iqor: re ebay debt, need some advice if possible

Craigbadger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, hoping someone can help me here.

In simple I was running a business on ebay selling vinyl but with a combination of the credit crunch and the fact people are going for digital media things really got tight. Ran up a pretty large bill with ebay and ive been unable to think about clearing it till now(have started a new venture, not including ebay thank god). Coincidently I got a letter from iqor debt collectors asking for £422. I rang them up within the 72 hours and agreed with them to pay £211 by this friday and £211 by the 20th or so of November which I agreed to.

Now I know its my fault for not paying it but I did email ebay explaining that i'd be paying shortly to which they wernt much help and the lack of phone number is a joke really.

Now yesterday I went into ebay out of curiosity and the amount owed is £350 so I rang iqor at which point they tell me that there soliciters are on it and the whole amount has to be paid by next friday or they will take me too court, when I asked them about the extra they said it was fees for admin and letters. I could do this but cant afford to do, ive budgeted to pay the £211.

1 other thing is the letter said something along the lines of "Do not contact ebay, they will refer you to us" but I emailed ebay no mentioning iqor and they have told me I can go in and pay the bill through my ebay, I did actually log in and get as far as just needing to submit. So that does prove that the letter was a lie and I guess thats to scare and get you to deal with them.

What i'm wondering is if I pay the £350 straight through ebay am I obliged to pay iqor the difference? and can they do anything to recover it from me?. Now i'm no expert but surely at that point they would be chasing a non existant debt???.

Sorry about the waffle, any advice you can give me would be much appreciated.

:)

Pay your a/c directly to EBay, IQOR are trying it on by adding charges they are not entitled to.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

A DCA lying !..Surely not.

I didnt know it was possible to run up such a huge debt on ebay, but i guess if you are a business seller it is.

Surely your best bet is to ignore Iqor and pay ebay directly ?

Ive been chased by Iqor for an alegded Paypal debt, they seemed to be idiots, they only ever phoned me at work before I got there, about 8am, god knows why, they never appeared to have my address so I ignored them, however Paypal dont ever chase anyone through court, no doubt to their dodgy T & C's, im not sure its the same for Ebay though.

Andy

Trust me £350 isnt a great deal, maybe a couple of grands worth of sales. ;)

Thanks for that though, i'll pay straight to ebay on friday. What should I tell iqor?, well I guess all I can say is that ive paid it.

And I agree with paypal, the 2 of them have there own laws, and Ebay own Paypal or tother way round. :)

What should I tell iqor?

263dbbt.jpg

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...

Had my quarterly DCA contact for ebay fees. A surprisingly nice letter from Newman. Strange they are not using IQOR anymore who were absolute muppets.

I notice in the letter they have put "Total £***.** which includes our fees. Please contact us within 7 days or further action will be taken to recover the money". Which I guess means 50 calls a day which I can do without.

Can anyone advise on what I can do to get them off my back?, I will pay the ebay bill but direct to them and when i'm ready, ive got things I consider more important to pay first. Also are they allowed to add a fee?. Swear I read they couldnt.

Should I send a CCA which ofcourse they wont have as theres no such thing in the hope they give up? or does this not apply. I'm not bothered as I know they have no power, can just do without the oncoming bombardment of phonecalls.

• 3 weeks later...

Just digging through some old papers and found a letter from IJ requesting a payment of £24, now this was regarding an ebay fee debt which I paid directly to ebay and IJ were not happy, said I should not of contacted ebay but I did pay the £24 purely because I wanted closure on the matter, it was a small amount and figured that was how it was.

Now 3 years older and 3 years less naive I figure I paid for nothing.

Is there any grounds for getting them to refund it?, its not the money issue I was just clearly easy prey(which i'm not now) and would think they need to atleast justify the charge. Any advice would be much appreciated. :)

sadly it will be deemed as a goodwill gesture or gift.

not a chance

been there done that but 15yrs ago!

sorry

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

TBH for that amount it wouldn't be worthwhile expending the time, energy & expense trying to recoup it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, in basic ive got Newman chasing me for an ebay debt of £500, it has been about 4 months owing . I will pay it once I can afford to but its out of the question till next month and its pretty low on my list of priorities. Theyve been sending me letters for about 3 months and the latest says they are recommending there client takes further action. At what point should I become worried?. Ive still got the option to pay ebay direct despite these letters :eek:

Do you have to settle in full? Can you not offer them a part payment of what you can afford now?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Did you buy something from ebay knowing that you could not afford to pay for it?

Did you receive the item?

Its seller fees Wino. I used to sell a lot on there ie ran a business on there but I pretty much ran out of money full stop late last year which actually kick started me into getting my finances in order and getting on the charges reclaiming/CCA requesting etc.

I guess I could offer them a small amount I just wanted to avoid them as if I pay ebay direct I avoid paying them there charge.

At what point would I no longer be able to clear it?, ofcourse I dont want them taking me to court for a smallish amount and if it was a case of pay it now or go to court i'd pay it so are there any delaying tactics?. Although if they were to take me to court would I be right in saying that if I paid in straight away i'd avoid a ccj anyway?

I must say though the letters have been very gently gently.

In that situation I would make Ebay a part payment and write to advise Newmans by recorded delivery that you will be dealing with Ebay directly.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

In that situation I would make Ebay a part payment and write to advise Newmans by recorded delivery that you will be dealing with Ebay directly.

Thanks, sounds like a good idea.

I find it all very odd that ebay still leave the option open to login and pay them despite setting the dogs on you. :)

I find it all very odd that ebay still leave the option open to login and pay them despite setting the dogs on you. :)

You did say you had left it for four months in your first post. Ebay probably have thousands of accounts in this situation. They don't have the time or the inclination to be personal about this. They would just have a set point at which they would pass to debt collectors.

I did not realise from your first post that this was about sellers fees. You seem to be putting your finances in order and trying to get yourself straight again. Ebay would be right down at the bottom half of my prioroty debt list aswell. As you have been already advised send ebay an amount that you can regulary afford each month.:) At least it shows you are not avoiding the debt.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry should of read

Does a DCA need a default notice before further action on a non CCA debt?

Hi, i'm being hassled by Newman on behalf of ebay.

Now I know it is unlikely to happen as its a small amount and I have been making payments to ebay directly(dca are not happy about this:lol:) but ebay are accepting them and the balance is lowering, newman keep writing back saying they are advising there client to sue.

Now i'm not concerned as tbh could pay the debt tomorrow just cant really afford to + I have paid £60 in the last month. But what would have to happen before the dca could take action being as this is not covered by the CCA?. Would ebay have to issue a default notice, terminate the account the sell my account to the dca before any action could be taken still? and can they take me to court without owning the debt?.

Ive written to the dca asking for a full breakdown of all charges of the balance yet they seem to not see this. Perfectly reasonable request imo.

Could someone explain how it would all work in this situation ie the further action bit?.

Thanks.

Edited by Craigbadger

little point in writing to a dca for charges list, SAR the OC.

IF a dca IS adding anything to a debt, they must hold a notice of assignment and the OC must have sold the debt, default noticed you & terminated the A/C first.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for that. Theyve added 10% hence the statement request and ebay have not defaulted me so I will just carry on as I am as there request with extra charges is I presume unlawful without the notice of assignment.

I did say in the letter if they were unable to provide proof they had the rights to collect the debt that they should refer it back to ebay.

Put my mind at rest anyway, does the same rule apply in regards to paying the default amount within 14 days meaning the default is not marked down as with credit cards etc?