Morgan Solicitors/Cabot Financial

nik532
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am very new to this site and the issue i am trying to deal with, so any help would be appreciated. Back in 2002, i took out a credit card with MBNA, and in 2005, i believe myself and my partner had paid it off in full through debt consolidation, i now find this not to be true. In 2008 the relationship broke down and i moved away from the house we owned together. I have heard nothing from anyone until two months ago when i received a frantic phone call from my ex saying that she had received an Application for Final Charging Order from Morgan Solicitors and so had i . It was two weeks before my wedding, and i was up to my eyes in it. I called Morgan Solicitors and explained that i had not lived at that address since March 2008, which they new as they had run an Experian Credit Report on me and had my new address and when it was from. They were really not bothered, they would not allow me to make a payment plan with them, they just wanted their money or see them in court. The court date was during my honeymoon and i would be in Egypt. I asked them for assistance, as i did not have that amount of money (£4619.59), they said find someone to borrow it off. Luckily my dad was able to help and paid the full amount. Now, a couple of months on, i am starting to wonder if i did the right thing? I have spoken to them about the amount of interest they have made by communicating with the wrong address (£1475.84), they say that it is my responsibility to notify them of an address change, but if i do not know i am being chased for money and by whom, how do i know to change my address? They said that "legally", they only have to communicate with their last known address and they do not take the Experian Report into account. I did not know that it had already gone to court and a CCJ issued against me, i was completely in the dark. I have been to the Citizens Advice, but they were not sure how to proceed. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction? This is the only bad debt on my credit record and i believe it was through no fault of my own.

Any advice would be grateful, thanks for reading this very long winded thread.