Southern pacific (SPML). Mortgage Late Payment Fees reclaiming

angnnig
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I was just wondering ,what would happen if we did n,t pay CRAPSTONE the arrears they say we owe ,what are really unfair charges.If they took us to court to evict us could we argue that they are not arrears and in fact they are unfair charges,we could also explain that we have exhausted every possible way to get the charges squashed by going down the FOS route but with no sucsess.Do you think the courts would let CRAPSTONE evict us or squash the charges for us.thankyou for any replies ,regards angnnig

• 2 months later...

We have contacted the FOS to say that we are not satisfied with thier decision on the charges case ,they told us that the person who was dealing with our case originaly has been finished as she had complaints about the way she dealt with case complaints.So the FOS have said that they will look at our case again but cant garauntee the outcome we want.I dont hold out much hope but at least thier is a glimmer of hope.regards angnnig

• 2 months later...

The FOS have finally come to a decision on our case after looking at our case again , they have come to exactly the same result as last time and basically said that we were informed of the charges by spml and that they agree with what SPML have done.My partner telephoned the FOS yesterday as we also recieved a letter from ACENDEN,S solicitors saying that acenden have instructed them to ask the court for an eviction date.We even explained about all this to the FOS but they still stood by there decision.So we face yet another battle with with these set of ******.Any help with this matter would be appriciated thankyou ,angnnig

Hi 42man ,thanks for your reply and the link.If we did go to court we would probably need help getting a case together about claiming the charges back.kind regards angnnig

Hi ,I hope someone can help us.Our mortgage company Acenden have instructed there solicitors to ask the court for an eviction date.We are 3 months behind with the mortgage payments because the taxi my partner drives broke down and had to have some major repair work done,our income from the job has also suffered due to the ressession and fuel now costing a fortune.We owe £3,200 but about £2000 of that are charges,which we tried to get back through the FOS but failed.They looked at our case twice and just said acenden are within there rights to charge us the charges so its tough.Thankyou for any replies ,angnnig

What help are you looking for?

There are various threads on the forum relating to reclaiming charges.

As for the eviction - once you receive your notice of eviction, I am sure assistance will be forthcoming to enter a stay application (form N244).

In the meantime are you able to pay your currently monthly instalment, plus something towards the arrears?

Hi Lea thanks for your reply.We have nothing as yet towards the arrears as we have just had to pay out for anew engine for the taxi. should be able to pay a small amount off the arrears next week.I just need help with the n244 form and how to go about the wording of the unfair charges on the form.We are going to try and stop it getting to that stage first and hope that they accept what little we can pay off the arrears.regards angnnig

Hi, if I remember rightly your first mortgage is with Kensington and you have a suspended order on it- is that also in arrears?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, well we now have an eviction date the 12th july.We have just had to sell our family car cheap to pay a lump sum.We have offered to pay £800 of the arrears but we need to lower the arrears payments down from £340 a month to £150.We have sent a letter offering this ,as we dont trust speaking to them over the phone.We have asked for acceptance back in writing and if they wont accept our offer, we have said that we will go down the n244 root and let the court know that £2000 are in fact charges and not arrears.Any advice on how to fill the n244 form if needed, appriciated thanks ,regards angnnig

Hi, if you don't hear anything from them by Thursday then you should enter an N244, I can help you with that. Did you send your letter by special or recorded delivery ?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi , My partner phoned asenden today as we haven,t heard anything from them,they said that the letter hasn,t gone to the right department yet and they also need an income and expenditure form,they said we could email it to them,they said the latest they can get back to us with a decision is wednesday next week.Do you think we should wait till then or or send the n244 in now.the eviction date is the 12th july, regards angnnig

Typical stalling from them ! have you done a budget sheet? I've affixed one to this post - it calculates automatically as you fill it in.

There's no harm in getting the N244 ready to take to court - I can help you with that over the weekend if you need me to.

Have you paid the £800 ?

Budget Sheet.xls

Hi Ellen ,thanks for the budget sheet i,l get on with that right away,iv,e got a rough jot down of a budget ,We haven,t paid the £800 yet as we weren,t sure if we might need it for a deposit on a rented house if the court decide to uphold the eviction.Thank,s for your offer of help with the n244 form ,will definatly need it. kind regards angnnig

Hi, I'll have a look at it tomorrow if that's OK, got friends here for supper tonight