AK Claimform - MBNA card 'debt'

MeeBroke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So the CPR route involves another letter but no payment (i.e. no cheque for a quid or £10)

Edit: I have actually just read more on this. MBNA have not actually refused to supply my CCA, they are simply ignoring my request.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This forum is obviously very good for those who want to help themselves. I'm getting a bit worried though. My job requires me to have a sound credit report. MBNA are going to muck this up for me big style, even though I believe I'll eventually win out-I don't want to lose my job in the mean time. I further want to pursue two other credit providers.

Can anyone recommend some paid professional help? It's obviously a mine field.

Recommendations gratefully accepted.

i have seen very little evidence that any of these 'paid-for' companies can do anything diff to what you can do easily by help on here.

have you already got threads running that might benefit from addition help to move things along?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and reading the thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/204569-meebroke-mbna.html#post2356136

there is little more can be done.

mbna are a hard one.

i'd get these threads merged TBH

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for having a look...

Really though? Are MBNA known to be 'harder' than the others? I'm going to pursue CCAs from Egg and also Barclaycard (formerly Mogan Stanley). Shouldn't I expect the same?

yep

pick the other two that totally ignore their customers

you wont get one out of barclays for sure, just have a read in the forum!

egg, well you might but i doubt it.

now the question needs to be asked why are you cca'ing them?

it doesn't really achieve anything other than p'haps allowing you to offer a low closing balance. its not the magic bullet to wiping out debt. ok you dont have to pay them a monthly sum, 'cause they have no cca, but it doesn't make the debt go away.

far better to sar and reclaim charges & p'haps ppi they mis-sold, then offer a very low F&F to close the matter.

dx

and they

Thanks for that.

I'm mainly pursueing a CCA with MBNA because they ramped up the interest on my account, without explanation. I was never late on a payment, never missed nor underpaid-during the 4 years I have had an account with them. They refused to explain or provide any paperwork.

So I CCA'd them and stopped paying (I've subsequently sent the 'dispute letter, twice and some other reminder letters).

As for the others, this whole process has taught me a lesson in taking control of my credit situation. The first step is getting some clarity on the entire picture. Perhaps the SAR is the correct way forward. I'd be happy with the low F&F for the Egg and BC but MBNA I want to take right to the very end.

yep its very enpowering!

dont feel picked on though.

loads of CCC's just ranked up their interest last year

happened on OH's egg, BC & MBNA too .

dx

and they

MBNA are the worst offenders for this. MD says, "who is going to pay for the G&Ts at the shareholders' bash? Finance director says, "lets ramp up all the interest rates to pay for them" ;)

MeeBrook - have you posted your agreement anywhere?

MBNA are the worst offenders for this. MD says, "who is going to pay for the G&Ts at the shareholders' bash? Finance director says, "lets ramp up all the interest rates to pay for them" ;)

MeeBrook - have you posted your agreement anywhere?

Been trying to get it out of them for 4 months. They will not budge or recognise any of my letters. Until today. I got a letter from Optima Legal, threatening legal action.

OK, after quite a long time of silence, I have today received a letter from Optima Legal.

It threatens legal action, says costs will be added to my balance and further threatens to put a charging order on my home.

Can someone please advise? MBNA have so far ignored all of my letters. The account has been in dispute since May.

Hi MeeBroke

following your thread with interest as you seem to be in virtually the same place as me with MBNA totally ignoring anything I send them. Havent yet received anything from a DCA just MBNA at the moment. Sorry cant offer any advice just now.

Yes, I seem to be in the minority as MBNA hasn't really hassled me all that much (yet). They just seem to be ignoring me, which I find very frustrating. Now suddenly I'm getting threatened by a solicitor.

OK, after quite a long time of silence, I have today received a letter from Optima Legal.

It threatens legal action, says costs will be added to my balance and further threatens to put a charging order on my home.

Can someone please advise? MBNA have so far ignored all of my letters. The account has been in dispute since May.

subbed. my thread muffintop v mbna. been on the go since last nov

I got a letter from optima yesterday too exactly the same. put the worry up me as it threatens charging orders.

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

subbed. my thread muffintop v mbna. been on the go since last nov

I got a letter from optima yesterday too exactly the same. put the worry up me as it threatens charging orders.

I thought threatening charging orders was a definate no no?

I'm going to send them the 'dispute' letter that I sent MBNA, along with a copy of my original request for CCA made in early May.

My opinion is.. and im sure someone will confirm. they cant just GET a charging order willy nilly they would have to go to court to get this and at that stage you would show the acc is in dispute and they would have to then disclose the cca that we have been asking for. Yes I too am sending them a bog off letter dont threaten me DO IT. take me to court and show me the cca... of course the judge may decide that you have got the debt used the money been paying it and its his call at the end of the day.

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

My opinion is.. and im sure someone will confirm. they cant just GET a charging order willy nilly they would have to go to court to get this and at that stage you would show the acc is in dispute and they would have to then disclose the cca that we have been asking for. Yes I too am sending them a bog off letter dont threaten me DO IT. take me to court and show me the cca... of course the judge may decide that you have got the debt used the money been paying it and its his call at the end of the day.

Yep. My point is that I thought there were definate rules about threatening charging orders.

As muffintop has advised, to get a Charging Order, firstly Optima MUST get a CCJ.

It would then need you to default on not paying the CCJ, before Optima could apply for an Interim Charging Order.

Optima, if they applied for an Interim Charging Order would then have to go to court and ask a Judge to grant them a Charging Order.

You, of course would be opposing them every step of the way. ;)

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

As muffintop has advised, to get a Charging Order, firstly Optima MUST get a CCJ.

It would then need you to default on not paying the CCJ, before Optima could apply for an Interim Charging Order.

Optima, if they applied for an Interim Charging Order would then have to go to court and ask a Judge to grant them a Charging Order.

You, of course would be opposing them every step of the way. ;)

Gulp. All sounding scary. Just wish MBNA would respond to ANY of my letters!!

Will notifying Optima of the dispute throw them off the scent?

MeeBroke, does the following help.

this is taken from the OFT debt collection guidelines

Deceptive and/or unfair methods

2.7 Dealings with debtors are not to be deceitful and/or unfair.

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

k. not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Fullyskinted's thread is Here :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D