Letter from Lowell Financial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

guess what-I've been eating food for ,oh,46 years now

does that make me a professional food critic?

nah-don't think so:lol:

Just because you may have been on here alot longer than i have & have made many more posts than i have, not sure what makes you think i have less right to comment on a thread than you have to be honest :confused:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

number 1 just for a kick off

your post was typical of the innocent new member who isn't actually what he seems-whenever your coat stops swinging on the peg behind the door,maybe you'll be taken a little more seriously-that is if you're not a sock puppet

don't you just love noobs?especially noobs with attitude

number 1 just for a kick off

your post was typical of the innocent new member who isn't actually what he seems-whenever your coat stops swinging on the peg behind the door,maybe you'll be taken a little more seriously-that is if you're not a sock puppet

don't you just love noobs?especially noobs with attitude

So how does someone be "not what they seem" exactly? :confused:

Is there a secret code or something than all newbies have to use on here that makes everyone suddenly think "oh this newbie is not 1 of them then" :D

I agree with RI, I first posted on here six months ago seeking advice. I quickly realised that the people who came to my help were very often in a much worse position financially and emotionally yet freely offered whatever help and advice they could, without knowing who or what I am.

I also quickly realised what complete and utter **** we are dealing with in this DCA business, lying, harassment and intimidation of the unwary and vulnerable.

Under no circumstances should these threatmonkeys be allowed on here.

Thanks for your replies guys I will read more in depth a little later, Im quite wary of sending letters to these people incase I word it wrong :confused: but after reading a few threads it does seem that the advice here is helpful.

Will keep you informed x

moomoo64, please don't let this thread put you off fighting this.

When I stumbled upon this site I was tortured by debt collectors over 12 or so debts.

I was made redundant, son diagnosed disabled and wife with lymphodema unable to walk more than 10 steps.

In reality I was screwed, I hadn't a pot to **** in or a window to chuck it out of.

I am on benefits (not through choice) and making ends meet is very, very hard.

This didn't matter to these vermin!

Cabot, Lowell, Mackenzie Hall, Capquest etc. etc. didn't care if my kids were fed or my electricity was paid or heating was on!

All they cared about was getting money whatever way they could.

I was harrassed on the phone from 8.00 in the morning to 8.30 at night.

I had letters arriving by the dozen everyday threatening me with court, bankruptcy, bailiffs, doorstep collectors etc. etc.

You name it, they threatened it.

Thankfully the advice given to me by the warriors on this site made me fight back.

To date nearly all of my creditors have backed off!

All but 2 of my debts are Stat Barred and I should never have been hounded for payment in the first place!

I would never have known this only for the people on this site and would have probably been bankrupted.

Send the letters that have been pasted by Pinky69 (he's an extremely knowledgeable, helpful fellow!).

Follow the advice!

I promise you, in a week or two's time you will be worry free!

RI

Guest Cartaphilus

Moomoo42, you will receive excellent help here, advice and ... on the whole being part of a community like this one, also makes an immense difference. Whilst I've known about the forum for a long while, I came earlier this year because after a long while of help from a free debt counselling service ... all the feelings, the worries, the feeling of being trapped ... again all came back ... because that service suddenly changed, I lost the person who was helping me at least with fending those people off ... but had already done a lot of the work myself before going to them eg requesting credit agreements and so on ... in the end they seemed to be siding more with my creditors and ... told me they couldn't help me anymore. They started giving me alarmingly wrong advice at the same time about agreements ... astonishingly wrong ...

Now, quite a while ago ... I tried to OD because of all the above and more. So, what happened earlier this year brought all the worry back again, because I'd lost that vital support which took away the worry of dealing with it head on myself ... So, what I am saying here is stick with this forum.

At the start of the debt problems, I, like many, wasn't prepared for the nastiness, the sheer inhumanity (though I had an inkling it would be anyway) and the fact the people on the end of those phones ... well, their consiences will not end up in a good place when they are older, or when they are on the receiving end of what they do to other people ... however a long while later I am. I try not to let them get to me, one of those ways is trying - and I know I don't always get it right, then kick myself later on for it ... - to try and help others going through it, however or whatever I might know. Though, because of poor health for years, I am not very confident at times. One thing that does motivate me, is because of being through an awful lot of unfairness, misery, you name it I must be the unluckiest person on the planet for luck (it seems to happen to me come what may) is trying to stop that pain in others by helping, supporting. However, one of my creditors did start taking advantage of that to get to and at me using the telephone.

The thing that took away a hell of a lot of worry at the very beginning was when I initially went with CCCS, they took a whole load of worry off me mind just by telling me about the letters, and that things were not as they seemed ... threats. After it was clear I could not get on a DMP (I am on benefits also, disability ones so am worried like hell right now what's going to happen to me, as well as everyone else in the same boat but I try to ignore it). I didn't know where the hell to turn to, as there is nowhere in my area for me to get any sort of help, certainly nowhere near the help I have seen given here on CAG. So back in February, when all the stuff with the service I used hit like a bombshell I felt back to square one, but much much worse I worried I would try to OD again ... though I know I won't but that is how I felt. Registering on here changed that, because I could find others who could help, whether it was emotional support, a listening ear ... it all helped. I can begin to start not thinking about those things, because everything was suffering because I was letting all that in and not getting on with life as best as you can.

So, stick with it Moomoo ... Once I knew and saw this industry for what it was and is ages ago ... I began to cease worrying because I knew I could do things and not just believe what I was told by them.

There will always be someone around here to help you with something. The best thing as well it's 24/7 so you don't have to wait days for someone to get back to you. It's here, it's instant and always here.

You can fight back. And do not give up. Once you see them for what they are, you will begin to gain confidence back and control. On your terms not theirs.

Edited by Cartaphilus

A poster has just posted that Lowell has totally ignored his letters and passed a debt in dispute to Muck Hall, the lowest of the low. That says it all.

How very true, they havent changed and they wont

So the person who came on from lowells saying to call them is having a joke and we should continue to treat them with contempt.

Hi moomoo42

I have just seen your post and am sorry you are you are feeling stressed by our letters. Please give our Complaints Resolution Team a call today, we will be able to look into this for you and get to the bottom of the issue. You can reach us on: 0800 542 0058 or drop us an email at ComplaintsResolution@LowellGroup.co.uk

I hope to hear from you shortly.

James.

No use touting for business here - you won't get far at all.

you remember the fall of the iron curtain in 1989,and how the old communist east german regime tried to reinvent themselves as a cuddly new party who really cared?

The people told them to feck off

That's Lowell,that is :lol:

Edited by lickthewallfatboy

The best advice you can give anyone is NEVER EVER PHONE A DCA JUST KEEP REPEATING IT

But if you do phone record them & don't tell them until the end the conversation:D

Just in case they make threats be advised that if it's your phone then there is no requirement to warn them they are being recorded:D:D