AK Claimform - MBNA card 'debt'

MeeBroke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At the moment I am being hounded for what MBNA considers an 'underpayment'. I paid what I thought was the minimum last month, £380 -while they claim it should have been £70 more. In the meantime, I have CCA'd them and given them the follow up letter. It has now been 30 days since they received the original CCA request.

Anyway, MBNA have handed the chase of the £70 over to two different companies- Aegis and 'Global-something'. They have been ringing day and night and weekends for weeks. They send me texts and leave long messages on my voicemail-either silent or with music.

Today I got the harrassment template ready to go and rang them to ask for their postal address. They refuse to give me it. I read the letter to them over the phone. What should else should I do?

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There ar quite a few different company names that incorporate the name Aegis;

is it Aegis Limited;

Aegis Financial solutions;

a little more info on the actual name please.

The other one sounds like Arrow Global?

That's them, the pair of the b@st@rds! Neither have UK addresses though. It's Global that have been ringing my home and harassing my wife. We are exdirectory and on the TPS list. I never supplied this number to MBNA. :-x

Really need some advice here.

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0569254Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business Name Company Registration Number

Global Vantedge Private Limited 55112501

Categories:

Consumer credit

Consumer hire

Credit brokerage

Credit reference agency

Debt adjusting/counselling

Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Global Vantedge

Issued Date: 23-Apr-2005 Expiry Date: 22-Apr-2010

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated outside UK)

Authorised To Receive Documents:

Name

Mr Michael James Ward

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Ashish Dhawan OFFICER

Brahmal Vasudevan OFFICER

Gulpreet Singh Kohli OFFICER

Nature of Business:

Debt Collection

Current Address(es):

Address Type Address

Accept Notices/Documents Gateley Wareing LLP One Eleven, Edmund Street, Birmingham, West Midlands, B3 2HJ

Principal Place Of Business 77-B Sector 18, Iffco Road, Gurgaon 122015, Haryana, ., India

Registered Office 77-B Sector 18, Iffco Road, Gurgaon 122015, Haryana, ., India

Historic Address(es):

Address Type Address

Principal Place Of Business ., ., ., ., .

Principal Place Of Business 77-B, Sector 18, Iffco Road, Gurgaon 122015 Haryana, ., India

AC

Okay, if one types in Global Vantedge, the following details are show for Aegis:

CCA Search :: CCA Search Results :: Licence Details

Licence Number:0587111Licence Status:Current

Aegis BPO (UK) Limited 5758953

Categories:

Consumer credit

Consumer hire

Credit brokerage

Credit reference agency

Debt collecting

Issued Date: 15-Jul-2006 Expiry Date: 14-Jul-2011

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Name Position

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Current Organisations that run the organisation:

Name Company Registration Number Position

HBJ GW Secretarial Support Ltd OFFICER

Current Address(es):

Address Type Address

Correspondence 797, London Road, THORNTON HEATH, Surrey, CR7 6YY, United Kingdom

Principal Place Of Business 797, London Road, THORNTON HEATH, Surrey, CR7 6YY, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address Type Address

Correspondence 111, Edmund Street, Birmingham, B3 2HJ

Correspondence 111, Edmund Street, Birmingham, West Midlands, B3 2HJ

Correspondence 111, Edmund Street, Birmingham, West Mids, B3 2HJ

Correspondence HBJ Gateley Wareing 111, Edmund Street, Birmingham, B3 2HJ

Correspondence Michael Ward, c/o HJB Gateley Wareing LLP, 111 Edmund Street, Birmingham, West Midlands, B3 2HJ

Principal Place Of Business 77B, Iffco Road, Sector 18, Gurgaon, Harayana, 122 015, India

Principal Place Of Business 77B, Iffco Road, Sector 18, Gurgaon, Haryana, 122 015, India

Registered Office 111, Edmund Street, Birmingham, West Midlands, B3 2HJ

Registered Office 111, Edmund Street, Birmingham, West Mids, B3 2HJ

Registered Office HBJ Gateley Wareing, Edmund Street, Birmingham, West Midlands, B3 2HJ

Registered Office HBJ Gateley Wareing, Edmund Street, Birmingham, West Mids, B3 2HJ

Registered Office Michael Ward, HJB Gateley Wareing LLP, 111 Edmund Street, Birmingham, West Midlands, B3 2HJ

Registered Office One Eleven, Edmund Street, Birmingham, West Midlands, B3 2HJ

Now you have both addresses!!!

Good Luck

AC

Licence Number:0569254Licence Status:Current

Global Vantedge Private Limited 55112501

Categories:

Consumer credit

Consumer hire

Credit brokerage

Credit reference agency

Debt collecting

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Global Vantedge

Issued Date: 23-Apr-2005 Expiry Date: 22-Apr-2010

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated outside UK)

Authorised To Receive Documents:

Name

Mr Michael James Ward

Name Position

Ashish Dhawan OFFICER

Brahmal Vasudevan OFFICER

Nature of Business:

Debt Collection

Current Address(es):

Address Type Address

Accept Notices/Documents Gateley Wareing LLP One Eleven, Edmund Street, Birmingham, West Midlands, B3 2HJ

Principal Place Of Business 77-B Sector 18, Iffco Road, Gurgaon 122015, Haryana, ., India

Registered Office 77-B Sector 18, Iffco Road, Gurgaon 122015, Haryana, ., India

Historic Address(es):

Address Type Address

Principal Place Of Business ., ., ., ., .

Principal Place Of Business 77-B, Sector 18, Iffco Road, Gurgaon 122015 Haryana, ., India

AC

Brill, thanks! Should I send them the letter, complain to the OFT or both?

Hi gang.

Well, I've thrown my hat into the ring. I'm one of those many that have never missed a payment on anything in their lives. Tough times mean that we've had to cut back in all areas. Spoke to all creditors and all were at least slightly flexible-except MBNA. They refuse to discuss any possibility other than 'keep paying' on a CC debt of £18,000. They've ramped up the ineterest without explanation.

On May11th I CCA'd them and can confirm they received it the following day. Nothing. After about 17 days I sent the second letter. It has now been 34 days and I have not heard one thing. 34 days ago I spoke to them on the phone and said I would not pay another penny until they could explain in writing why my rate was being ramped up. So, for the first time in my life, I have not paid the monthly payment that was due a couple days ago. I simply connot afford the amount they are charging on a 0% CC that they assured me they (Virgin) would switch to "another product" upon completion of the 0% term (no, I don't have this in writing).

I have no intention to pursue my other cards/debts. I can and will manage these. We have restructured our finances and have not used any credit in about 8 months, nor our overdraft.

I just want MBNA sorted. Sorry for the long-winded rant.

Advice on next steps greatly appreciated.

Edited by MeeBroke
title

If you have put the account into dispute then just wait to see what their next move is.

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

hello all pls take a look at the below thread very interesting!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/204839-band-together-against-them.html

have a sunny day laters angel x:-)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Ok, had two letters from MBNA yesterday. One informing me I had missed two payments (I have only missed one, and only because the account is now in dispute). The other was to inform me that they are reporting me to the CRAs. So I hit them with this...

_Mr _______

MBNA Europe Bank Ltd

Stansfield House

Chester Business Park

Chester

CH49QQ

REF: -----------------

Dear Mr ------

I am in receipt of both of your letters dated ------ 2009 in regards to the alleged debt assigned to the reference number listed above, an account which is currently in dispute.

The first letter suggests the account (which is currently in dispute) is two payments past due and includes a demand for payment. This is incorrect as the account is not past due on any payment and never at any time has been.

The second is a letter referring to the alleged debt assigned to the reference number above (which is currently in dispute). It is a threatening letter suggesting that MBNA has “informed the Credit Reference Agencies of the arrears”. No such arrears exist. The letter further threatens that this erroneous and unlawful report will continue to be sent to the “Credit Reference Agencies” leading to a default being registered against my credit file.

Your continued negligence in answering my correspondence is noteworthy. You have ignored my request for a true copy of the Credit Agreement, a copy of this letter I have again enclosed. I have also included the proof of delivery to your office which was signed for on the ------- 2009.

This letter was followed by a second letter making you aware that your failure to comply with my request has placed MBNA in default. This letter was posted on the ------- 2009 and was received and signed for in your office on the ------- 2009. I have further included both a copy of this letter and proof of delivery of this letter.

Please note that as of ------- 2009 the alleged debt assigned to the reference listed above has become unenforceable at law. Let me further highlight the following points:

*You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to a third party.

* You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

It would be remiss of me to not point out that my current position requires me to maintain a perfect credit score. Any illegal and unlawful reports made by MBNA to any “Credit Reference Agencies” will trigger immediate action from my solicitors. I further make you aware that my solicitors are collecting documents, including this, in regards to this alleged debt.

I must also point out that your agent, trading as Global Advantedge (sic), have been fully informed of the situation but have carried out a telephone harassment campaign against me. This harassment then triggered the letter posted ------ 2009, demanding Global Advantedge (sic) cease and desist the harassment immediately. A copy of this letter and the transcripts from the telephone calls has also been placed in the dossier being compiled by my solicitors.

I await the requested documentation in regards to the alleged debt assigned to the reference number listed above and remind you of your obligations in this matter. I also hereby request that all correspondence on the alleged debt be in writing to aid further documentation.

I've just read a worrying thread. My understanding has always been that CC's are unsecured. I am currently pursueing MBNA for a CCA. Is there a chance this will lead to my home being in jeopardy!?!

It is possible for a creditor to obtain a charging order on your property but that would be a long way off and easily preventable, wouldn't worry to much about it if you are just starting out they would have to get a ccj against you first.

cds:)

I've been trawling this forum for a while and can't seem to see many 'success' stories where CCAs are concerned. I've seen some success in recovering PPI but what about balance in general? Are people really being successful in this area, or is it just a prolonged stalling tatic that ends up with you paying the full amount owed anyway?

• 2 weeks later...

I just received a letter from Lowell's Debt collectors, who purchased a credit card debt of mine from MBNA, previously Abbey National, a few years ago. The debt was just over 10 thousand pounds.

I sent off a payment in May 2009 to get a copy of the CCA. They said it was taking a long time to search for it in a recent letter.

Yesterday, I was informed that Abbey did not keep records going back that far and the debt has been written off. Simple as that.

For completeness, I also have two other CCAs with Egg and they are both in dispute because they are unenforceable, as apparently were many loan agreements from Egg dating back to that time-mine were 2002 and 2003. these debts cannot be legally collected and cannot be challenged in the County court (I live abroad anyway!).

Hope this encourages you.