LEATHER LORDS (e.l.s.) BIRMINGHAM

DICKYT
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Publication Date: Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Notice Code: 2450

Petitions to Wind Up (Companies)

In the High Court of Justice (Chancery Division)

Manchester District Registry No 1812 of 2010

In the Matter of EXCLUSIVE LEATHER SOFAS LIMITED

and in the Matter of the Insolvency Act 1986

A Petition to wind up the above-named Company of Longford Island, Watling Street, Cannock WS11 1SH, presented on 21 July 2010 by HTL UK Limited, of Unit M Metro Business Park, Clough Street, Hanley, Stoke on Trent ST1 4AF, claiming to be a Creditor of the Company, will be heard at the Manchester Civil Justice Centre, 1 Bridge Street West, Manchester M60 4DJ, on 20 September 2010, at 10.00 hours (or as soon thereafter as the Petition can be heard).

Any person intending to appear on the hearing of the Petition (whether to support or oppose it) must give notice of intention to do so to the Petitioner or its Solicitor in accordance with Rule 4.16 by 1600 hours on 17 September 2010.

The Petitioner’s Solicitor is KJD Freeth LLP, Churchill House, Regent Road, Stoke on Trent ST1 3RQ, (Ref mjc/Ht1/63an.)

2 September 2010.

(1200039)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldchurch, it clearly state in your agreement that no money will be taken from your account until your are in receipt of your goods. They should not of taken a penny from your account until they have a copy of the delivery note, as the agreement has been broken in all areas they are breaking the law in taking any more money.

Stop your payments

Edited by amck

i have spoke to watchdog and they are breaking the law by taking any money from you. they are equally liable in paying back a full refund. that includes deposits, providing you have proof of what you paid.

It is easy to get the addresses of the directors and it is available to the general public. Go onto companies house, go to webcheck, search for leather lords, go to the order information page.

You will see the registered office has changed twice from the directors residential address. How do you know it it the directors? go onto 192.com and do a people search for LORD at the postcode and whaala.:whoo:

Does anyone know who the accountants and socilitors are handling the winding-up order etc?

Hi Farley, if you purchased from LEATHER LORDS, Bham, you should contact Sharma & co, 257 Hagley Rd, Birmingham B16 9NA, tel 0121 454 2700.

If you purchesd from ELS (Exclusive Leather Sofas) Bham & Cannock, you should contact KJD Freeth Ltd, Churchill House, Regent Rd, Stoke On Trent, ST1 3RQ, tel 01782 202 020.

Good luck.

Thanks for the details. Very much appreciated. I spoke to KJD Freeth Ltd. We're all going to keep a close eye on statements issued either by the company (LOL - unlikely!) and legal announcements via the aforementioned solicitors.

ladies and gentleman

please stop posting personal information for the legal sake of CAG's status

thank you

dx

siteteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This was the information that I had posted before, this is what every customer needs to do to try and get their Money back.

Administrators are not going to be known until the 20th September or their after.

EXCLUSIVE LEATHER SOFAS LIMITED

A winding up petition has been lodged at the High Court in relation to Exclusive Leather Sofas Ltd. As far as we are aware the company has four outlets located at:- Birmingham (Camp Hill), Derby, Luton and Cannock; with Cannock being the head office. All of these stores have ceased to trade.

The petition will be heard at Manchester High Court on 20 September 2010. If the company is wound up an insolvency practitioner will be appointed. It is the insolvency practitioner who will sort out the financial affairs of the company and it is to this person that any complaints about Exclusive Leather Sofas should be addressed.

When we know who the insolvency practitioner is we will update this web page accordingly.

In the meantime, if you have purchased your furniture on finance and it has not been delivered you should write a letter to the finance company explaining the situation, please remember to send this by recorded delivery. The finance company should then release you from the agreement and refund any monies already paid to them.

If your complaint has not been resolved or you paid cash for your furniture you should still contact the insolvency practitioner so that you may be put on the list of potential creditors. The practitioner will then, after paying the main creditors such as the banks and utilities, use any monies which are left over to refund customers.

It made it on the Central News a couple of days ago, if everyone keeps on reporting their story to Actionfraud.co.uk, Consumers Direct, Birmingham Trading Standards and also the Media, we might get more publicity, How about it folks.

