Lloyds TSB Unauthorised Overdraft Charges Causing Further Unauthorised Borrowing and Further Charges

lollipop2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am really hoping someone on here can help. My husband banks with Lloyds TSB and a few months back he went over his agreed overdraft limit. Now, on a monthly basis Lloyds TSB have applied £155 to his account at a time in the month when he is already up to his limit, thus taking him over his agreed limit and giving them reason to apply the same charges the following month. I have been on at him to do something about it but he has been burying his head in the sand and it has cost him £100s so far. Could someone please point me in the right direction of a letter template to help get started in claiming some of these charges back. It seems grossly unfair and like he'll never get back on his feet again if every month they make him go over his limit by charging him again and I'm really starting to lose sleep over it.

Its happening the same to my account and my girlfriends account as well , went there today they say it all was written on the terms and conditions and the time the account was opened . Like they say it´s not penalties its a service and there is a fee for a service .

its awful i know , i believe that in the 3 years i have the account i paid a total over 2500 in this charges .

This is unfair and there is an argument to challenge it.

We have two people who are challenging their banks on precisely this point. One is against Lloyds and there is a preliminary hearing on Monday. I'll get back here on Tuesday and let you know more.

I'm away at the moment and you may have to post a nudge if I haven't posted here by Wednesday

i have exactly the same situation, i had one charge that occured as i went over my limit, and for the four subsequent months i stayed within my limits but application of the charges caused further charges, and to make matters worse i do not receive notification of what and when will be taken as they keep sending correspondence to my old adress of 2 years ago, even though they have my new on and even though i have complained and pointed this out... they have taken around £500 from me in that time

Ok so i contacted a few days a claim agency and i opted for a no win no fee claim against lloyds , like im not english and cant do this myself they will do the claim for me charging me 25% of the total money claimed .

I think its the best option for me .

Any news BF?

This is unfair and there is an argument to challenge it.

We have two people who are challenging their banks on precisely this point. One is against Lloyds and there is a preliminary hearing on Monday. I'll get back here on Tuesday and let you know more.

I'm away at the moment and you may have to post a nudge if I haven't posted here by Wednesday

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers