Parky V Barclays **SETTLED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, all printed off and ready to start the process, but have a question.

The letter says 'I calculate that you have taken £xxxx plus £xxxwhich you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £xxxx'

but the notes tell me not to ask for the overdraft interest yet.

What do I do? do I calculate the interest owed, put it in the leter but not on the schedule?

thanks for your help.

E

The interest you add on the preliminary letter is what you have been charged by Barclays as interest because you were beyond your overdraft limit. Most people dont bother with this. When you get to put in your court claim you then add on 8% interest to all the charges that Barclays have made.

Hope this helps - look at 'Rooster' posts as I think he has explained it more fully

Spotty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06

Hi Parky,

Are you talking about Prelim letter? if so you only add interest on if you file a claim (in other words, if they dont refund your charges then take them to court add interest on then 8%) dont add on when requesting refunds at prelim stage. Hope this helps:) Good Luck

LETS ROCK !!!:D :D :D

The interest you add on the preliminary letter is what you have been charged by Barclays as interest because you were beyond your overdraft limit. Most people dont bother with this. When you get to put in your court claim you then add on 8% interest to all the charges that Barclays have made.

Hope this helps - look at 'Rooster' posts as I think he has explained it more fully

Spotty

Thanks for that. Think it will be a nightmare to try to separate what I was charged cos i was over my overdraft limit, and what I was charged cos i was just overdrawn.

Think I will go ahead with just the 'Paid ref fees' and the 'charge for unpaid items'...which ammount to a lovely £1020!

Thanks for your help.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dead right!

(there's a template for it in the library)

Victimnomore

By day, quiet unassuming bank customer - but, by night, .. .. .. .. ..

Barclays Case1

14/03/07 **WON** FULL settlement £3358.39

Barclays Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £187.91 back.

Halifax Case1

14/03/07 **WON** Refunded £728 (including £54 costs)

Halifax Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £268.24 back.

You need to send a private message to a MOD (green guys) they will change it for you. Can i just say to all that read the prelim and LBA letters that state plus interest in the letter it means OVERDRAFT INTEREST if they take you overdrawn from a charge and they also apply interest then you CAN claim that back but only if you go into an unauthorised overdraft. The 8% interest is only done at court stages.

Good Luck. You seem like you are doing fine.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They filed a defence today....I make that a day over the deadline but thats life i guess...moneyclaim seem to have accepted it and it will be 'transferred to the appropriate court'.

Bugger.

Well, no one ever said it was going to be straightforward, so barclays, if you are reading this....BRING IT ON!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Even though the claim was transferred to my local court (Uxbridge), and i filed my AQ in time and all that, I have today received a 'General Form of Order' and the claim has been transferred to the London Mercantile in the Royal Corts of Justice.

Is this normal? Can anyone help me understand what is going on? How can it be moved to suit them, when i am the 'injured' party?

Thanks welshman. No date set yet, just really surprised that after being transferred to me local court, they can click their fingers and get it transferred to a different one.

I will await my court date in that case...thanks for putting my mind at rest!

• 3 months later...

eparkus,

have you got a date yet for the Mercantile court?

I'm at the same stage now and my local court is Uxbridge.

I was expecting this to happen as I'd looked through other people's pathways from Uxbridge and it all led to the same place - Mercantile!

Ordered Statements: 06/10/06

Statements Received: 11/10/06

Prelim letter posted: 11/10/06

Standard Reply Received: 19/10/06

LBA posted: 25/10/06

MCOL filed 09/11/06

Offer of Part payment letter received 09/11/06

Rejection letter sent to Barclays 13/11/06

Amendments sent to MCOL 21/11/06

Sealed claim received from MCOL 25/01/07

Claim received by Barclays 29/01/07

2 weeks to defend - deadline 13/02/07

Hi Eparkus, the bank havn't had this transferred to Merc Court, it is something the courts are doing because they are fed up to the back teeth with the banks not settling straight away and wasting courts time. The is absolutely no way that the bank wants to go to Merc court as this court can set a precedent - so don't worry, your money is virtually guaranteed now ;-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Forgot to post on this thread (though did on the settled cases thread so the money gets added up!) that they offered the full cash back before the court date, and I accepted. Sorry, know i should have stung it out but having a tough time at the mo so the miney was better in my account than messing around with them. Good luck to all.

Congratulations!

You did right, if they paid up in full before court, you HAD to accept the money, so don't beat yourself up.

Please ensure you complete the survey (link at the top of the page).

Well done again. If you can afford it, remember this site survives on donations only. :-)