ppi claim.. longer than 6 years !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

you need to find some evidence of what you paid PCM to push this through.

dx

Do you mean the PPI payments? it says on the agreement £15.68 per month.

£184.45 monthly instalment

£15.68 monthly PPP premium

Total: £200.13

Should I send the letter??

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no what i mean is actual proof you WERE paying £200 pcm, like bank statement.

there is a poss here you might not have been charged it.

i know that sounds strange, but , it exists.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no what i mean is actual proof you WERE paying £200 pcm, like bank statement.

there is a poss here you might not have been charged it.

i know that sounds strange, but , it exists.

dx

????

I have their account history which they sent which clearly shows I was paying £200.13 per month, would this suffice?? :-?

????

I have their account history which they sent which clearly shows I was paying £200.13 per month, would this suffice?? :-?

any advice??? and shall i still send the letter??

ok thats better

hung by their own petard!!

i'd add to the bottom something upon the lines of even your own statements prove i did pay the ppi, should you wish to contest that it was me that altered the paperwork.

or word to that effect.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok thats better

hung by their own petard!!

i'd add to the bottom something upon the lines of even your own statements prove i did pay the ppi, should you wish to contest that it was me that altered the paperwork.

or word to that effect.

dx

Thank dx, will be back with the next installment :)

Morning!

I think Fords are getting a little bored with me!! I have just received the following letter:

Dear ..............., Thank you for your letter dated 23.06.10

Firstly, it is a little unclear as to why you claim that we have not complied with the subject access request, particularly since we have sent all documents which we hold in respect to the above account. If you can confirm why this may be the case we will be happy to look into this further for you. (see my post 39)

Whilst I do not wish to go over old ground I would like to re-iterate that, we received your signed finace agreement which confirmed your acceptance of the payment protection plan. If you did not require this, the dealership would not have asked you to sign the agreement in the ppp section. a signature is not required if the customer does not want the policy.

Notwithstanding, in an effort to conclude this matter and in line with our ethos of 'treating customers fairly' we are prepared to offer you £93.14 which equates to 50% of the 11 payments you made of £15.68 plus 8% interest. however i would like to respectfully remind you that, we are offering this as a goodwill gesture with no admission of liability on the part of Ford Credit.

If you wish to accept our offer, please let me know within the next 7 days where i shall be happy to ensure that a cheques is processed for you....

if you are not prepared to accept our offer, i would like to assure you that should we receive any contact from your chosen legal representative we will make our response to them in a timely manner.

Yours sincerely..............

Right...... i feel another letter coming on.... they keep harping on about my signature being obtained for ppi, but are totally missing the point that when it was signed the agreement was typed with the words 'no' for ppi and then altered..... what should i do now.... and what sort of figures am i looking for?

As ever..... any help and advice greatly appreciated.:)

no admission of liability but they made you an offer lol @ull%hit if there was no liability no offer would be made end off

Dont stop here thats what they want you are in a good position now as an offer has been made you want 100% of payments made to the ppp back plus 8% stat go get them

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Whilst I do not wish to go over old ground I would like to re-iterate that, we received your signed finace agreement which confirmed your acceptance of the payment protection plan. If you did not require this, the dealership would not have asked you to sign the agreement in the ppp section. a signaturelink3.gif is not required if the customer does not want the policy.

With the greatest respect, you were not a party to the actual transaction, so can only go by 'your previous sales instructions' given to all salepersons.

I was required to sign that box to CONFIRM that was my wish - NO PPI.

In each box is CLEARLY typed a NO.

The agreement has been altered, without my permission, after the event.

Should you wish this to progress to court, where issues of hidden sales commission and p'haps fraud, might well be investigated, i am happy to do so.

However, i give you one last opportunity to refund this to my requirements.

dx

and they

Whilst I do not wish to go over old ground I would like to re-iterate that, we received your signed finace agreement which confirmed your acceptance of the payment protection plan. If you did not require this, the dealership would not have asked you to sign the agreement in the ppp section. a signaturelink3.gif is not required if the customer does not want the policy.

With the greatest respect, you were not a party to the actual transaction, so can only go by 'your previous sales instructions' given to all salepersons.

I was required to sign that box to CONFIRM that was my wish - NO PPI.

In each box is CLEARLY typed a NO.

The agreement has been altered, without my permission, after the event.

Should you wish this to progress to court, where issues of hidden sales commission and p'haps fraud, might well be investigated, i am happy to do so.

However, i give you one last opportunity to refund this to my requirements.

dx

Thanks Pompey and DX, will draft a letter and put it on here for your approval....

You give me the conviction to carry on :)

Hows this:

Further to your letter dated 25th June 2010.

I to am feeling exasperated going over the same points raised in my previous correspondences with regard to my signature being obtained on the Finance Agreement.

With the greatest respect, you were not a party to the actual transaction, so can only go by ‘your previous sales instructions’ given to all salespersons’.

I must reiterate that my signature was obtained on the Finance Agreement where the words ‘NO’ where clearly typed in each box and therefore PPI was most definitely declined.

As you can see from the agreement this document has been altered, without my knowledge or permission after the event.

Should you wish this to progress to court where issues of hidden sales commission and perhaps fraud may well be investigated, I am quite prepared to do so.

However, I am a reasonable person and give you one last opportunity to refund this to the following requirements: refund of all premiums paid plus 8% interest, £15.68 x 11 payments plus 8% interest equates to: £186.28

Let me know your thoughts please before i post and any corrections / addtional info... thanks again :)

can i claim for contractual interest or shall i just leave it at this? i know it's not a lot of money but it's the principle :)

you can claim what you like.

the idea is you are put back to where you were before said PPI

you are also entitled to 8% stat because you were deprived of the money.

letter is ok

dx

and they

you can claim what you like.

the idea is you are put back to where you were before said PPI

you are also entitled to 8% stat because you were deprived of the money.

letter is ok

dx

Just ok ??? :):)

As ever.... a massive thank you. :)

well we can get serious if they keep wriggling.

oh a guest...your getting famous...

dx waves to the guest....

dx

and they

well we can get serious if they keep wriggling.

oh a guest...your getting famous...

dx waves to the guest....

dx

ha ha, i think it's you..... oh fountain of knowledge !!! :)

The saga continues, Fords have replied with the following:

We have noted your further comments in your correspondence and would advise that our position remains the same in this matter.

Should you choose to take further advice in respect of your concerns, we will be happy to liaise with your chosen third party and will do so in a timely manner.

Yours .................

Right....... so what do i do now.... LBA or FSA or allocation questionaire and courts.... any advice as ever greatly appreciated, thanks :)

off to the FOS then.

dx

and they

complaints form on website

dx

and they

complaints form on website

dx

Yes, got that... but just tried to ring them on the 0300 123 9 123 number and discontinued tone.... do they have a new number???

fill the form out

copy all you paperwork and theirs

post it all off.

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I hope I can jump into this thread as Im getting no joy on my own - I am due in court tomorrow to deliver my answer to the lenders request to strike out my claim. My claim is mis-sold PPI and it is also over 6 years old but it is clear on the statements etc that I have - I have been arguing with this company for over two years now and have issued my claim in county court. Now they are trying to get it struck out under the limitations act before I even get my hearing - hearing is in august but reply deadline is tomorrow. I am stating that my date of knowledge is within 3 years as I did a SAR - this revealed the PPI which they say I knew all about etc - they are also saying the rule of tort restricts claims to six years but I think I can also use S.20 about mortgages and charges being twelve years... can anyone advise please???

Hi - I hope I can jump into this thread as Im getting no joy on my own - I am due in court tomorrow to deliver my answer to the lenders request to strike out my claim. My claim is mis-sold PPI and it is also over 6 years old but it is clear on the statements etc that I have - I have been arguing with this company for over two years now and have issued my claim in county court. Now they are trying to get it struck out under the limitations act before I even get my hearing - hearing is in august but reply deadline is tomorrow. I am stating that my date of knowledge is within 3 years as I did a SAR - this revealed the PPI which they say I knew all about etc - they are also saying the rule of tort restricts claims to six years but I think I can also use S.20 about mortgages and charges being twelve years... can anyone advise please???

Hi Campari

I would not be the best person to speak to about your claim but there are lots of knowledgeable people on here who would be able to give you better advice than me :) Hope all goes well with your court case today :)