:|:???::-x

Hi guys,

I purchased from the ELS branch in Luton and paid on Visa Debit Card (this was around 6-8 weeks ago). They also made me pay a delivery charge of around £66 to another company not sure who they are of if it's the same people.

Would going down the line of a Visa Debit Chargeback be my best option ? What proof do I need to provide e.g. bank statement showing funds going out (they went out to Leather Lords Ltd btw and not ELC) They didn't even give me an invoice.

Also is there any documentation or proof that I can show the bank that they've gone into administration ?

Any help, contact numbers appreciated.

Thanks

You will need to send a letter to ELS demand goods or refund within the next 7-14 days. This letter shows to your bank that your a being pro-active in trying to receive your money. Your bank should send you a declaration form in which you can claim your money back. I sent mine in yesterday and have been assured I will get the refund, after paying by debit card... fingers cross, not going to beleive it until it is back in my bank!

and see above post, as I reported them to Trading Standards and they got back to me directing me to this site as proof of a winding up order which should help with your bank.

Thanks for the tips amck :) seems like you're a little bit further down the line than me. I'll get onto trading standards to see what tips and advice they can offer. Should I contact my local trading standards or the Birmingham guys who seem to know abit more about it ?

I have been refunded by my bank today for my debit card payment.. :-).

Just got the finance company to deal with and I should have all my money bank that I have paid out.

Now to find another sofa, I did not want to look until I had this resolved.

Ah nice one, I feel very envious now. Congratulations I'm sure it feels like a major relief off your chest.

How long did the bank take and what did you show to them in terms of supporting documents. I'm still waiting on me refund.

Hi, I paid by Visa debit card as well, and gave my bank the transaction dates & amounts, and emailed them a copy of a letter from Leather Lords stating "they were sorry that on this occasion I had not received their usual standard of service" - pause for laughs - which did the trick. My full amount was refunded on Friday.

Ah nice one, I feel very envious now. Congratulations I'm sure it feels like a major relief off your chest.

How long did the bank take and what did you show to them in terms of supporting documents. I'm still waiting on me refund.

It took about 10 days and I gave my bank copies of my letters that was sent to Leather Lords & the Finance Company and also printed off the information about ELS and that did the trick for me. I once the forms were in I left it a couple of day and phone the bank and was on the phone with them for about 20 mins while they verified the information and stated that all was okay and I would receive the refund in 48 hours got it in 12.

Good luck just keep on with your bank and they will get it sorted quicker for you.

Hi, I am glad people are stating to get their money back, :whoo: but our Bank is giving us the run around, we sent a letter to them and ELS disputing the discrepancy about them over charging us on the delivery charge before we knew they were going into receivership. Now that they have gone into receivership we have put a letter in writing to the Banks to try and claim all cost back under section 75, we are having difficulties, as they don't seemed to be bothered eg. responding in the time scale given by the letter and then telling us we will received a deceleration form in the post, to sign which we haven't, but they gladly told us they are inundated with cases regarding the Travel Industries, I am sure they are, but that does not help me in the slightest.:-(

I don't want to sound mean I am just at the end of my tether will us of this, the Receiver ship for Exclusive Leather Sofas are in Birmingham in Cannon House, Priory Square, I believe they are going to take People Names by Monday or Tuesday next week as they told me to ring back then.

Hey Trading Standards you could of posted that for us?

:-(:-(

This is the Insolvency Service that is dealing with the Exclusive Leather Sofas in Birmingham that has gone into receivership, asked for the Insolvent Practitioner who is the dealing with the case and register your Name with them so they have it on records and also send them a recorded delivery letter confirming this as you want proof of this when claiming.

Estate Accounts and the Insolvency Practitioner Unit (IPU) are based in Birmingham at:

The Insolvency Service

Cannon House

18 Priory Queensway

Birmingham, B4 6BS

For enquiries please contact: 0121 698 4000

Got an email with forms and a pdf letter in my inbox from the Administrators who are definitely RMS Tenon.... I also got my money back from the bank.... paid by VISA debit...

An end to an ugly and waste of time saga for me... Thank you for everyone's help and advise.. couldn't have done it without you all ...

and may Gary Lord and the rest of his motley crew rot in hell for what they did to people.