Southern pacific (SPML). Mortgage Late Payment Fees reclaiming

angnnig
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got my letter today. Who knows what they are up to, but whatever it turns out to be I'm just glad my arrears are now listed as being £489 with £708 of their charges moved to the other column. Silly of me to get in arrears in the 1st place but at least they can't mither me now saying I have a payment shortfall of £1200 and I need to pay it all NOW!!!!!! They will have to pay out in the end, and they know it. Looks to me like this s the 1st step, why would they trawl through thousands of accounts to divide the arrears to constituent parts unless someone had had a word.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you,re right Crapstone ,my head must be really done in to miss that:|, thanks. At least its a good thing in a way though, that Acenden won,t be able to repposses our home on the other amount( charges),Hopefully not anyway.Were gona get xmas out the way and try again for a third time with the FOS,really struggling on how to go about this .Kind regards angnnig

It's enough to do anyones head in to be honest. It's all fluff and fuss covering the cracks so don't be put off by any of it. They relied on the fact that we'd fail..but so far still standing despite the struggle. At least this way they can only put forward the true arrears of missed payments and not the whole inflated lot with the charges on top as they used to. That would have saved us a bit of effort and time as they made out we owed them £4500+ when in fact we were ahead in payments because they had already taken insurance that we didn't want or need and refunded it against the account . The rest was charges and payments missed in protest that they kept taking/stealing money.

It's all been refunded now but despite that I feel bitter that we were dragged through the courts for nothing. They didn't have a claim and we shouldn't have faced a repo. order. at all. No amount of money can make up for the **** these people cause and if it was offered I'd refuse as I know just where it's coming from.

Keep writing to them and stay on their backs. I know it's difficult but that's the only way to get anywhere. Question everything and find their faults.

Kaz xxx

Well done for beating the shower of sh****ts.I cant believe how hard faced they are and keep getting away with it.a few years back we got forced into paying £340 a month off the arrears on top of our normal mortgage payment and because my partner fell ill and couldn,t work,we sent them a few letters asking them to lower the payments but they refused and we ended up nearly getting reppossed a few times the last time they tried we finaly got the court to help us and they had to accept £100 to be paid off the arrears ,which they should have accepted in the first place but they wanted blood and kept on adding the ridiculous charges.I just wished I could find something that we could get them on ,i think we are just gona have to keep on with the fact the the charges are extortionate and that they are profiting from peoples hardship.kind regards angnnig

They tried the same with us and wanted the max. that was far than we could afford. They had already agreed to a lower sum but still chanced it in court that they could get more. They know then that if you miss payments that are unaffordable, in the long-term,t hat they can walk straight in and take your house. They know most vulnerable people won't go back to court or fight.

When I first started all this with them back in 2003, there was nothing to look up. I was on my own with nothing to compare to. It was only later that more stories came out so I could at least sigh a bit of relief that it wasn't just me. Get everything you can. and have ever recieved from them, and just keep going through it and you will find faults that aren't always obvious.

I felt like ripping their heads off and happily spitting down their necks but kept it humble, as much as it pained me. You expect a company to act in a professional manner and properly conduct an account. I didn't expect to have payments go missing (they had them but lied), money taken without consent for insurance, a letter telling me I'd repo. my own home if I didn't pay myself (?) or to have an eviction notice 'accidently' sent. The list is endless but every point was put to them and a result gained. They can only go so far before they have to admit they were wrong and have not acted in fairness to the consumer. Keep pushing them, keep asking the questions, and arguing with them. It doesn't do any harm and once you start to do that you just don't fear the idiots anymore. You see them for who and what they are and stop dreading the postman.

Sounds like you,ve been to hell and back with them,but good on you for keeping strong ,when a lot would have given up.

Nig my partner is a taxi driver and we,ve had a bad year on takings and a lot of car repairs ,which has set us back again,We,ve informed Acenden in writing every time but they have still charged us £115 litigation management fees every month,we have only been a couple of days late for some of the months but they have still nailed us and the small print that they send you about how late you are allowed to be until they charge a late payment fee is just so hard to get your head round and you don,t even know were you stand with the sh****ts .and how do they divine litigation management fees and arrears managment fees ,I would have thought they were all the same to me .Thats, that lot of my chest lol.They really do make my blood boil but its good to be able to let of steam on here and a relief to find out were not on our own.Any way enough of me ranting on, Merry christmas xX

You don't really have much choice in staying stong and you just do what you can. If they charge you, you argue..pester and establish a contact until they give in and sod their small print. The regulators finally see the unfair charges on credit/debit cards but still choose to ignore Ascenden and their fees! It's a horrendous rate and, compared to their 2003 fees, totally unfair as it doesn't reflect anywhere near their costs. They've upped it suit themselves and take control. They take it for granted that they can baffle you but with a bit of thought and determination you can fight them off and turn it around. You are not on your own and I truly know how bad it feels and how good it is just to be able to speak about them. Rant away......My family are sick of me ranting but if it gets the job done then that's ok...And yes I swear,. stamp my feet and have had many nights sleeping alone over them. But at the end of the day I still have my house that I've had to fight for. They get next to nothing and my rate is lower than the High St. now and they can't do Jack about it! Just see them for the muppets they are and never be afraid of them.

• 3 months later...

Am I right in thinking I can show the faq to the judge tomorrow to confirm that our calculations of the true arrears are correct as they have admitted on two answers on the faq‘s that they have been adding the charges and fees onto the arrears prior to the date of the letter.

Once we have our 5 mins in court tomorrow and hopefully win, we will be sending them the letter saying refund our fees or we will see you in court.