experto claimform - Mbna- Virgin Card ***Claim Discontinued***

Dotty50
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Had a Private & Confidential email today:-

We have been trying to contact you, please can you call us on receipt of this email on 01244 674515 or +44 1244 672111 (overseas) between the hours of 8am-9pm Monday –Thursday, 8am-5pm Friday and 8am-12pm Saturday.

Alternatively, to enable us to comply with the Data Protection Act, and before we can discuss any personal information over e-mail; we require confirmation that you are happy for us to do so.

Upon receipt of a reply to this email consenting to this, we will be able to process your requests both now and in the future.

Why can't they just reply to my letter(s)? :Cry::mad:

There is no indication on this that it is for this card and I have 2 with MBNA, I am so tempted to reply because I want to offer F & F (yes I know there are implications) but I have read threads where offers have been negotiated by email.

Any thoughts please?

Hi All,

Had this today via private & Confidential email. Don't know whether it relates to this MBNA card or my other one

We have been trying to contact you, please can you call us on receipt of this email on 01244 674515 or +44 1244 672111 (overseas) between the hours of 8am-9pm Monday –Thursday, 8am-5pm Friday and 8am-12pm Saturday.

Alternatively, to enable us to comply with the Data Protection Act, and before we can discuss any personal information over e-mail; we require confirmation that you are happy for us to do so.

Upon receipt of a reply to this email consenting to this, we will be able to process your requests both now and in the future.

Question is do I reply? :-|

Hi again, RevIan,

Just googled the phone number and it appears to be one that Virgin use, so it must relate to the other MBNA card. Mbna- Virgin Cca

Thanks for the link, I sent the Account in Dispute letter back in May on this one and still waiting for a response! Apart from their standard reminders, nothing else at all, no phone calls, nothing! :evil:

So you can recognise a genuine e-mail from MBNA when you receive one we'll always quote the last 4 digits of your MBNA Credit Card number

No sign of it on the email I received, although a google search reveals Virgin. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Had an email today as follows:

We would much rather come to an agreement with you directly than take further action however, you are leaving us with no choice. Due to regulatory requirements we will be forced to default your account, which will remain on your credit file for six years. A Default does not relieve you of the responsibility to repay the debt, which may be legally assigned to a third party for collection.

To prevent recovery action, please call an account manager on 01244 659847, they will be available Monday to Thursday 8am to 9pm, Friday 8am to 5pm and Saturday 8am to 12pm.

Also received a letter in a hand written envelope in post offering 'A reduced payment plan' or 'A partial settlement'

This opportunity is 'too good to miss'

Lucky me!

• 4 weeks later...

I was given some information from another Cagger to assist in trying to reach a short settlement offer and decided to go against all advice on here and called them this evening.

Despite speaking to the person I was advised to call and discussing my intentions, she appeared to be very helpful, put me on hold and I was passed to another dept. I realised very quickly that I was through to the collections team and of course it was all about my arrears, what I hadn't paid and when I last paid. I said I had no intention of discussing anything else with her, but she wasn't listening. SURPRISE SURPRISE!

I put the phone down and she called back, I told her again that I would not discuss it with her and put the phone down again.

I called back (Yes, I am stupid) to speak to the original person, was told that she had finished for the day but she could call me back tomorrow, I explained that it wouldn't be convenient to call during office hours, I was put on hold and then put through to........... the person that I had previously put the phone down to! That call ended very quickly too!

Well, they can't say I didn't try :mad:

I was given some information from another Cagger to assist in trying to reach a short settlement offer and decided to go against all advice on here and called them this evening.

Despite speaking to the person I was advised to call and discussing my intentions, she appeared to be very helpful, put me on hold and I was passed to another dept. I realised very quickly that I was through to the collections team and of course it was all about my arrears, what I hadn't paid and when I last paid. I said I had no intention of discussing anything else with her, but she wasn't listening. SURPRISE SURPRISE!

I put the phone down and she called back, I told her again that I would not discuss it with her and put the phone down again.

I called back (Yes, I am stupid) to speak to the original person, was told that she had finished for the day but she could call me back tomorrow, I explained that it wouldn't be convenient to call during office hours, I was put on hold and then put through to........... the person that I had previously put the phone down to! That call ended very quickly too!

Well, they can't say I didn't try :mad:

Hello

I think I am about 3 to 6 months behind you nut I might have the CAG record 14 CC's total debt around £65K most of it to MBNA so I am very interested to listen to what you are going through and although this sems a bit selfish I will of course try to chip in if I get a chance.

I do have a very good idea when it comes to makning an offer they cant refuse but I will need to to it via PM otherwise the whole world will know and I may be stuck when I eventually do it.

Many regards Steve (if it's any help what I am going through now is a total knightmare).

All my postings are Without Prejudice and as such can not be used in any Court.

HI Steve,

I have 8 with approx £60K outstanding and was maintaining payments, although minimum and not getting far, as you can imagine, with the amount of interest going on each month. MBNA balances are around £15k in total and they have now gone to the bottom of my list for offers of short settlement.

Any assistance or advise you have is welcomed, feel free to PM and obviously any information would be confidential.

I see you have a Cap1 thread, they are fun aren't they!

But no MBNA thread/s ?

The information I had previously been given was from someone that managed a short settlement of around 25%, so I was quite positive when I made the call. Now feel quite deflated!

:(

HI Steve,

I have 8 with approx £60K outstanding and was maintaining payments, although minimum and not getting far, as you can imagine, with the amount of interest going on each month. MBNA balances are around £15k in total and they have now gone to the bottom of my list for offers of short settlement.

Any assistance or advise you have is welcomed, feel free to PM and obviously any information would be confidential.

I see you have a Cap1 thread, they are fun aren't they!

But no MBNA thread/s ?

Yes no MBNA threads just yet basically haven't had the time to post them and I have a lot of infor ref MBNA but if I make a general posting it could be contrued as an Advert.

To explain in a bit more detail for you I owed £197K last year and re-mortgaged (now in negative equity on purpose) then paid off about £90k so I now owe around £65k and my partner (poor girl she left France to be with me her English Charming gentleman) 23 years ago I persuaded her that Rochdale is a nicer place to live than Paris and the really sad thing is she thinks it is because she is still in love, I could take her to the Baring Sea fishing for Crab and she would think that because I was near it was heaven (now this will sound macho and I dont mean it like that but I could tell her that I want to live in the Ghobi Desert and she would follow me is she crazy or what). I put her debts with a company (I know they have bad press) and I decided to go it alone for myself. Now it seems at this point what I did for her is looking good and what I have done for myself is also looking good but not as good as her position (she has Lawyers and Barristers and all the other good stuff, I have me). I can assure you I am not snooping nor am I a plant for any company I am honest 50 years old been in debt for 20 years and totally sick of it all but the CAG has given me a bit of fire and I get a lot of pleasure helping people. I have a coupe of ideas about what you should say and do to make an offer they can't refuse but dont want to make a general posting on this as it might make it difficult form me when I have to do it.

Many Regards Steve:cool:

All my postings are Without Prejudice and as such can not be used in any Court.

Hi Steve,

As I said in my previous post, feel free to send me a PM.

Excuse me for interupting here.

Here at CAG, we do NOT condone giving and accepting advice by PM.

A very good reason for this view being that the advice offered may be totally incorrect.

If the advice is posted on an open thread it can corrected by others if it is wrong.

CAG is a self help forum where ideas are shared and developed so others may benefit from getting the right advice and not end up further in debt if the PM'd advice is wrong.

For example, you act on the incorrect advice, the creditor pursues in court, creditor wins because the advice was duff and ends up getting substantial costs awarded against you.........

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Take your point supasnooper, the previous information I had from another Cagger was simply a name and telephone number, although it had helped them, it totally backfired for me!

Speaking to them last night has really knocked my confidence.

I do appreciate this is a self help forum and really appreciate advice given on this and my other threads but I think you can get carried away sometimes if you think someone can give you more information to get out of such a mess.

Incidently no PM has been received!

Don't think it was really likely to!

Can you believe it! As I was typing last post, my mobile went and it was MBNA offering asstistance with a company who do loans and re-mortgages. Was I interested?

Strange that none of the collection team have ever tried to call on my mobile!:confused:

Having read your thread, this is one of the slowest moving cases I have seen involving MBNA.

Don't know if you have read this thread -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/235899-other-test-case.html

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Subbing to it now, thanks, thats bucked me up a bit, it's good to see that they are getting their just desserts!

I was subbing to the previous thread about unenforcibility that got removed.

Perhaps they didn't see my CC as priority because over the years I have paid thousands into this account and they have had as much back in interest as well, if they hadn't changed the conditions last year making it impossible for me to use the account in the way I had before, then I would still be having my salary paid to it.

I have another MBNA (Virgin) thread and they took from April to September to send me a signed tear off slip which is illegible.

Received two letters today both dated 4th December. One headed 'Notice of Sums in Arrears', usual threats etc.

The other just saying account now seriously in arrears, failure to bring it up to date will result in a default being registered at CRA's and eventual termination.

So, letter to prepare to question the tear off slip they sent purporting to be my CCA.

So many things to do and never enough hours in the day!

Got two letters in the post today.

One dated 2nd Dec advising that a DEFAULT is due to register for SIX YEARS and when it is registered, the balance will be SOLD to a third party. Wonder if they will have a copy of the CCA?

The second is a letter quoting balances on both MBNA cards and again, debt to be sold to a third party etc!

Hi Dotty,

I would not bother sending coppies of letters. They already have them.

Also mark the letter Official Complaint. They have to do something then.

I would also add:

I would remind you that , s.127(3) CCA 1974 makes this account unenforceable at this time.

• 2 weeks later...