Capital One - **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a very similar situation except that I had a balance of £6000 and NCO on behalf of Cap1 accepted a payment of £3000 in full & final settlement.

I am sure that my charges will be less than £3000 but would you still pursue anyway? Having read through the thread I am not sure.

Hi Trusty,

I assume you have written confirmation of the "full and final settlement".

If you have, you will possibly find, like me, that your credit record shows a 'partial settlement'. In my case my credit record was shot to pieces, anyway, so I wasn't unduly worried.

I pursued Capital One for the penalty charges anyway, regardless of their short settlement, and they repaid me well before I made a court claim.

I would suggest, if you don't know the amount of charges, serve them with a Data Protection Act request, and them pursue them up to and including a Letter Before Action.

If you have had no success at that stage, then you must decide whether to risk losing the court fee if they were to defend the claim.

I would expect them to repay you before a court appearance, but, if not, you could always withdraw your claim (and lose the court fee of course!)

Only you can decide if the potential gains would outweigh the possible (though I think unlikely) losses.

if you feel angry enough, as I did, then go for it!

Good Luck!!

Phil

Philip

Thanks for your quick reply. My credit record is also shot to bits, so I am not too worried about the partial settlement bit. I was however ruthlessly pursued by Cap1 and their agents and would like some retribution.

Letter going off today and I will start a new thread and let everyone know what happens.

Although it's far too late for me, I would advise anyone never to mess up your credit record it causes so many problems.

Thanks

Trusty

Classic, absolute classic!! Well done, I've been in fits of laughter!!!

I hope I get the same outcome.

Barclays Bank - SETTLED - £4225.00

First National - SETTLED - £125.00

Lloyds TSB - SETTLED - £994.87

Capital 1 - SETTLED - £827.95

Online Finance - SETTLED - £349.60

Argos - SETTLED - £121.00

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Phil

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks