ACS:Law copyright file sharing claims, Gallant Macmillan - and probably some others along the way...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Another thing that amazes me about all this as well....

There are people who do far worse things in this country - like attack,rape,mug,murder people... yet the system is too afraid to touch people like that as they will have legal/human rights on their side.

Infact the system will even go out of its way to give them a new identity,new home,new job/money..new everything if need be.

You would think maybe, just maybe the likes of ACS Law would spend its time chasing the real scumbags in this country, rather than those who just happened to have downloaded a certain song/game - deliberately or not.

ACS Law will fail on this matter, no doubt about it & no-one will pay them a penny.

But im just saddened that firms like this just seem to have their priorities wrong completely.

No wonder Britain in 2009 is a crime ridden,soft touch hell hole :(

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You would think maybe, just maybe the likes of ACS Law would spend its time chasing the real scumbags in this country, rather than those who just happened to have downloaded a certain song/game - deliberately or not.

Ah, but is there any money in it?

David

hi has any one put a template l,o,d in the thread I cant see one but there is a lot to trawl through cheers

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/198192-acs-law-34.html#post2277687

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

LOD posted. Anyone heard anything back yet ?

i send my 1st LOD 14 days ago have not heard any thing yet but i am not bothered cos i wont give in to bullies or blackmailers and will advise the same to everyone who is the innocent victim.

Just out of interest has anyone heard of or know about one of these letters going to a company rather than indviduals?

As i'm sure lots of file sharing goes on within companies on nice quick connections?

i dont think they will send letter to a company cos it wont be very cost effective for them in any way cos there wont be any the weak victim as individuals.

Edited by pridewat

Having read through this thread, you may want to have a nose through this link p2p file sharers, it maybe beneficial to download this program:-

**Unapproved external link**

Edited by car2403
**Unapproved external link**

i very much hope they are. but i am sure the public pressure will work eventually

Whether they actually iniatiate court actions remains to be seen.

I strongly suspect however they have already made a lot of money out of this operation anyway.

David

i dont think they will send letter to a company cos it wont be very cost effective for them in any way cos there wont be any the weak victim as individuals.

This was what i suspected! and in addition i would imagine most companies larger than just a few people would have access to a solicitor or law firm who could tell them that they have no case and respond for them.

been worrying since got letter last week just got LOD approved by solicitor she checked out ACS and they are real lawyers. its really anoying whne you did not do it but cause its tracked to do you have no rights pay up or else but i suspect it would not end there if you do pay it.

Whether they actually iniatiate court actions remains to be seen.

I strongly suspect however they have already made a lot of money out of this operation anyway.

David

i am sure they have .say 6000 letters they send 10% give in and that earn them £300,000 (not bad) and numbers may be more than 10%

Each & everyone of us need to make every newspaper aware of this ;)

Trouble is I think you'd need to be in receipt of the letter to get any impact out of it... unfortunately or fortunately I'm not a recipient.

S.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks