Co-op Dn & Termination

molly13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Having gone through my OH's paperwork this evening I came across the following:

I know the DN dated 3 may 2006 is probably not valid, however on 6th of may he received a letter demanding full payment.

Is this right?

Can anyone enlighten me on this please?

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu218/molly13_01/co-op/coop019.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu218/molly13_01/co-op/coop018.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Molly:)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The DN is invalid - they didn't give sufficient time to remedy the breach. Termination on the back of an unlawful DN causes unlawful rescission ie they can only claim the arrears at the time of the DN but the Co-op are so stupid they don't even know they can do that. What your husband must do to seal the rescission legally is write to the Co-op and tell them that he accepts their repudiation of contract which ocurred when they terminated the alleged agreement on such-and-such a date following issue of an unlawful DN on such-and-such a date. The Co-op never learn - they are still doing this.

Actually I also came across a letter from 2007 from DCA saying their client was prepared to offer a 20% discount for a limited time only...

Maybe they had realised their mistake:rolleyes:

they are truly amazing they did the same to me so i wrote to them informing them of the invalid DN their reply was a termination notice lol

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi pompeyfaith,

I don't think OH had an actual letter saying Termination Notice.. just the letter demanding full payment, which I assume means they terminated the account.

yes i had a demand letter too giving me 7 days to pay up and then the termination came 14 days later

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Theres a letter from a solicitor demanding full payment within 7 days on 24th May 2006...LOL

Oh dear, I didn't realise that they were that useless.

A letter accepting their repudiation will be off tomorrow..:)

Thank you molly yes she is my darling and has just recovered from an RTA there is a couple of threads in the vets forum on this

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

it cost me in excess of £5000 so glad i had the insurance in place

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

I'm afraid I'm going to have to burst the bubble here, the remedy period for a DN changed from 7 days to 14 days in Oct 2006. The DN posted above was issued in May 2006. :(

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Good point Cerberusalert...but thankfully they just couldn't contain their enthusiasm and went on to send the rather un-cooperative letter just 3 days after issuing the dn, demanding full balance and terminating the account.

Thank goodness they are ethically guided!

(As opposed to guided by the law :rolleyes:)

Thank You cerberusalert but the bubble is still floting lol as we are aware of that fact what the op was refering to was a letter of demand

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

I was responding to Pinky69's reply in post 2 more than anything.

The DN is invalid - they didn't give sufficient time to remedy the breach.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good morning all,

Thanks Cerberus, does that mean he shouldn't send the repudiation letter?

I'm quite confused now (for a change lol) but the DN states remedy of arrears by 17th May or else..and yet my OH got the letter dated 6th May demanding full amount. Are we to accept this as termination notice?

And where do we go from here please?

Thanks also to undercover-elsa and pompeyfaith:)

Regards

Even though the DN was correct they have unlawfully rescinded the agreement because they terminated before the remedy date. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

what cerberusalert is correct as for recinding/termination but the fact remains that they have given you a nice double wammy in that the DN was not correct the coop are systematic in getting the dates wrong they did this to me 2 years ago and another 3 times since you will find the date of the DN and the remedy date only gives 14 days and they allow no time to serve said doc on you

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

indeed the time between date of doc and remedy should be at least 19 days as they use uk mail to send

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

indeed the time between date of doc and remedy should be at least 19 days as they use uk mail to send

Prior to Oct 2006 the remedy period was 7 days not 14.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Molly :)

So, it's unanimous that you do need to send the letter acception the unlawful recission of contract.

Something on the lines of: (edited from a Vint original :) )

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Re account no xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Unlawful Rescission.

I refer to your Default Notice dated xxxxxxxxxx, received by me on xxxxxxxxxxx and your subsequent letter terminating the agreement by demanding the balance in full, dated xxxxxxxxxx, received xxxxxxxxx,

While the default notice did technically give me the required statutory time in which to seek legal advice and/or remedy any alleged defect, your subsequent action only 3 days later in issuing a demand for full payment and terminating the account resulted in insufficient time for me to even obtain an appointment with a solicitor let alone remedy the alleged default. The Consumer Credit Act is absolutely clear on the requirement to issue a compliant Default Notice and allow the statutory period of time prior to having the right to proceed to demand the full balance or terminate an agreement. You have clearly failed to do so, which has resulted in you unlawfully rescinding the alleged agreement.

I have elected to accept your unlawful rescission of the agreement and I note that you are now entitled to claim those arrears genuinely due at the time of the termination (not including any unlawful charges ) and I would be obliged if you would advise me of the exact amount of those arrears, against which will be a claim for unlawful rescission

Yours xxxxxx

Elsa x

thank you cerberusalert going back to the first post i stand corrected yes molly in your case it is indeed even better as it is 7 days plus service

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

nice letter elsa

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN