm someway behind you at the moment as I only just recieved the statements.

GE is the next one for me and although I don't think it will be a lot (mind you, I didn't think my £5k+ halifax would be a lot either), I have no desire to see them get out of a single penny.

I wanted to wish you luck with the DSAR non-compliance case. I will be watching with baited breath as I feel I may be joining you before long!

P.S. has any one gone for contractual interest against GE Money as yet? I see they have made little or no defense against the claims themselves, and have been paying long before any court action (and assossiated 8% int).

i did apply contractual interest at 31.99% on my lba however their good will gesture that they applied to the account did not include it.

Did you accept as partial settlement and continue to demand the rest?

uh oh i forgot to claim for the interest on my N1 - i just made it a non-compliance for statements. never mind, will add the interest onto my next claim when i have been given the statements.

Guest Scarletrose

Hi Sarah have just read your thread because i am consideing a claim with GEmoney which i hold a dorothy perkins store card, your thread has been most enlightening and i hope you get everything back i will continue to monitor your thread to see how you get on. as for at the beginning of your thread you mentioned that you dont thimk as many people read thru theese as the bank ones i think u r right i didnt even know you could claim back from store cards and came across this by accident.;-)

ok N1 has now been accepted. Claim- issued 31/010/06. sent via 1st post to defendant 01/11/06, deemed to be served 03/11/06. until 17/11/06 to reply. keep watching.....

ok N1 has now been accepted. Claim- issued 31/010/06. sent via 1st post to defendant 01/11/06, deemed to be served 03/11/06. until 17/11/06 to reply. keep watching.....

We will .... by the way, how much were the court costs for this if you don't mind me asking?

We will .... by the way, how much were the court costs for this if you don't mind me asking?

sorry I'm fee excempt so i dont know luckily!

Thanks for all your good wishes will keep you posted :)

received 'notice that acknowledgement of service has been filed' filed 08/11/06- 228 days from date of service of claim form. keep watching!

not 228 days, i meant 28!!!

Hi Sarah I had an account with Top Shop and my partner Burton both GE Money that I believe are now closed (we never received any more statements, cards etc!)as they were paid off in June 2004. Yet both still appear on our credit files, however only show the last few digits of the account numbers (we do not have the full account numbers which we would need to claim.)

Is it possible to claim just using this info? Did you still know your old account numbers?

Not sure what to do. Is it worth ringing them?:confused:

Any help would be appreciated.:-)

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

Hi Sarah I had an account with Top Shop and my partner Burton both GE Money that I believe are now closed (we never received any more statements, cards etc!)as they were paid off in June 2004. Yet both still appear on our credit files, however only show the last few digits of the account numbers (we do not have the full account numbers which we would need to claim.)

Is it possible to claim just using this info? Did you still know your old account numbers?

Not sure what to do. Is it worth ringing them?:confused:

Any help would be appreciated.:-)

MMM yes that is all you need. Just send them the standard SAR with your adress and an old address if you moved during or after the term of the finance and they will suply the info.

I found that GE mssed an old loan I use to have but once I pointed it out they soon sent the data.

good luck.

• Haha 1

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Thank you debt mountain:) . This is excellent news as we both aquired rediculous late payment fees I remember at the time , the debts were low, so their charges were way out of proportion. We both ended up owing more by charges than the original balance. :eek:

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

Thank you debt mountain:) . This is excellent news as we both aquired rediculous late payment fees I remember at the time , the debts were low, so their charges were way out of proportion. We both ended up owing more by charges than the original balance. :eek:

A VERY common problem MM, best of luck!

:-)

• Haha 1

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Hi Sarah,

Firstly, good luck with your claim !! I have read and I am watching with interest !!

I also have a number of accounts with GE Money, and although I have been offered a full refund of charges they are refusing point blank to refund interest on charges, which I originally only claimed at 8% (silly me), so I am now wondering, do I go for it and claim the charges plus interest at 34.4% on charges (according to the original agreement for payment by any means other than DD) plus if it goes to a claim which I guess it will 8% stat int on the lot. Also interestingly there are of course only willing to refund the money to the accounts which are now either with Aktive Kapital or CL Finance of course !!

What do I do, tke the offer and run or go for it, I am kind of in the opinion that I have nothing to loose, and they are in the wrong so go for it.

BTW does anyone know the normal rate for ge storecards burtons etc is it 29.9 ?? because they have also failed as you would expect to supply original agreements !

What do I do, tke the offer and run or go for it, I am kind of in the opinion that I have nothing to loose, and they are in the wrong so go for it.

BTW does anyone know the normal rate for ge storecards burtons etc is it 29.9 ?? because they have also failed as you would expect to supply original agreements !

Ordinarily, I'd say press forward with court action and get that interest out of them because the argument for you to get this is VERY sound

However, you say they havent supplied the CCA, so on that basis you currently owe them nothing until they provide the copy of the original agreement with your signature on it!

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional