Welcome Finance Question.

pwg6565
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When you say wrong, do you mean my camera work or do you think it may be a dodgy agreement ? My computer know how is very limited I am afraid and do not understand flash drive etc...

I have just been reading the secured loan conversation in the forum. Does the 14 day cooling off period apply to re-write secured loans because mine was done and dusted in one day at the office. Signed sealed and delivered for on the same day ???

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for about a fiver you can pick up a portable hard drive, well i call it a flash frive

go into

argos

rymans

wh smith

curry

any electrical shop and ask,

spend no more than a fiver

then take the flash drive and agreement into an internet caffe and they will scan and load the image onto the flash drive

then when you get home, plug it into a usb port on your computer and the image will open up,

you can then send as an email attachment

On my statement it reads 29/07/08 DISB TRANSFER DEBIT £ *****.** which is the day I signed at the branch.

Ok I will pick up one of those and send it to you over the weekend. I will also let you know what they say when they call me tomorrow. Any advise for the phone call ??

dont worry about that

ill deal with that later

its all to do with disbursal of fees

in english thats hiding commission payments

leave that alone for the time being

it took me two years to understand it

dont give to much away

just tell them to give the information requested

softly softly

catchy monkey

Ok and thanks very much. I will be so grateful after all these years of going without anything to pay these robbers. Flash drive it is. Thanks again I live in renewed hope.

Had the phone call from Welcome at 5pm on the dot.

Asked why I had only recieved 12 months subject access request

and she put me on hold to talk to another department.

After 5 mins she came back and said they were working on it

and someone would call me tuesday with the outcome.

I then said i not had a letter confirming my CCA request

but they had cashed the cheque and

she got all cofused and flustered and said it was contained in the subject access request

that I had already recieved which was only dated back to july 2008 ???

I am very confused so could you please advise.

I would be very grateful.

I then said to her that it was the last day I could recieve CCA

before I do not pay anymore and she said someone will call me tuesday to discuss my account ???

Postggj I have got the flash drive and will scan tomorrow.

Good Evening.

Have mailed you tonight Postggj with some blown up contracts.

Had a letter today from The Customer Relationship Centre telling me I will be contacted in the next few days regarding my complaint.

Do I withold payments now.

All I have recieved in 19 days since my recorded delivery letter is a Subject Access request dating back to July 2008 ?

Next payment due 15th of this month.

Thanks again.

As regards with holding payments, I would only advise ever doing that so long as you are aware of the consequenses... You MAY be rquired to stand up in court one day and justify your reasoning behind that.

For that very reason, you HAVE to have it very clear in your mind where you stand legally. Get all flustered in front of a judge because you haven't quite grasped the why's and wherefore's, and you will be toast.

Thanks for that Fester. I will take your advice and think about it seriously. I am always willing to learn especially when I have been taken for a ride !!!!

Good Evening all.

Just wondered if anyone can suggest my next move ??

It has been three weeks since I sent a CCA and SAR and all I have received is a letter stating that this is my SAR

but it only dates back to July 2008 which was when Welcome re-wrote the loan ?

No mention at all of the CCA.

I have had a couple of phone calls from Welcome since asking me to discuss my arrears and complaints

but I have told them I will not talk about either until my SAR and CCA paperwork is received.

Also the SAR I received was not signed for by anyone at my address it was just put through the letterbox,

surely they would require a signature wouldnt they ?

Postggj were you able to understand my blown up copies I sent yesterday ?

Thanks all again in advance for any help.

Received a letter from Welcome this morning telling me that they have until 19th Sept to complete and send my SAR

The reason they give for the delay is Due to the number of accounts and information we hold on you,

this is taking longer than anticipated and our Compliance team are working on it

Also it refers to removing a £25 charge for a cancelled D/D which they cancelled anyway ?

The letter is printed like they are running out of ink and is from CRC Complaints.

Still no mention of my CCA though ?

Are they presuming that the first SAR dated back to July 2008 is in fact my CCA ?

I would very much like some advice please as I am getting very confused as to what I can and cannot do ??

Hi everyone. Just recieved my SAR by recorded delivery.

It is quite a bundle and have not got a clue what I am meant to be looking for ?

Help would be very much appreciated to point me in the right direction with the SAR.

I also recieved a letter today Notice of Default Sums for two phone call charges £ 10 each for replies to complaints I have made.

Can that be chargable ?

Finally still no sign of my CCA as requested along with the SAR and no reference to it either by Welcome.

I sent them £12 in total.

Any help would be appreciated. I am nearing pay date and dont know if I should pay Welcome another month or put the account in dispute ? Have recieved SAR for past 12 months and SAR for past 6 years but no mention of a CCA as yet ? Dont really know what to look for in SAR so pointers for that would be good please.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am nearing pay date and dont know if I should pay Welcome another month or put the account in dispute ?

Have received Subject Access Request for past 12 months and Subject Access Request for past 6 years

but no mention of a CCA as yet ?

Dont really know what to look for in Subject Access Request so pointers for that would be good please.

Hi Postggj, understand you have been having computer problems,

hope all sorted and any news on my contracts please ?

Many thanks again and have pm you.

hi pwg

sorry as i had a major virus and lost most of my data,

back on line now though

do you have the last six years worth of data now as to your sar

have they included all agreements

all statements

look for also a

statement of means

statement of price

underwriting sheets

these will be ref the micky mouse insurance racket flogged to you

No worries Postggj, hope all is well with your computer.

I dont really know what I am looking for to be honest

I have papers from 2003-2009 and cannot believe I have been so foolish over the years

starting with a car loan and now have a £23000 secured loan with this lot..

I will regret this forever probably.

I have statements but they dont seem to add up from one loan to another.

I do not have anything that reads. statement of means ? statement of price ? underwriting sheets ?

I have loan agreements

some of which I cannot read and

others I can.

Lots of acceptance fees (£235) or broken down as (£2.48 per month) over the loan.

Also mortgage indemnity fees of over (£1500).

I have also noted that on my original secured loan agreement from 2003 the WFS Loan Agreement

has not been ticked in any boxes and on the back it has stated that I have declined all insurances

but has charged me £1560.95 for payment protection insurance(cash price).

Also (£235) acceptance fee (£641)mortgage indemnity fee. APR (with mif and acceptance fee) 30.6%.

hi pwg

this will prob take a week to sort out

ill be asking questions and asking for you to post documents

are you telling me you have a secured loan with all those charges at 30.6 %

have i mentioned a company called direct group

on the secured loan agreement, is there any ref to brokers fee or commission payments

Hi.

Thanks so much for your help with this.

Ok I will post whatever I can find when requested.

The secured loan for 30.6% was the original one from 2003 it seems with all those charges as well yes.

All the agreements that follow are top ups and rewrites and thats why I find myself at £23000.

Despite all of my payments since the latest rewrite I owe more than I started

and the balance is nearer £24000 now.

No I am not aware of Direct Group and no mention of brokers fee or commission payments.

Direct Group - Where Insurance and Innovation Combine - Home Page

these people are welcomes partner in crime ref all the insurance racket

phone them up in the morning and ask them to send out all details they have on you

they normally oblige now as they are trying to distant themself from welcome

I will call them first thing when I get to work.

I wouldnt think they will have much as I only ever agreed to insurances on the first couple of agreements.

As far as I know and only did those because I was told I couldnt have the loans without it !

Can I put my current loan in dispute because of problems with previous ones Post ?

I still have not had a CCA back yet or do you think it is included in the SAR I have recieved ?

I gave them a cheque for £12 but they have only shown a ref to £10.

All of the agreements are in the Subject Access Request I have received, some readable some not.

No mention of a CCA I requested seperately but they have cashed the cheque.

I have an outstanding complaint which they advised I would be called last week to discuss and no phone call.

I have a payment due tuesday but dont know whether to pay or not to be honest until I am satisfied.

Can I legally put the account in dispute under these conditions as I have only recieved SAR ?

It is only readable because I have blown it up on a photo copier. I have sent you two parts by email. You should have it by now.

Really appreciate this Post. Thanks very much.

Just been going through my SAR again Post and this re-write loan was re-written on 29/07/08 from the original agrrement which was 28/11/06, but they have not included the original 28/11/06 agreement ? All of the other agreements are in the SAR that show on the statements but not the original of the current re-write I have. Is this good news ?

Yes signed at the office and all was done in one day. It all came out of the blue to be honest. Welcome called me and said I was a good customer and they wanted to give me a reduced interest rate to lower my payments. No money exchanged hands but the balance of the loan has gone up. The original agreement from 2006 was for £ 21804 ? Where is the original loan agreement and should that not be in the SAR just like all of the others Post ?

sorry if allready asked

welcome dont do re-writes like that unless they know the original is crap

can you post up the modified agreement for me to check,

a nice stiff letter needs to go to welcome

ill dig out the right template for you

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

I am in receipt of the documents that you have supplied in response to my Data Protection Act information request dated (Insert Date). The disclosure of personal data is incomplete in that at least the following documents are missing.

(Adapt this next section to your situation)

1) You have failed to provide a complete list of transactions and charges.(Add details of missing period - or a transaction that you know about which is not included)

2) You have provided no notes, or documents relating to any legal action between you and myself.

3) You have provided no notes, or documents relating to instances of manual intervention.

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, it is just an example of some of the information I am missing.

Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

The time for compliance with my request has now expired. If you do not comply fully with my Subject Access Request within 7 days, I shall apply to the County Court for an order to enforce compliance, together with damages at the discretion of the court.

Yours faithfully,

[name]

sorry

did not get it

send again please